Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   "At the Races with Steve Byk" (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   6/8 ATR: Baffert, Barnes, McGaughey, C. Brown, Johnny D, White (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57489)

Kasept 06-08-2015 11:36 AM

6/8 ATR: Baffert, Barnes, McGaughey, C. Brown, Johnny D, White

Monday ATR Triple Crown Recap Part I..

9:00 Bob Baffert
9:40 Jimmy Barnes
10:00 Johnny D
10:35 Shug McGaughey
11:00 Chad Brown
11:45 Jon White

Archive, etc., http://stevebyk.com; SiriusXM replay 6-9a Tuesday..

smartbid09 06-09-2015 03:01 AM

Great show Steve! I always wondered what a post triple crown winning Steve Byk show would sound like and now I know.

Baffert gave the kind of interview you want to hear. It was like he was talking to horse fans and not an NBC audience of fans.

Giving Barnes a chance to shine was a real class move on your part and Jon White was awesome as always. (People should really be giving Jon his due as he openly stated that American Pharoah looked like a triple crown winner way before the Derby. That's no small feat considering how a lot of people thought we might never see one again.)

In my personal opinion this was a show for the ages and I can't wait to hear what the rest of the week sounds like.

Keep up the great work Steve and thanks again!

Arletta 06-09-2015 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartbid09 (Post 1030840)
Great show Steve! I always wondered what a post triple crown winning Steve Byk show would sound like and now I know.

Baffert gave the kind of interview you want to hear. It was like he was talking to horse fans and not an NBC audience of fans.

Giving Barnes a chance to shine was a real class move on your part and Jon White was awesome as always. (People should really be giving Jon his due as he openly stated that American Pharoah looked like a triple crown winner way before the Derby. That's no small feat considering how a lot of people thought we might never see one again.)

In my personal opinion this was a show for the ages and I can't wait to hear what the rest of the week sounds like.

This isn't the first horse he's declared a possible TC winner :D

joeydb 06-09-2015 08:01 AM

Terrific show Steve. Made me savor the win that much more. Going to Delaware Park this weekend for a contest and I am that much more psyched up now. :)

LARHAGE 06-09-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arletta (Post 1030847)
This isn't the first horse he's declared a possible TC winner :D

Give him a break, he was just one generation off! :D

Kasept 06-10-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartbid09 (Post 1030840)

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeydb (Post 1030854)
Terrific show Steve. Made me savor the win that much more. Going to Delaware Park this weekend for a contest and I am that much more psyched up now. :)

S/B, Joey..

Thanks very much.. Only had to line the guests up to assure entertaining shows this week. I became very aware driving back Sunday that the shows this week will be offer a permanent record of American Pharoah's achievement over these 5 weeks. ATR has a unique format that allows for full expressions by principals involved in the game's great moments and I thought Baffert opening Monday with 40 minutes of relaxed and earnest reflection was an ideal start. Barnes following Baffert, Zayat Tuesday, Espinoza Wednesday and all the pundits adding perspective help round out the story. Still more to come from here in Louisville Thursday and Friday. Hope everyone has enjoyed this special Triple Crown season.