Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Breeders' Cup Archive (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Breeders Cup weekend locks and horses to bet against!!!!!!! (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55569)

RockHardTen1985 10-28-2014 07:13 PM

Breeders Cup weekend locks and horses to bet against!!!!!!!

The bet against horses will only be horses who should be relatively short prices at post time.
Ring Weekend feels like a lock in race 4 on Friday. He is versatile and that field is just not very good. He has turned into a turf stud over his last 3 races. He should be very tough.
Race 6 on Friday. I want no part of Hootenanny. If he wires this field congratulations to the horse and the connections. There is a potential American turf superstar in here w/ Imperia. Between him and the 4 Euro’s someone is supposed to beat Hootenanny. Of the Euro’s I prefer the 4 and 9, but Ill cover the 1 and 7.
Race 8 on Friday. I want no part of Sunset Glow and Lady Eli. Again Ill roll w/ the 4 Euro’s. I prefer the 2 and 14, but Ill cover the 6 and 13.

RockHardTen1985 10-28-2014 07:14 PM

Saturday thoughts coming once the Giants take control of Game 6.

dellinger63 10-28-2014 07:26 PM

Shared Belief not believing he's equal at dirt and poly and California Chrome with his idiot supporters are my two bet against horses and fortunately they're in the same race.

Not a single lock all w/e but if a gun were put to my head it would be Untapable of course.

RockHardTen1985 10-28-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellinger63 (Post 1003731)
Shared Belief not believing he's equal at dirt and poly and California Chrome with his idiot supporters are my two bet against horses and fortunately they're in the same race.

Not a single lock all w/e but if a gun were put to my head it would be Untapable of course.

I'm totally against the two horses you mentioned also. I'm undecided on the Distaff. Actually looking at the race right now.

asudevil 10-28-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 (Post 1003728)
The bet against horses will only be horses who should be relatively short prices at post time.
Ring Weekend feels like a lock in race 4 on Friday. He is versatile and that field is just not very good. He has turned into a turf stud over his last 3 races. He should be very tough.
Race 6 on Friday. I want no part of Hootenanny. If he wires this field congratulations to the horse and the connections. There is a potential American turf superstar in here w/ Imperia. Between him and the 4 Euro’s someone is supposed to beat Hootenanny. Of the Euro’s I prefer the 4 and 9, but Ill cover the 1 and 7.
Race 8 on Friday. I want no part of Sunset Glow and Lady Eli. Again Ill roll w/ the 4 Euro’s. I prefer the 2 and 14, but Ill cover the 6 and 13.

Phuck!!!!!!!!! Why do you have to love one of my BCBC tourney plays?
5 Day forecast....Mush clouds moving toward Arcadia.

RockHardTen1985 10-28-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asudevil (Post 1003735)
Phuck!!!!!!!!! Why do you have to love one of my BCBC tourney plays?
5 Day forecast....Mush clouds moving toward Arcadia.

Who do I love? I dont love Ring Weekend, he just seems much better then that field. He will also be like 8-5

letswastemoney 10-28-2014 08:09 PM

In the Turf Sprint, the experienced downhill horses tend to fare well.

I'm thinking Ambitious Brew or Home Run Kitten have an advantage, especially with Reneesgotzip, Bobby's Kitten and others all set to kill each other on the lead.

RockHardTen1985 10-28-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letswastemoney (Post 1003740)
In the Turf Sprint, the experienced downhill horses tend to fare well.

I'm thinking Ambitious Brew or Home Run Kitten have an advantage, especially with Reneesgotzip, Bobby's Kitten and others all set to kill each other on the lead.

I don't think Bobby's Kitten will be anywhere near the lead.

knickslions2 10-28-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 (Post 1003729)
Saturday thoughts coming once the Giants take control of Game 6.

We may be waiting a long time :D

RockHardTen1985 10-28-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickslions2 (Post 1003742)
We may be waiting a long time :D

This is sickening.

casp0555 10-28-2014 08:34 PM

Easy...its only the 3rd inning :rolleyes:

helicopter11 10-28-2014 08:58 PM

Any horse who hast run in a downhill sprint at Santa Anita is an auto toss

RockHardTen1985 10-28-2014 10:01 PM

Puca is 6-1ML. Its Mott and Joel. If she ever gets bet she is the biggest toss out of the entire weekend.

senator L 10-28-2014 10:25 PM

I think Chrome is a toss.
He has got breeding on his mind:D

Aly-Sheba 10-28-2014 10:54 PM

I will try beating Untapable because I didn't like her lugging, in her last race. I know she could win, but if you remember last year she ran horrible over the track. I know its new dirt, but I think she would be a good stand against.

RockHardTen1985 10-28-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aly-Sheba (Post 1003769)
I will try beating Untapable because I didn't like her lugging, in her last race. I know she could win, but if you remember last year she ran horrible over the track. I know its new dirt, but I think she would be a good stand against.

Im leaning towards 2,3,11 in that race. Untapable might be a pretty big favorite, because of Close Hatches debacle in her last.

letswastemoney 10-29-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aly-Sheba (Post 1003769)

The no lasix rule may have affected her last year.

Thunder Gulch 10-29-2014 08:57 PM

I'm thinking Goldencents is as solid as anyone on the card, same as last year.

I think you toss Chrome. Lots of respect for what he did this year, but even his impressive wins on this track weren't on par with his odds in this race.

Kitan 10-30-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder Gulch (Post 1003880)
I think you toss Chrome. Lots of respect for what he did this year, but even his impressive wins on this track weren't on par with his odds in this race.

Agreed, based on the ML anyways.

Hootenanny and Sunset Glow, the former especially, are the two biggest plays against for me. I'll never bet a BC Juvy Turf race again if either win. They might turn out to be the best horses in their respective races, but not on this day under these circumstances.

RockHardTen1985 10-30-2014 12:30 AM

[quote=Kitan;1003901]Agreed, based on the ML anyways.

Hootenanny and Sunset Glow, the former especially, are the two biggest plays against for me. I'll never bet a BC Juvy Turf race again if either win. They might turn out to be the best horses in their respective races, but not on this day under these circumstances.[/QUOT

I mentioned both of them in my initial post. I'm not sure either can even be competitive.