Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Bar & Grill (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Vikings Love in Vegas (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31282)

Scav 08-18-2009 05:46 PM

Vikings Love in Vegas

Odds cut in half on everything at the Mirage according to ESPN. He isn't even in the top two QB's within the NFC North (Cutler and Rodgers).....

The Indomitable DrugS 08-18-2009 06:29 PM

Pats are a cinch.

They steamrolled everyone in the final four games of the season last year - and finished the season with the third-highest offensive yardage total in team history (365.4 yards per game)

That was with a future arena leauge bum in Duante Cassell playing QB every quarter of the whole season.

The highly comptent Tom Brady returns ... and good vets like Fred Taylor and Joey Galloway are added. The defense is probably going to be much improved.

Scav 08-18-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
Pats are a cinch.

They steamrolled everyone in the final four games of the season last year - and finished the season with the third-highest offensive yardage total in team history (365.4 yards per game)

That was with a future arena leauge bum in Duante Cassell playing QB every quarter of the whole season.

The highly comptent Tom Brady returns ... and good vets like Fred Taylor and Joey Galloway are added. The defense is probably going to be much improved.

Stop it.....

-BT- 08-18-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scav
Odds cut in half on everything at the Mirage according to ESPN. He isn't even in the top two QB's within the NFC North (Cutler and Rodgers).....

b/c favre is gonna get on fire with.............................................. .................................................. ........................................bueller... ...................................bueller........ .................................................. ........ bernard berian, cindy rice and vicante shiancoe?

vegas must be loving life taking sucker money like this hand over fist

-bt-

RockHardTen1985 08-18-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scav

The Vikings are really good, but to win the conference I would put at least 4 teams ahead of them and would think Philly is really legit this year.

RockHardTen1985 08-18-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Pats are a cinch.

I totally agree, THEY SHOULD CRUISE THIS YEAR. I can see a Pats-Eagles super bowl remach.

Scav 08-18-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT-
b/c favre is gonna get on fire with.............................................. .................................................. ........................................bueller... ...................................bueller........ .................................................. ........ bernard berian, cindy rice and vicante shiancoe?

vegas must be loving life taking sucker money like this hand over fist

-bt-

Berrian will benefit as long as he throws rainbows to him, he can't catch a dart to save his life.....

The Indomitable DrugS 08-18-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985
I totally agree, THEY SHOULD CRUISE THIS YEAR. I can see a Pats-Eagles super bowl remach.

Oh God ....

I won't sleep well tonight worrying about Randy or Brady blowing out a knee.

ddthetide 08-18-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Pats are a cinch.

the afc still goes through Pittsburgh.:tro:

philcski 08-18-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Pats are a cinch.

Highly competent, elle oh elle... the Pats really are a cinch, and I'm a Bills fan.

MaTH716 08-18-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

declansharbor 08-18-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaTH716

What this pic fails to display is that the black cats are standing under an open ladder.

With that said, he may be spot on with his pre-season assessment. For NE, Galloway is a SUPER sleeper in fantasy football this year. Right underneath my sleepiest of sleepers, on the Bengals.

MaTH716 08-18-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by declansharbor
What this pic fails to display is that the black cats are standing under an open ladder.

With that said, he may be spot on with his pre-season assessment. For NE, Galloway is a SUPER sleeper in fantasy football this year. Right underneath my sleepiest of sleepers, on the Bengals.

And what is your position on him having the Eagles representing the NFC in the Super Bowl? :rolleyes: :eek: :D

declansharbor 08-18-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaTH716
And what is your position on him having the Eagles representing the NFC in the Super Bowl? :rolleyes: :eek: :D

I plead the fif. : )

6 of the last 8 sounds about right. Now that we can get over the hump with the addition of Vick, of course.

:rolleyes:

Cannon Shell 08-19-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

The Vikings are really good, but to win the conference I would put at least 4 teams ahead of them and would think Philly is really legit this year.

Bad news Iggles fans!

Cannon Shell 08-19-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Ditto Pats backers. Your done.

dalakhani 08-19-2009 11:16 AM

I think some have been a little quick to dismiss the vikings this year and that is a huge mistake. Say what you want about Brett Favre but he can still make big league throws and he has receivers with a lot of speed. Combine this with arguably the best running back in the league and you have a very high powered offense. The defense is going to get better simply by not having to be on the field as long.

Im not saying they are going to win the whole thing but they will contend...barring injury of course.

Antitrust32 08-19-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalakhani
I think some have been a little quick to dismiss the vikings this year and that is a huge mistake. Say what you want about Brett Favre but he can still make big league throws and he has receivers with a lot of speed. Combine this with arguably the best running back in the league and you have a very high powered offense. The defense is going to get better simply by not having to be on the field as long.

Im not saying they are going to win the whole thing but they will contend...barring injury of course.

Defense may be on the field longer when Favre throws 28 picks the year..

Again, like Vick, Farve makes me :{>: :{>: McNabb..

Danzig 08-19-2009 06:15 PM

at the very least, favre is definitely an improvement over jackson and rosenfels....

and then there's this:

The Vikings have sold more than 3,000 season tickets since news broke that Brett Favre was coming to Minnesota. That's in approximately a 24-hour span.

FOX Fantasy Football

Play FOX Fantasy Football for Free!Free Features Include:

Live Draft Application

Expert Analysis
Real-Time Scoring
Research Tools

Free Draft Guide Chief marketing officer Steve LaCroix says the team has sold about 10,000 single-game tickets during that time as fans clamor over the arrival of the veteran quarterback.

Seats for the game against Green Bay on Oct. 5 are only available through a season ticket. There are roughly 7,000 season tickets remaining. The Vikings had to race to beat the blackout deadline for several games last season.

Merchandise is also moving. LaCroix said several hundred pre-orders for Favre jerseys were placed online Tuesday. The purple No. 4s were to show up in stores on Wednesday

SniperSB23 08-19-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalakhani

Worst post of 2009