Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports Bar & Grill (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NFL Playoffs (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61583)

jms62 01-07-2017 05:32 AM

NFL Playoffs

Raiders
Steelers
Giants
Seahawks

herkhorse 01-07-2017 06:47 AM

Raiders
Steelers
Packers
Lions

casp0555 01-07-2017 08:14 AM

Texans :o
Steelers
Packers
Lions

Hickory Hill Hoff 01-07-2017 08:46 AM

Raiders
Seahags
STEELERS :{>:
Packers

Pants II 01-07-2017 11:02 AM

All road teams. Haven't watched a game this season but feel pretty strongly at least 3 of them move on.

knickslions2 01-08-2017 08:18 PM

Home cooking. See more the same next week

Pants II 01-09-2017 08:37 AM

If they don't get rid of Ginger Caligula then the league will become irrelevant.

The season is too long, the games are too long, there are too many commercials, there are too many ticky-tack penalties, the quarterback is not a King (rules), Pink shouldn't be worn (virtue signalling), etc.

And I could be wrong but it seems like injuries are increasing in spite of all the ridiculous rules put in place to "protect" the players.

Outside of the Giants - Packers game the other 3 were incredibly boring mostly due to injuries because they're playing too many regular season games and the time spent on field has increased due to the greed of the elite.

I used to be a fan. It was tough to watch and I was changing the channel on all of the games.

declansharbor 01-09-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants II (Post 1083899)
If they don't get rid of Ginger Caligula then the league will become irrelevant.

The season is too long, the games are too long, there are too many commercials, there are too many ticky-tack penalties, the quarterback is not a King (rules), Pink shouldn't be worn (virtue signalling), etc.

And I could be wrong but it seems like injuries are increasing in spite of all the ridiculous rules put in place to "protect" the players.

Outside of the Giants - Packers game the other 3 were incredibly boring mostly due to injuries because they're playing too many regular season games and the time spent on field has increased due to the greed of the elite.

I used to be a fan. It was tough to watch and I was changing the channel on all of the games.

While i agree that this weekend's slate of games left a lot to be desired, I think we are in for some DAMN good football in the coming weeks. All of the mediocre teams were sniffed out, all except maybe the Texans, but hey, someone had to win that game!

I'll tell ya what though, after the games yesterday, the Cowboys are $hitting themselves and the AFC was put on high alert with the Steelers continuing their run.

Chiefs / Packers in the Bowl.

Alabama Stakes 01-09-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by declansharbor (Post 1083904)
While i agree that this weekend's slate of games left a lot to be desired, I think we are in for some DAMN good football in the coming weeks. All of the mediocre teams were sniffed out, all except maybe the Texans, but hey, someone had to win that game!

I'll tell ya what though, after the games yesterday, the Cowboys are $hitting themselves and the AFC was put on high alert with the Steelers continuing their run.

So Alex smith is gonna beat Big Ben and the GOAT in back to back games ?
He is gonna stop bens 3 rd ring or Toms 5 th ? Really ?

The packers are win back to back road games against that level of competition ?
Really ?

I guess truth is stranger than fiction would apply

You are dreaming

Pants II 01-09-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

I just don't see it. If Seattle, New England, Steelers and Cowboys make the final 4 then it just shows that forced parity failed and failed miserably.

It makes for wasted seasons and makes me question just how good the competition can be.

Let's be real the NFL is flooded with mediocre quarterbacks who make way too much money. Like that idiot in Detroit who will never be a real man or have the face of a person with an IQ above 50.

People are getting sick of the league. No way should a neanderthal like the quarterback in Detroit be able to make over $100,000,000 in a sports career for sucking ass as hard as he does.

knickslions2 01-09-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants II (Post 1083909)
I just don't see it. If Seattle, New England, Steelers and Cowboys make the final 4 then it just shows that forced parity failed and failed miserably.

It makes for wasted seasons and makes me question just how good the competition can be.

Let's be real the NFL is flooded with mediocre quarterbacks who make way too much money. Like that idiot in Detroit who will never be a real man or have the face of a person with an IQ above 50.

People are getting sick of the league. No way should a neanderthal like the quarterback in Detroit be able to make over $100,000,000 in a sports career for sucking ass as hard as he does.

I think Seattle are toast this weekend

Pants II 01-09-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickslions2 (Post 1083913)
I think Seattle are toast this weekend

I'd like that for Julio but have zero faith in that headcase quarterback.

Alabama Stakes 01-09-2017 07:17 PM

NCAA championship

OJ Howard over 3 1/2 receptions
OJ Howard over 40 1/2 yards
OJ Howard to score first TD + 900
Clemson win first half/ bama win game +400

declansharbor 01-09-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes (Post 1083905)
So Alex smith is gonna beat Big Ben and the GOAT in back to back games ?
He is gonna stop bens 3 rd ring or Toms 5 th ? Really ?

The packers are win back to back road games against that level of competition ?
Really ?

I guess truth is stranger than fiction would apply

You are dreaming

I know you swing from Brady's nut hairs like you're Tarzan and his pubes are the vines from which you swing, but I hope you get it through your head early. The Pats aren't winning it this year, so loosen up the cornrows and begin to accept this as truth, just as we accept your off the wall stories of the past as being a lot cooler than you are most of the time.

Alabama Stakes 01-09-2017 09:11 PM

We will find out soon enough. Hope someone faded me tonight, as Clemson seems to have learned their lesson about Howard last year.
Fwiw Clemson wins this game....

Pants II 01-09-2017 11:14 PM

Win or lose this is the best championship game of the century.

Pants II 01-09-2017 11:23 PM

This will keep Saban around a few more years. Has to make up for the Lane mistake. He knew what the guy was doing year one on campus.

RHT2004 01-09-2017 11:27 PM

Kansas City, Seattle, GB, New England.
That's the final 4.

RHT2004 01-09-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Pitt is phony IMO. They go down this weekend.

Pants II 01-09-2017 11:30 PM

It really depends on KC's offense. Their defense will be ready but they're going to need a little help.