Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   International Racing (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Zealand Racing, 2015-16 (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57952)

_ed_ 01-24-2016 02:52 PM

Great racing at Ellerslie yesterday, although I didn't predict those results.

my miss storm cat 01-24-2016 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1054579)
Great racing at Ellerslie yesterday, although I didn't predict those results.

Did NOT play at all last night and boy am I glad cause I would have had everything wrong (reverse redboarding is acceptable, right? :D).

Now how on earth did Xiong Feng look like he was having a grand old time while the rest of them looked all out?

Was considering going with The Soultaker who I continue to like but then figured nah... it's all about Manolo Blahniq and What Choux Want.

Godspeed, Dillinger (at Motukarara wherever that is)... time for that 6th win, good boy! :{>: (Should I know the name Gosen Jogoo cause I don't!).

Speaking of names thanks for the info on Xiong Feng!

_ed_ 01-24-2016 03:56 PM

Wasn't Xiong Feng amazing? He's undefeated, but I never gave him a thought. I was very, very wrong.

The 3yo Mile was unexpected too, and it has just made me even more confused about the Derby. I might have to give up on Scrutinize after that. Maybe Tavago? That was a good effort.

my miss storm cat 01-24-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1054589)
Wasn't Xiong Feng amazing? He's undefeated, but I never gave him a thought. I was very, very wrong.

The 3yo Mile was unexpected too, and it has just made me even more confused about the Derby. I might have to give up on Scrutinize after that. Maybe Tavago? That was a good effort.

Yeah that sure was!

Xiong Feng was an easy toss for me. Ugh. He was wonderful!

_ed_ 01-25-2016 05:18 PM

The Karaka sale has been great so far, and I can't wait for the Frankel colt later today.

my miss storm cat 01-26-2016 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1054690)
The Karaka sale has been great so far, and I can't wait for the Frankel colt later today.

Meanwhile, I just can't wait to watch this...:D

He sure had a nice last couple of races, didn't he?!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/...for-white-robe

my miss storm cat 01-26-2016 07:19 PM

In Style... loved it! :)

_ed_ 01-29-2016 11:29 PM

Amazing win for In Style. She deserved that so much, and so did her trainer. Thrilled for them.

my miss storm cat 01-30-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1054906)
Amazing win for In Style. She deserved that so much, and so did her trainer. Thrilled for them.

YAY!!!!!! That was amazing!!!!!

Hooray for Mary Quant and Duchess Kate too.

Oh and Antonio Lombardo was frigging scintillating! That was some run!!! :) :tro:

my miss storm cat 02-02-2016 12:25 PM

Aaagh how much longer till they post the Turn Me Loose /VSB barrier trial??!!

Thrilled seeing the Mongolian Khan headline!

my miss storm cat 02-03-2016 10:01 AM

Are you going today?

If you do please blow a kiss to TJL when he wins. :)

_ed_ 02-03-2016 01:58 PM

Not sure if I'll make it there today. Wednesday and Thursday are really busy days where we finish off and publish our weekly newspaper. I'll see what time we finish. :)

my miss storm cat 02-04-2016 08:31 AM

What I was gonna say was blow a kiss to Our Pink Diamond who will not hit the board and to TJL who will win.

Aaah well... :D

That was an awfully nice run from Bhiwani!

_ed_ 02-04-2016 08:00 PM

It was!

And, wow, what a win by Provocative. Likely to take on the boys in the Derby. :)

my miss storm cat 02-05-2016 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1055357)
It was!

And, wow, what a win by Provocative. Likely to take on the boys in the Derby. :)

Wow she was impressive!

So many nice fields this weekend, impossible to talk about all of them but for now do you think Tavago wins?

Can't wait, think he will be monstrous but then I am also secretly :D hoping for a nice showing by Ali Baba (not holding my breath, just sayin...). :)

_ed_ 02-05-2016 04:42 PM

Honestly, I don't know!

Tavago has been the most impressive so far, but I'm not 100% convinced yet. At this time last year, both Mongolian Khan and VSB had delivered jaw-dropping performances and we knew they were both the real deal. I haven't had that yet with this group, but hopefully today will be the day.

Tavago is probably the most likely to do it, but maybe a late-developer will come from nowhere and suddenly rise to the top - someone like Humidor?

EDIT: Not Humidor - scratched because of a slight injury.

my miss storm cat 02-06-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1055427)
Honestly, I don't know!

Tavago has been the most impressive so far, but I'm not 100% convinced yet. At this time last year, both Mongolian Khan and VSB had delivered jaw-dropping performances and we knew they were both the real deal. I haven't had that yet with this group, but hopefully today will be the day.

Tavago is probably the most likely to do it, but maybe a late-developer will come from nowhere and suddenly rise to the top - someone like Humidor?

EDIT: Not Humidor - scratched because of a slight injury.

I am pretty sure that when last I checked (before you edited your post) you had mentioned both Rangipo and Raghu so well done, hope you had it... have not yet watched ANY replays but am especially looking forward to this one AND to The Diamond One winning for the 3rd year (outstanding and yay Tommy Tucker and Illuminati)!!!

Oh and GOOD LUCK TO HABIBI at Gulfstream!!!!!

_ed_ 02-06-2016 08:57 PM

Weird Guineas. Both Rangipo and Raghu are terrific horses, but they don't feel like Derby winners to me. I don't know if they want to run that far. I'm even more confused now than I was before!

Great races down at Wingatui - The Diamond One was sensational, as were Kaharau, Miss Seton Sands and Son of Maher.

my miss storm cat 02-07-2016 09:48 AM

Ed is the Herbie Dyke Stakes this coming weekend? Just wondering cause of the swansong of Ms. Soriano which will be bittersweet.

Watched ALL the replays and agree one hundred percent.

The Diamond One was my favorite one. :)

_ed_ 02-07-2016 02:41 PM

Yep! Herbie Dyke Stakes (Soriano plus Kawi, Stolen Dance and Vavasour), NRM Sprint (Sacred Star, In Style, Allez Eagle, Ryan Mark, Xtravagant) and Sir Tristram Fillies' Classic (Capella). It should be a great day.