View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post

I guess what drives me crazy more than anything is people not understanding the implications of stewards perhaps overly protecting big name horses and short priced favorites. Would this ride have gotten a journeyman rider a suspension in a cal bred maiden claimer?

You say people want accountability which is easy to understand. However what isnt so easy to understand is how do you measure or quantify that?
You're right that it won't be easy to have more accountability. But, just because it might not be easy doesn't mean it doesn't have to start somewhere. I also don't see this kind of thing happening much in cal bred claimers. Don't think Espinoza would care enough to do this in a different race.

And I have seen enough stewards rulings to realize they probably can't even tell a questionable ride from a normal one. But lets put people in place who can.

I'd just like to see more questions being asked. Let's take every incident individually and go from there. What is the worst that could possibly happen?

More transparency?