Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Breeders' Cup Archive (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   can they fix the track tonite (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52285)

hoovesupsideyourhead 11-01-2013 09:56 PM

can they fix the track tonite

handle will be down if they dont..imo

RockHardTen1985 11-01-2013 10:05 PM

Fixing it could actually make it worst. I have a wedding tomorrow and will be placing all of my bets at 11am. I already adjusted. Took out horses like Summer Applause and New Years Day and added speed horses like Diamond Bachlor and Starship Truffles.

Benny 11-01-2013 10:56 PM

Track has been playing this way for a while,don't expect it to change now,until i see them harrowing clockwise which i've thought slows it down ?But we will not see it.
Remember Trinniberg last year who usually would get caught late but motored on ?

ateamstupid 11-01-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny (Post 952084)
Track has been playing this way for a while,don't expect it to change now,until i see them harrowing clockwise which i've thought slows it down ?But we will not see it.
Remember Trinniberg last year who usually would get caught late but motored on ?

Trinniberg won that race on the square. Speed was good last year, but not like today.

Thunder Gulch 11-02-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arizonadave (Post 952085)
and thats what good handicappers do,they adjust. This is part of playing this game. You find a bias and ride it.

I don't like the bias more than anyone, but this is exactly what I told a friend of mine last night when he was flipping out. The distaff was actually bettable if you just tossed Princess, and I believe there will be several opportunities to use what we learned yesterday to adjust when the vast majority of folks will just look at the Beyer and go to the windows. Euros on grass, speed on dirt until you see evidence of something else. Easy game ;)

santana 11-02-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arizonadave (Post 952085)
and thats what good handicappers do,they adjust. This is part of playing this game. You find a bias and ride it.

Finally somebody who makes sense....:tro:

Calzone Lord 11-02-2013 09:33 AM

Doing the speed figures for SA yesterday, I felt it justified to split the variant after race 4 on the dirt. I felt evidence was strong enough to suggest that the dirt track slowed down a few lengths after race 4.

I'm not too big on variant splits either. IMO, had the Distaff or Dirt Mile been run as one of the first four races, the times (fractions and final) would have even been faster.

outofthebox 11-02-2013 10:02 AM

Call me crazy but i didn't see any blatant bias. Yesterdays track couldn't compare to Belmonts extreme bias it displayed during that stretch during BC preview weekend.

jms62 11-02-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofthebox (Post 952165)
Call me crazy but i didn't see any blatant bias. Yesterdays track couldn't compare to Belmonts extreme bias it displayed during that stretch during BC preview weekend.

:zz:

Calzone Lord 11-02-2013 10:19 AM

I suppose the latest tinfoil conspiracy is that Frank Stronach owns Fort Larned future stud rights and he owns the sire of Game On Dude... not to mention quite a number of Awesome Again mares.

So, naturally, Frank would want his track playing in a way to produce a record time win by Fort Larned or Game On Dude.

miraja2 11-02-2013 10:44 AM

On this surface perhaps Pletcher should put the blinkers back on Palace Malice and let him run his derby race again.

booner 11-02-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calzone Lord (Post 952169)
I suppose the latest tinfoil conspiracy is that Frank Stronach owns Fort Larned future stud rights and he owns the sire of Game On Dude... not to mention quite a number of Awesome Again mares.

So, naturally, Frank would want his track playing in a way to produce a record time win by Fort Larned or Game On Dude.

Screw Area 51. Horseplayers come up with the best conspiracy theories.....:D

hoovesupsideyourhead 11-02-2013 11:37 AM

so most of you on here are saying that the track was fair..:rolleyes: ive got no problem with it bieng that way as i ajusted my plays after looking at thursdays .. but it was far from a fair track.not to mention trainers do tend to load up horses for the big day..its just a fact

Thunder Gulch 11-02-2013 11:43 AM

When you have a $77 and $96 dollar winner go back to back on the front through silly fractions, you really have to have your head in the sand to think it's fair.

Frost King 11-02-2013 11:43 AM

And when Frankel finally won the Breeder's Cup Classic, it was with a Stronach horse, at a Stronach controlled racetrack.

outofthebox 11-02-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder Gulch (Post 952191)
When you have a $77 and $96 dollar winner go back to back on the front through silly fractions, you really have to have your head in the sand to think it's fair.

7 dirt races. 2 wire jobs..1 winner laying second. 2 winners laying 3-4th 2 lengths off the lead. 2 closers..Seems it's reasonable the track was at least somewhat fair.

3kings 11-02-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofthebox (Post 952217)
7 dirt races. 2 wire jobs..1 winner laying second. 2 winners laying 3-4th 2 lengths off the lead. 2 closers..Seems it's reasonable the track was at least somewhat fair.

The first few dirt races the track was definitely unfair and extremely speed biased. As the day went on it may have become slightly more fair but still not were it needed to be.

hoovesupsideyourhead 11-02-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3kings (Post 952231)
The first few dirt races the track was definitely unfair and extremely speed biased. As the day went on it may have become slightly more fair but still not were it needed to be.

HAPPY B DAY 3 KINGS..WELCOME TO OLD FARTS CLUB..

helicopter11 11-02-2013 05:05 PM

Bright sunny skies and Martin Garcia and his horse looks like they just won on a muddy track. Overwatering perhaps to correct the speed bias?

dalakhani 11-03-2013 09:16 AM

For all it's worth, I think they did a great job with the track on Saturday.