Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Equine Health, Retirement & Aftercare (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Biancone (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14775)

The Bid 07-04-2007 02:42 PM

Biancone

What a surprise

Kicked out of France, Hong Kong, and found with snake venom. Must not be his

Danzig 07-04-2007 03:11 PM

Cobra venom said to be in Biancone barn
By MARTY McGEE

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - One of the materials confiscated...
http://www.drf.com/news/article/86373.html

(Folks.. a note.. You CANNOT post complete articles from copywrited souces.. LINKS PLEASE...)

Left Bank 07-04-2007 03:21 PM

So,since it has no therapeutic value for a horse and is barred from being on the racing grounds.Mr.B should be looking at a LONG vacation.It will be interesting to see this outcome.

Danzig 07-04-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmeastar
So,since it has no therapeutic value for a horse and is barred from being on the racing grounds.Mr.B should be looking at a LONG vacation.It will be interesting to see this outcome.

troubling:

The next possible step would be a hearing before the racing authority, after which the case could go into the court system, meaning resolution could be months, if not years, away.

The Bid 07-04-2007 03:24 PM

How many chances do you give a guy like Biancone

Hes been kicked out of 2 countries

Left Bank 07-04-2007 03:35 PM

Well,this is where the tracks themselves should be stepping in.They banned all these jockeys this spring with no proof presented,yet Mr.B{and other trainers} is/are caught red handed with a banned substance and continue on.Double sided if you ask me.

ARyan 07-04-2007 04:34 PM

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and what kind of penalty he gets, and if criminal charges are pressed like in the Saratoga Harness case.

ARyan 07-04-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bid
How many chances do you give a guy like Biancone

Hes been kicked out of 2 countries

3 is too many, IMO.

The Bid 07-04-2007 04:36 PM

Theres no doubt about him having too many chances. Hes not getting a lasix overage, hes injecting snake venom, who knows what else he does. The guy needs to be in prison

Cannon Shell 07-04-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Theres no doubt about him having too many chances. Hes not getting a lasix overage, hes injecting snake venom, who knows what else he does. The guy needs to be in prison

Or deported

ELA 07-04-2007 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARyan
It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and what kind of penalty he gets, and if criminal charges are pressed like in the Saratoga Harness case.

I don't expect anywhere near the same result, although I could be wrong. The Saratoga harness case involved several people, a conspiracy or collusive effort to tamper with the outcome of a specific race, and was the result of an ongoing "sting" operation and investigation (where they had wire taps, telephone conversations, purchasing of the drugs, etc.).

Eric

ShadowRoll 07-04-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Or deported

To where? Who'll have him?

Cannon Shell 07-04-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowRoll
To where? Who'll have him?

Iraq?

ShadowRoll 07-04-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Iraq?

Bad idea. They'll probably have him develop horse-bombs.

10 pnt move up 07-04-2007 09:52 PM

this is not very fair, man has not even been convicted, you know innocent until proven guilty

ARyan 07-04-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up
this is not very fair, man has not even been convicted, you know innocent until proven guilty

Agreed, but what will his defense be?

Maybe...

"Do you know how successful I am? Don't you think its possible people are out to get me?"

I know we have heard that one before...

The Bid 07-04-2007 10:01 PM

Maybe they just keep the venom on hand incase someone gets bit by a cobra at Turfway. Then they can quickly come up with an antidote to counteract the bite of a Kentucky Cobra

Danzig 07-04-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARyan
Agreed, but what will his defense be?

Maybe...

"Do you know how successful I am? Don't you think its possible people are out to get me?"

I know we have heard that one before...

or

'would i be dumb enough to have a toxin labelled 'toxin' in my stable fridge?? how stupid do you think i am?'

philcski 07-04-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Maybe they just keep the venom on hand incase someone gets bit by a cobra at Turfway. Then they can quickly come up with an antidote to counteract the bite of a Kentucky Cobra

How about trainers who get positives have to endure a dose of whatever crap they're putting in these horses?

Eye for an eye.

ARyan 07-04-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

I have heard the Kentucky Cobra can be as deadly as the Adirondack Barking Spider...