Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Vanity Fair article on Sarah Palin (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38136)

Riot 09-02-2010 05:35 PM

Vanity Fair article on Sarah Palin

Ouch.

DerbyCat 09-02-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot (Post 691448)
Ouch.

Truth hurts.

And anyone on this board who thinks she's 100% qualified to be the President of the Unites States of America deserves all of the scorn that is heaped upon them by any other logical and politically astute member of DerbyTrail.

Yes, I did say that...

Yes, I will join the scorn dog pile

And I stand by that comment

hi_im_god 09-02-2010 09:34 PM

^
elitist snob.

clyde 09-02-2010 09:48 PM

What's the tiny quote on the cover say this month?

Cannon Shell 09-02-2010 09:57 PM

Free Lindsay Lohan

I tried to read that 'article' but it was pretty much a ridiclous premise. Seriously I have no idea why this woman is so popular with some or hated by others. Personally I really don't pay much attention to her but some here seem so obcessed with her that I am drawn in to see why.

SCUDSBROTHER 09-02-2010 09:58 PM

"Warm and effusive in public, indifferent or angry in private: this is the pattern of Palin’s behavior toward the people who make her life possible."

That's textbook Narcissism. Matter of fact, that pose she has for the front of her book is called a Narcissistic pose. You'll sometimes read that all Presidents are Narcissists. Well, the most glaring sign that someone's a Narcissist is their intolerance towards conversations that don't have them as a central figure. So, you tell me the presidents who were impatient when discussing some world problems. Take it from there. In one-on-one situations, they won't be shy about letting you know it. In public, it will be there, but it's going to usually be seen as a lack of interest in something. Like when she was Governor. They asked her about the way she got her national news. Uh, trust me folks, Narcissists could really not care less about news that doesn't directly involve (or effect) them. That's why that question (for her) was such a fail. There are questions that Narcissists just can't handle. That was one of them. That whole situation where her kids had to discover Trig's syndrome by looking at his face? That's a huge example of someone much more concerned about themselves than about others (her kids, for instance.)

DerbyCat 09-02-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi_im_god (Post 691509)
^
elitist snob.

And this coming from the man who dares call himself god!

Thanks god, from you that's a compliment! :D

DerbyCat 09-02-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon Shell (Post 691528)
Free Lindsay Lohan

I tried to read that 'article' but it was pretty much a ridiclous premise. Seriously I have no idea why this woman is so popular with some or hated by others. Personally I really don't pay much attention to her but some here seem so obcessed with her that I am drawn in to see why.

Pitbull...

Lipstick....

Golly gee, aww shucks....

Come on, Chuck!

Can't you see it now?

Me either :wf

clyde 09-02-2010 10:02 PM

What was the tiny quote this month??

DerbyCat 09-02-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 691536)
What was the tiny quote this month??

It was....

Clyde, give it a rest!

clyde 09-02-2010 10:14 PM

CatGirlDo......suck on this,baby.

please!!!!

clyde 09-02-2010 10:14 PM

Your answer was pretty funny..have to admit.

geeker2 09-02-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerbyCat (Post 691505)
Truth hurts.

And anyone on this board who thinks she's 100% qualified to be the President of the Unites States of America deserves all of the scorn that is heaped upon them by any other logical and politically astute member of DerbyTrail.

Yes, I did say that...

Yes, I will join the scorn dog pile

And I stand by that comment

DC you are right...this country couldn't stand another 4 years of someone that is 100% not qualified to be President of the United States ;)

clyde 09-02-2010 10:22 PM

That was beautiful...and Ralph is drunk on Franny wine.

geeker2 09-02-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde (Post 691547)

That was beautiful...and Ralph is drunk on Franny wine.

btw where is our Franny?

clyde 09-02-2010 10:31 PM

She broke up with me and said she never wanted to see me again....so,phhhht.

DerbyCat 09-02-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeker2 (Post 691544)
DC you are right...this country couldn't stand another 4 years of someone that is 100% not qualified to be President of the United States ;)

Well Geek, if that's the case we shouldn't have had any representation in that position for most of my life, and I'm not some spring chicken! :p

geeker2 09-02-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerbyCat (Post 691552)
Well Geek, if that's the case we shouldn't have had any representation in that position for most of my life, and I'm not some spring chicken! :p

Ahhhhhhhhhh...but like a fine wine !

DerbyCat 09-02-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeker2 (Post 691554)
Ahhhhhhhhhh...but like a fine wine !

You flatter me!

Or you're drunk!

Have you been drinking my fine wine?!

Morty will not be happy with you for that move, young man!

:D

Cannon Shell 09-02-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER (Post 691530)
"Warm and effusive in public, indifferent or angry in private: this is the pattern of Palin’s behavior toward the people who make her life possible."

That's textbook Narcissism. Matter of fact, that pose she has for the front of her book is called a Narcissistic pose. You'll sometimes read that all Presidents are Narcissists. Well, the most glaring sign that someone's a Narcissist is their intolerance towards conversations that don't have them as a central figure. In one on one situations, they won't be shy about letting you know it. In public, it will be there, but it's going to usually be seen as a lack of interest in something. Like when she was Governor. They asked her about the way she got her national news. Uh, trust me folks, Narcissists could really not care less about news that doesn't directly involve (or effect) them. That's why that question (for her) was such a fail. There are questions that Narcissists just can't handle. That was one of them. That whole situation where her kids had to discover Trig's syndrome by looking at his face? That's a huge example of someone much more concerned about themselves than about others (her kids, for instance.)

But she isn't muslim or Turkish