Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dee Tee Stables (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   TAMPA: Meet-Up Thread (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19004)

Kasept 12-27-2007 01:18 PM

TAMPA: Meet-Up Thread

TAMPA 5TH VENUE OF YEAR FOR DEE TEE PARTNERS

Dee Tee Stables visits its' 5th racing oval of 2007 Friday when KICKIN N SCREAMIN makes her debut in the Lime and Royal in the 4th race at Tampa Bay Downs. The daughter of Chester House is hoping to help Dee Tee end its' first year of competition on a high note after Sumwonlovesyou's trioka of placements at Churchill and Arlington earlier this year.

With Rosemary Homeister Jr. in the irons, Kickin N Screamin will go postward at 8-1 on the morning line, and looks to be very competitive in this 8.5f 'non-winners of 2 lifetime' turf event. Earlier Thursday after visiting KNS and TC at the Oldsmar barn, Chuck expressed the feeling that the 4yo filly is coming into Friday's race the right way and looks great.

CHUCK, MIKE & LEO YOUR HOSTS FRIDAY

With Chuck in attendance Friday, having cancelled a planned vacation out of the country this week, I will not make the trip to Tampa. Mike Curie ("Bigsmc") and Leo Smith ("31 lengths"), both Tampa Bay area residents, will take on hosting responsibilities. Two boxes with room for 16 have been procurred from the TBD publicity office, and Mike will have tickets, programs, etc.

MEET UP INFO ON THREAD AT DT.COM

Stay tuned to this thread for further details about where/how to meet. Tampa is not a big plant and a meeting spot that could work is by the paddock rail on the grandstand track apron across from the 16th pole. I'd suggest that as an appropriate coordinating spot at noon and after each race (as we've done elsewhere), but Mike will update at DT.com later this evening.

FOUR HORSES OF RACING AGE COME TUESDAY

With the unleashing our second runner, Dee Tee arrives at the cusp of the New Year about to officially become a stable with 4 horses 'of racing age'. On Tuesday, Kickin N Screamin turns 5 and Sumwonlovesyou 4, while Aldebutante and Rampillion become 2 year olds. Friday should be a fun day as our horses make their 7th collective start.

I hope everyone will be able to watch KNS run tomorrow, as it has the potential to be a great race. Racedays also seem to be particularly crazy on the website. Anyone who needs any help with their trip to Tampa can reach me by phone or Email. More as the evening and Friday unfolds!

Enjoy your horse's race.. May she and Rosie come back safe!

Steve

Scav 12-27-2007 01:30 PM

BIGS IS IN CHARGE :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hope people can handle their booze

pweizer 12-27-2007 02:09 PM

I am heading to the airport in a few but look forward to meeting many of you tomorrow. I will check the board for updates when I land.

Paul

Riot 12-27-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

CHUCK, MIKE & LEO YOUR HOSTS FRIDAY
Oh, boy, that could get interesting .... :p

Bigsmc 12-27-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scav
BIGS IS IN CHARGE :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hope people can handle their booze

I don't know what you are talking about.....

31lengths 12-27-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsmc
I don't know what you are talking about.....

I don't know what you're talking about.....either :)

Bigsmc 12-27-2007 07:50 PM

Here you go Steve...

1 Attachment(s)
KNS's new blinks, on the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream eating monster....

Attachment 619

Bigsmc 12-27-2007 08:06 PM

For all attending tomorrow...

We should have passes (and programs) waiting for us at the Clubhouse entrance. To get to the Clubhouse, if you are coming from the south on Racetrack Road (from St. Pete or Tampa), it will be the first entrance on your right (east) as you are approaching the track (before you reach the grandstand). The pass gate is on the far left of the entrance as you are walking toward the clubhouse/grandstand.

We have boxes reserved in the first row, just past the finish line. Come on up to the second floor and I will be there early (in the box seat area) sporting my white DT T-Shirt and DT Stables lid. I'm sure it won't be too crowded and I'm not a small dude, so I'll be easy to spot. If you have any troubles finding me, just ask Patty, The Red-Headed-Box-Seat-Nazi (don't tell her I called her that, or she'll whip my azz) where Big Mike is located.

The golfers of the bunch can arrive early and hit a bucket at The Downs Practice Facility just south of the Clubhouse entrance.

PM me for my cell number.

I'll see you at the races....GO KNS!!!

Scav 12-27-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

KNS's new blinks, on the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream eating monster....

Attachment 619

This is awesome :)

Scav 12-27-2007 08:11 PM

FYI, I am expecting PICTURES of tomorrow. Make sure you have new batteries and the memory card empty so you are not like me at Toga

The Indomitable DrugS 12-27-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

For all attending tomorrow...

We should have passes (and programs) waiting for us at the Clubhouse entrance. To get to the Clubhouse, if you are coming from the south on Racetrack Road (from St. Pete or Tampa), it will be the first entrance on your right (east) as you are approaching the track (before you reach the grandstand). The pass gate is on the far left of the entrance as you are walking toward the clubhouse/grandstand.

We have boxes reserved in the first row, just past the finish line. Come on up to the second floor and I will be there early (in the box seat area) sporting my white DT T-Shirt and DT Stables lid. I'm sure it won't be too crowded and I'm not a small dude, so I'll be easy to spot. If you have any troubles finding me, just ask Patty, The Red-Headed-Box-Seat-Nazi (don't tell her I called her that, or she'll whip my azz) where Big Mike is located.

The golfers of the bunch can arrive early and hit a bucket at The Downs Practice Facility just south of the Clubhouse entrance.

PM me for my cell number.

I'll see you at the races....GO KNS!!!

Do they have video replay machines on track?

Bigsmc 12-27-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
Do they have video replay machines on track?

I do not believe so, but never had the need to find one (I watch 'em on the computer at home).

As I type this (and actually think about it) , I really really doubt that they do, after all it is Tampa.

Are you gracing us with your presence tomorrow?

Bigsmc 12-27-2007 08:18 PM

From their website....

"and the addition of two video libraries to view replays of the races, during the season"

So, I guess they do have them. Obviously, I'm not sure where.

Danzig 12-27-2007 08:34 PM

have my dvr set to tape hrtv...wish i could be there to cheer on our gal in person.

hope everyone enjoys the day, i can't wait to hear how she does.

Riot 12-27-2007 08:51 PM

Quote:

Oh, yes, THAT is a good picture! Love it! :)

hoovesupsideyourhead 12-27-2007 08:57 PM

tvg will have tampa starting fri..they said on air today.......

ArlJim78 12-27-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Attachment 619

interesting blinkers on move.

have you tried a tongue tie yet?

Bigsmc 12-27-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlJim78
interesting blinkers on move.

have you tried a tongue tie yet?

Definitely needed.

Scav 12-27-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Definitely needed.

aren't those used for squaky wives?

Buffymommy 12-27-2007 09:30 PM

Good luck to KNS and all of her connections. Here is hoping to a great race with a great outcome! :)