Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stakes Archive (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   8/19 (SAR): Alabama (G1), Lake Placid (G2) (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62914)

Kasept 08-16-2017 10:04 PM

8/19 (SAR): Alabama (G1), Lake Placid (G2)

10 pnt move up 08-16-2017 11:36 PM

Unchained Melody, if she can handle the distance, jogs on this biased track.

RolloTomasi 08-17-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up (Post 1097708)

The 3 inside horses potentially have enough speed to secure the rail early.

Holy Helena's maiden win (i.e., her most recent dirt start), had 1/2 mile and 3/4 fractions comparable to every sprint on the card that day, including a 6f optional claimer $62.5K for older males. Her race was 8.5f and she dueled for the lead.

It Tiz Well has been sharp early as of late and has displayed CA-style sprint speed in the past. New Money Honey runs on dirt for the first time and with the rail draw may try to send to avoid dirt in the face. Many Medaglia D'Oros tend to be one-paced but blessed with natural speed and this filly is closely related to frontrunner Bohemian Lady and Any Given Saturday.

10 pnt move up 08-17-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RolloTomasi (Post 1097712)
The 3 inside horses potentially have enough speed to secure the rail early.

Holy Helena's maiden win (i.e., her most recent dirt start), had 1/2 mile and 3/4 fractions comparable to every sprint on the card that day, including a 6f optional claimer $62.5K for older males. Her race was 8.5f and she dueled for the lead.

It Tiz Well has been sharp early as of late and has displayed CA-style sprint speed in the past. New Money Honey runs on dirt for the first time and with the rail draw may try to send to avoid dirt in the face. Many Medaglia D'Oros tend to be one-paced but blessed with natural speed and this filly is closely related to frontrunner Bohemian Lady and Any Given Saturday.

TF has her with a very clear lead, but you could be right with the riders finally figuring out that the inside is overpowering it may change things.

RHT2004 08-17-2017 05:48 PM

Im all 4,7.

RHT2004 08-19-2017 04:32 PM

Its Motts race.

10 pnt move up 08-19-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHT2004 (Post 1097940)
Its Motts race.

I bet the 3, Elate was better but it was the dream setup.

Did you hear she was intimidated in her last race? I heard Greg Wolf mention it 75 times the past week of telecasts.

RHT2004 08-19-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up (Post 1097948)
I bet the 3, Elate was better but it was the dream setup.

Did you hear she was intimidated in her last race? I heard Greg Wolf mention it 75 times the past week of telecasts.

Ive been a fan. I think her maiden win signaled she was very good, then a lot went wrong. Her last 2 feel like the real Elate.

10 pnt move up 08-19-2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHT2004 (Post 1097949)
Ive been a fan. I think her maiden win signaled she was very good, then a lot went wrong. Her last 2 feel like the real Elate.

She is very good now, which is great.

I am likely, as someone who bets, going to be against her next out as she got a great trip and setup.

Also, what the hell was the ride on the 8, i made a small wager on her, and while she was never winning going 6 wide 6 wide at a mile and a quarter is never going to win anything, she actually rallied to be 5th which is nuts to me.

taxicab 08-20-2017 12:40 AM

Man,those Brendan Walsh horses always look good appearance wise,Proctor's Ledge was all the horse today...........Walsh is a very good horseman.
Proctor's Ledge has looked like new money since Lasix was added........a very nice type.

taxicab 08-20-2017 12:45 AM

Elate skated by a pretty nice one at the pole,she's getting real good.........I suppose the BC Distaff would be her long term goal ?
Well........that could be a major race if they all make it to the gate.

10 pnt move up 08-20-2017 09:00 PM

Pretty funny exchange on Fridays preview of the Alabama between Andy and Paul.

Paul's handicapping has more than held up this meet, for all those that derided him, and he hasnt even had that much time to get to really know that circuit.

taxicab 08-20-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up (Post 1098120)

Paul's handicapping has more than held up this meet, for all those that derided him, and he hasnt even had that much time to get to really know that circuit.

PLD is sharp,knows his horses.
Solid handicapper.

SniperSB23 08-22-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up (Post 1097708)

She did plenty of jogging, blew my $50 win bankroll builder bet on her on the same logic, didn't realize she was going to literally jog around the track.

blackthroatedwind 08-22-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up (Post 1098120)

Totally agree. It's a pleasure working with him.

What most people don't see is what a nice person he is and how he always has time for people, especially kids, that stop to speak to him.

Alabama Stakes 08-22-2017 10:13 AM

He knows how to talk to kids from being a 4 time major league all-star. He also probably is nice to them and doesnt yell at them to go home and clean their room, because they're too young to be betting at the track.
Gotta give him credit for making it as a catcher at his size. You don't see many catchers that small. He must be tough as nails. I like him.

The channel 10 set at the fountain entrance is the biggest ****ing waste of prime space in history. They are almost never there. Who makes these decisions? Tear that sucker down. They basically have planted ugly bushes where hundreds sat and watched the hosses come on the track for years and years. Shade trees gone with none replanted is the most egregious of them all.
I like the Monday giveaway instead of Sunday. It makes for two better days, but putting the majority of the giveaway items at the top of the stretch instead of the big red spring makes for good exercise, but seems absurd. We met a lot of cool people this year as always. Also saw friends that we met up there in the late 80's early nineties and are still tight with. The beards are white and much less hair, but the great memories remain. Slipknot at Aikos tonight .