Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Charles Hatton Reading Room (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Unthinkable, impossible tragedy. Steve Dellinger gone (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57607)

GBBob 06-25-2015 12:21 PM

Here is link to Guest Book at Funeral Home. Steve's family would certainly appreciate hearing from his DT Family.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/bate...5143851&page=2

casp0555 06-25-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 1032786)
Here is link to Guest Book at Funeral Home. Steve's family would certainly appreciate hearing from his DT Family.

Thanks Bob......

Needing the Wire 06-25-2015 06:54 PM

Condolences to all Family and Friends. Rest in Peace, Steve.

my miss storm cat 06-25-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 1032786)

Thank you for posting it for all of us.

Kasept 06-26-2015 07:27 AM

Rileyoriley 06-26-2015 08:16 AM

Didn't know him personally but will miss his posts in the political threads. Hope he's in a better, non-political place. :)

GBBob 06-26-2015 09:25 AM

I printed all the pages of wonderful tributes and will place in his casket this morning so he can have your thoughts always.

geeker2 06-26-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rileyoriley (Post 1032880)
Didn't know him personally but will miss his posts in the political threads. Hope he's in a better, non-political place. :)

In honor of Dell the political forum should be closed until further notice :p:{>:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 1032890)
I printed all the pages of wonderful tributes and will place in his casket this morning so he can have your thoughts always.

Nice...very nice !

jms62 06-26-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeker2 (Post 1032903)
In honor of Dell the political forum should be closed until further notice :p:{>:

Nice...very nice !

Or at least have a sticky to retire Dells number ;)

Kasept 06-26-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeker2 (Post 1032903)
In honor of Dell the political forum should be closed until further notice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1032904)
Or at least have a sticky to retire Dells number ;)

Bob suggested adding Dell's name to the Society Room which was a great idea..

timmgirvan 06-27-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 1032906)
Bob suggested adding Dell's name to the Society Room which was a great idea..

I'm literally weeping as I read this entire thread. This mans' life rippled through so many walks of life at Derby Trail. He will be sorely missed! It appears that we were the winners that Dells life touched so magnificently.

Thank you all for sharing your hearts about Steve!

bigrun 06-28-2015 03:27 PM

Only knew dell from his posts in the politics forum and enjoyed his point counterpoint retorts to any issue..always had an answer to any of his 'foes':$:

52 way too young..Rest In Peace young fellow..you are missed..

Kasept 07-05-2015 09:52 AM

From Greg Dellinger, his eulogy at Steve's service..

Good afternoon. My name is Greg Dellinger. On behalf of my mother, LaVerne, and my brother Dan, we would like to thank you for being here. We are so very appreciative of your support, as there is no doubt, we all loved my brother Steve.

Steve lived life. In fact, I would say he lived life bigger, bolder, brighter, almost double the voltage, than anybody else I know. He celebrated at every opportunity, many times just for the joy of it. And always sharing the happiness. I think that is why horse racing was his passion and calling. The elegance, excitement, intrigue, romance, and incomparable drama. He rarely missed a moment, and was always part of the action.

I sometimes would wonder where this came from, as growing up, we were not around horses. I mean once my mom let Steve and I ride a horse around a ring through the park district, yet that was it. We did think about getting a couple of horses and riding them from our house, past the library and the A&P, down Glenview Road and past Flower City, grabbing a beer at the Glenview Inn, and then right out of Dodge.

Steve had this amazing knack for handicapping. Creative, and super fast with figures, he would come up with the amazing scenarios. More often than not, they would come in.

Citation, Whirlaway, John Henry, Secretariat, American Pharoh, and now the new colt Irish Pharoh, Steve knew these horses to be the very sharpest cuts of all. He understood them, their trainers, owners, and their jockeys. He could do this because he cared.

Steve always, I mean always, called it the way it was. Loving and kind with an amazing spirit, personality and optimism. He would text me, and encourage me to stay strong, as tomorrow will always be a better day. Those my friends are his exact words.

As we grieve today, I would like share with you what Steve told me just a few months back that there is always a tomorrow that can’t be as bad as today or yesterday. He told me he would always be here for me, for us. And you know what, he is. In our memories, thoughts, and prayers. I can feel it, his laugh, smile, and spirit.

Steve won the race of life. He did it his way. No photo finish, and not down to the wire. By the eighth pole he had it nailed, by the sixteenth, he was so far ahead. He finished and won it all. He is home. The glory of heaven. And if you are wondering, as we all are how to carry on, we have Steve to help us, as he told me just a week ago: Life goes on for all, and stay strong!!!!!

God Speed, and Rest In Peace Steve Dellinger, we love you.

casp0555 07-05-2015 11:29 AM

Thanks for posting this Steve

GBBob 07-25-2015 10:15 PM

Big update tomorrow and a bump as well.......Steve Dellinger day 9/19 at AP

GBBob 06-22-2016 08:14 AM

One year horrible Anniversary of Steve's passing....he is always missed.

hoovesupsideyourhead 06-22-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 1067566)
One year horrible Anniversary of Steve's passing....he is always missed.

miss him alot as do most on here..

casp0555 06-21-2020 11:23 AM

Rest In Peace Steve

Tomorrow will mark 5 years since Steve left this world. Just remembering some of the "discussions" and opinions that Dell shared with us all.

Rest in Peace Dell...