Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Charles Hatton Reading Room (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Welcome to DerbyTrail.com's Forum (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4)

Kasept 05-26-2006 03:55 PM

Welcome to DerbyTrail.com's Forum

I'd like to welcome everyone, and anyone, who joins us here at Derby Trail...

I've been trying to get the site onto a free-standiong URL for more than a year and offering a moderated Forum was a big part of the plan. I hope it will be a great addition to the Net's Thoroughbred landscape, and your participation will be key to any success it enjoys.

I began Derby Trail on 2/15/03 at Yahoo on a whim, and I never expected it to lead to what it has for me personally. Thanks for your interest, support and encouragement... Enjoy the "new" site and "your" gathering place for horse talk and likely anything else...

With my sincerest appreciation,
Steve Byk

31lengths 05-26-2006 07:22 PM

Thanks, Steve...where can I get a hat like the one on the site's banner?

ArlJim78 05-26-2006 09:07 PM

Well done Steve, it looks great! Looking forward to watching this thing take off.

zippyneedsawin 05-26-2006 09:15 PM

thanks Steve, it looks great!

Downthestretch55 05-27-2006 11:05 AM

Thanks Steve! Nice work!
DTS (Wayne)

arfalco 05-27-2006 04:19 PM

Well worth the wait. Don't have a lot of time to play or post, but enjoy keeping an eye on this crew......great job.

disappearingdan_akaplaya 05-27-2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31lengths
Thanks, Steve...where can I get a hat like the one on the site's banner?

i believe if you email steve(tpkasept@yahoo.com) you can get one for bout 20 bucks.......might have to pick 1 up myself in support of steve and what hes done

SCUDSBROTHER 05-28-2006 12:28 AM

Well,for my 1st post on here,I would like to simply state my objection to having the term "Junior Member" under my name.

randallscott35 05-28-2006 05:42 PM

Steve, can we get the avatars to work. Would be a nice touch.

Kasept 05-29-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randallscott35
Steve, can we get the avatars to work. Would be a nice touch.

Rand..

Definitely will pull the avatar thingee together.. Still MUCH to get familiar with on the management side of this system, as well as the main section(s) of the site...

But overall, off to a good start, and I thank everybody for the support and kind words...

Kasept 05-29-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Well,for my 1st post on here,I would like to simply state my objection to having the term "Junior Member" under my name.

Scuds Junior,

I'm go to try and change those monikers... It's based on posts of course, and I'm thinking of going to "weanling", "yearling", "juvenile", "sophomore", etc.. Another option is to let you all give yourself your own little 'name tag'...

Scav 05-29-2006 08:14 PM

I was going to PM you about that. Those are a great idea. For industry people, you can have a special name for them. IE, Vic Stauffer on the Track Champion site is 'Master Mumbles'

charles0910 05-29-2006 09:34 PM

Thanks steve for letting me sign up. I have always read the other site but tired of all the stuff going on over there. Thanks again charles

Lbigdog77 05-29-2006 11:06 PM

Steve - re: posters and assigning a "title" or similar ... some candid feedback ...

No one wants to be called "junior", including my son!

Assigning a tag description based on number of posts encourages "quantity" over "quality".

My suggestion would be to assign all members that join the board during the first year the description of "Charter Member".

Monikers thereafter should be based on number of years someone has posted on the board. For example, after two years of posting, a member can become an Allowance Member (or a Charter Allowance Member if he/she joined in year one of the board). After 3 years, Grade III Member (or Charter/ Grade III Member), after 4 years, Grade II Member, etc etc.

Avoid negative monikers (ie "junior" and, certainly, "claimer"!!).

Just my candid thoughts! Junior Member L Robbins :)

Dixie Porter 05-30-2006 01:08 AM

Hi Guys,

Got bounced from horeracingtalk.net. Thought I'd say Hello over here.

Oracle has a good handle on the game. Read his stuff from time to time.

Dixie

jp96stang 05-30-2006 07:28 AM

Hello all. I made it over.

This is a test.

JP

oracle80 05-30-2006 07:30 AM

Hey jason!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp96stang
Hello all. I made it over.

This is a test.

JP

Hows my chief engineer in charge of all heating decisions?

jp96stang 05-30-2006 07:34 AM

Good Mike, how are you?

I took last week off for vacation and i'm trying to get back in the swing of things. This looks like a nice board. It looks like we can actually attach pictures and such. Nice.

oracle80 05-30-2006 07:52 AM

Yep

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp96stang
Good Mike, how are you?

I took last week off for vacation and i'm trying to get back in the swing of things. This looks like a nice board. It looks like we can actually attach pictures and such. Nice.

Its a great board, and no trolls allowed.

Suffolk Shippers 05-30-2006 08:02 AM

Steve, just a great job, congratulations on getting this off the ground!