Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Bar & Grill (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Super Bowl Line (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45311)

Scav 01-22-2012 09:46 PM

Super Bowl Line

What did it open at?

Scav 01-22-2012 09:56 PM

Just saw NE -3 55 O/U on another board

Discuss like always

tiggerv 01-22-2012 09:59 PM

It's 3 or 3.5 depending on the book.

RockHardTen1985 01-22-2012 10:19 PM

NE at 3 is silly. They were 7 against the Ravens, Im a die hard Pats fan, was at the game and still bet the Ravens. The # should be around 6. The Giants are hot, the Pats are the much better football team.

Calzone Lord 01-22-2012 10:46 PM

Post pictures.

I'm calling BS that you went to the game.

RockHardTen1985 01-22-2012 10:50 PM

Not only was this Joey Ice at the game, but I was in a box for the second half. I ate good.

Calzone Lord 01-23-2012 12:02 AM

Take a picture of your ticket.

Cannon Shell 01-23-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 (Post 833598)
NE at 3 is silly. They were 7 against the Ravens, Im a die hard Pats fan, was at the game and still bet the Ravens. The # should be around 6. The Giants are hot, the Pats are the much better football team.

They were at home for the ravens game. You were there remember?

Danzig 01-23-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calzone Lord (Post 833628)
Take a picture of your ticket.

do you have to have a ticket if you're sitting in a cardboard box in the parking lot? to some that qualifies for 'at the game. in a box'!

Clip-Clop 01-23-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon Shell (Post 833701)
They were at home for the ravens game. You were there remember?

Worth 3.5 at Foxboro, probably 4.5 in playoff games.

hi_im_god 01-23-2012 07:21 PM

ne is -3 and you can bet them even at bovada (formerly bodog). you're getting 3 and -120 for the giants.

ny is a ridiculously low +115 on the money line.

for comparison sf was +3 or +165 a few hours before the n.o. game.

someone likes the giants.

timmgirvan 01-23-2012 11:03 PM

Pats 24 Giants 16

docicu3 01-24-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 (Post 833598)
The Pats are the much better football team.

Ahh NO they are not. The Giants certainly did not play up to their potential until late in the season but they have no glaring weakness now on either side of the ball or the kicking game and most importantly they are on a roll.

NFL championships are won by teams with momentum not the best numbers overall. It pains me to admit the Giant's are likely to win this game but only a fool would ignore how the Giant's have looked these last few weeks despite the Pats winning 10 in a row they have not beaten many solid teams.

This line will continue to fall until it's very close to a push by game time. Remember the sole objective of the line is to split the play and create a 50/50 financial interest in the game. It will be harder to sustain New England's play as we get closer to Feb. 5th.

If for one, the Pats continue to trot out WR Julian Edelman and guys from the Raider's practice squad to play DB for them the Giant's will have a field day through the air on deep balls especially to guys like Cruz who gets up like no Pats DB.

Sadly this could look more like 1986, Bears-Pats 46-10 than one of the late game Brady/Vinatieri miracles.

Maybe the best idea is to accept the likely outcome here and try to make a few bucks on the money line while on vacation in Cancun. The line at kickoff will be closer to a "pick" than -3 IMO.....

santana 01-24-2012 06:40 AM

Its very hard for the number to get off the -3 NE....it would take a huge bet for that to happen....I still think the Giants will probably win.....this coming from a Jets fan....lol

Clip-Clop 01-24-2012 10:01 AM

The Pats, 3x, have not covered a line as favorite in the Superbowl, that will not likely change this year.

kp319 01-24-2012 10:57 AM

Right now Giants +3 -125 in ny.

dellinger63 01-24-2012 11:15 AM

in Chicago 'private' books won't release a number till 11am day of. You NY guys have it made.

dalakhani 01-24-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docicu3 (Post 833780)
Ahh NO they are not. The Giants certainly did not play up to their potential until late in the season but they have no glaring weakness now on either side of the ball or the kicking game and most importantly they are on a roll.

NFL championships are won by teams with momentum not the best numbers overall. It pains me to admit the Giant's are likely to win this game but only a fool would ignore how the Giant's have looked these last few weeks despite the Pats winning 10 in a row they have not beaten many solid teams.

This line will continue to fall until it's very close to a push by game time. Remember the sole objective of the line is to split the play and create a 50/50 financial interest in the game. It will be harder to sustain New England's play as we get closer to Feb. 5th.

If for one, the Pats continue to trot out WR Julian Edelman and guys from the Raider's practice squad to play DB for them the Giant's will have a field day through the air on deep balls especially to guys like Cruz who gets up like no Pats DB.

Sadly this could look more like 1986, Bears-Pats 46-10 than one of the late game Brady/Vinatieri miracles.

Maybe the best idea is to accept the likely outcome here and try to make a few bucks on the money line while on vacation in Cancun. The line at kickoff will be closer to a "pick" than -3 IMO.....

No disrespect doc, but i highly doubt the line ends up a pick. Sharp players that took the open at +3.5 would hammer on the Pats the other way if the line drops to 2.5or lower. Regardless of who the public is in love with, books will not want to risk getting middled like in superbowl ? (someone help me because i forget the number) when the steelers beat the cowboys by 4 (35-31) creating a legendary beating for the house.

I rarely say "never" and you could be right but I bet it doesn't go below 2...if it moves down at all from here. Just my opinion.

3kings 01-24-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalakhani (Post 833820)
No disrespect doc, but i highly doubt the line ends up a pick. Sharp players that took the open at +3.5 would hammer on the Pats the other way if the line drops to 2.5or lower. Regardless of who the public is in love with, books will not want to risk getting middled like in superbowl ? (someone help me because i forget the number) when the steelers beat the cowboys by 4 (35-31) creating a legendary beating for the house.

I rarely say "never" and you could be right but I bet it doesn't go below 2...if it moves down at all from here. Just my opinion.

I agree with this. The thing you will see if there is too much Giant money is the money line decreasing even more. They new the public would take the Giant money line hard, so it was already undervalued and will continue to drop. The books can't afford to have the sharpies jake the bet. If they lose on the Giants it's OK, they will win it back on prop bets

Alabama Stakes 01-24-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docicu3 (Post 833780)

that being said....the jints needed 2 special teams blunders by the same mook, to squeak out an OT win over the terrble 49ers with Alex Smith. This is Tom Brady.....we can't cover, but you guys can't cover either, plus you're slow....real slow....Pats win. Someone will always be open. Gronk, Hernandez Branch or Welker. y'all can't cover all of them. Benny Green-Ellis will also run it down the giants gizzard most of the day.