Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stakes Archive (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2/17 (OP): Southwest, Razorback, Bayakoa (G3's) (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67409)

Kasept 02-16-2020 11:44 AM

2/17 (OP): Southwest, Razorback, Bayakoa (G3's)

Alabama Stakes 02-17-2020 12:32 AM

I love the 2 longest shots in the Southwest. I thought Lukas guy was impressive at Saratoga , ran well last time and had strong gallop out. Maybe he’ll better handle the stretch out this year than last.
Not sure what Ibad Ortiz is doing that’s more important than riding Villainois tomorrow, but a David Cohen is a good replacement. He impressed despite being all over the track from excessive whip use. Should run even better off the mud.

moses 02-17-2020 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes (Post 1135104)
I love the 2 longest shots in the Southwest. I thought Lukas guy was impressive at Saratoga , ran well last time and had strong gallop out. Maybe he’ll better handle the stretch out this year than last.
Not sure what Ibad Ortiz is doing that’s more important than riding Villainois tomorrow, but a David Cohen is a good replacement. He impressed despite being all over the track from excessive whip use. Should run even better off the mud.

I like Answer In the most...but I’m with you on the Lukas horse. Could be worth a shot at the right price.

Dahoss 02-17-2020 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes (Post 1135104)

I’m proud of you. You almost made it through an entire post without a veiled shot at one of the Ortiz’s or something NYRA related.

Now if we can just get you to stop posting fake bets we’ll be all set.

Dahoss 02-17-2020 08:36 AM

I’m kind of interested in seeing what Wells Bayou does in here. Hasn’t raced on anything but wet tracks but I thought his win last time was strong and the runner up in that race came back and beat an okay allowance field on Saturday.

cakes44 02-17-2020 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1135113)
I’m kind of interested in seeing what Wells Bayou does in here. Hasn’t raced on anything but wet tracks but I thought his win last time was strong and the runner up in that race came back and beat an okay allowance field on Saturday.

With you there and I'm actually putting a line through Gold Street's last and handicapping from there. I know once the Assman gets them good, they are usually good for awhile, but that horse had everything his own way last time. I hope the horse gets bet down to like 3-1 with that last out BSF.

knickslions2 02-17-2020 09:53 AM

Silver Prospector looks tough here

MinnSkinny 02-17-2020 10:30 AM

OP today

Today may be the first real fast track we've seen for this meet. Overcast and 59° right now.

moses 02-17-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1135113)

Yep, like him too. I’m not in love with any of the top horses. This should be a competitive race.