Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Get-Togethers (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Vegas HPWS 1/24-1/26 (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17977)

brianwspencer 11-06-2007 12:34 PM

Vegas HPWS 1/24-1/26

Anyone going to be in Vegas that weekend in January for HPWS?

I somehow managed to fall/luck/handicap my way into a free spot in the HPWS on Sunday, so I'll be there if anyone wants to hang out or grab a drink.

Scav 11-06-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brianwspencer
Anyone going to be in Vegas that weekend in January for HPWS?

I somehow managed to fall/luck/handicap my way into a free spot in the HPWS on Sunday, so I'll be there if anyone wants to hang out or grab a drink.

Unbelievable Brian, that is a great opportunity, how did that happen?

brianwspencer 11-06-2007 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scav
Unbelievable Brian, that is a great opportunity, how did that happen?

I won a tournament at Hawthorne on Sunday, and along with cash, a free entry into the HPWS was the prize for finishing 1st.

GBBob 11-06-2007 01:10 PM

Quote:

I won a tournament at Hawthorne on Sunday, and along with cash, a free entry into the HPWS was the prize for finishing 1st.

wow...congratulations Brian...maybe you do know what you're talking about!

brianwspencer 11-06-2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob
wow...congratulations Brian...maybe you do know what you're talking about!

Who knew, right?!

GPK 11-06-2007 01:20 PM

congrats B.

Scav 11-06-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Wow. that is awesome. What an unbelievable opportunity, good luck....

GBBob 11-06-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Who knew, right?!

So how much coin are you playing for? And yes, Good Luck of course

brianwspencer 11-06-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

So how much coin are you playing for? And yes, Good Luck of course

I believe it depends on how many people end up in the contest, because unlike the NTRA/DRF contest, you can buy your way into this one for something like $1,000 I think. It seems to attract around 700-800 people, and the top prize should I have the world's most incredibly lucky weekend, seems to usually be between $350-500K.

Now I just have to find someone to hang out with there!

Scav 11-06-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

I believe it depends on how many people end up in the contest, because unlike the NTRA/DRF contest, you can buy your way into this one for something like $1,000 I think. It seems to attract around 700-800 people, and the top prize should I have the world's most incredibly lucky weekend, seems to usually be between $350-500K.

Its Vegas, there are plenty of people to party with, you might not know them, but they will party. :)

GPK 11-06-2007 02:08 PM

dammit...how much did you win?

brianwspencer 11-06-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPK
dammit...how much did you win?

On Sunday, it was $20 to buy-in and I bought two entries. I won $500 cash, and $500 to travel with which was essentially just $500 cash. So $1000 for the contest I won.

Though I'm looking at airfare and hotels, and I'm going to stay an extra day for fun, so I'm basically going to end up spending about $800 just to get there and stay to play in the contest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scav
Its Vegas, there are plenty of people to party with, you might not know them, but they will party. :)

So true.

GPK 11-06-2007 02:20 PM

[quote=brianwspencer]On Sunday, it was $20 to buy-in and I bought two entries. I won $500 cash, and $500 to travel with which was essentially just $500 cash. So $1000 for the contest I won.

Though I'm looking at airfare and hotels, and I'm going to stay an extra day for fun, so I'm basically going to end up spending about $800 just to get there and stay to play in the contest.

www.southwestvacations.com

GBBob 11-06-2007 02:22 PM

Quote:

man....I'll pay for your trip out there for 10% of any potential winnings!

where is it at?

dr. fager 11-06-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GPK

so informative, you should of slapped up those hidden gems like travelocity and expedia:rolleyes:

dr. fager 11-06-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr. fager
so informative, you should of slapped up those hidden gems like travelocity and expedia:rolleyes:

oh and congrats Brian...pretty cool

brianwspencer 11-06-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

man....I'll pay for your trip out there for 10% of any potential winnings!

where is it at?

It's at Orleans. It looks like I'll be staying at Imperial Palace, because I intend on having at least a little bit of fun in the days I'm there, and that place is going for about $480 for five nights, along with a $220 airfare.

Quote:

Trust me, I've been scouring everything I can to try to make it cheaper. I don't make that much money, so spending almost all of my contest winnings on just getting out there is a big pain in my ass :D

Cajungator26 11-06-2007 02:30 PM

Congrats, BDub. :D

GPK 11-06-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

I aint even gonna give you one...

dr. fager 11-06-2007 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GPK
I aint even gonna give you one...

I like your new van by the way.....

Attachment 590