Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   International Racing (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Zealand Racing, 2015-16 (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57952)

my miss storm cat 10-17-2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1045442)
Tomorrowland looked very good! Tried to lead all the way, but the race was dominated by closers. He kept going really nicely. But Ryan Mark was excellent.

He was! Very nice to see him win and hey... next time for Tomorrowland. :)

my miss storm cat 10-18-2015 11:15 AM

Good luck to Habibi today!

Oct. 18, 2015 08:52 AM E80CA38F7123 Online Gaming Woodbine 9 $20.00 WN 11 $20.00

I was just watching some of the trials now that the video is up... Arezzo, who I do not recall hearing about ever, looked really good! Went back to watch his one race...do you know anything about him? Was he injured?

Of course I had to watch Ryan Mark again.... what a nice win that was. Cannot be sad Tomorrowland didn't do it...

my miss storm cat 10-18-2015 05:17 PM

I think Habibi needs to go home... :confused:

_ed_ 10-19-2015 06:52 PM

That was really disappointing. No one seems to be able to explain it. :(

http://www.theinformant.co.nz/racing...ain-for-Habibi

She's SO much better than that.

I must admit I've watched the replay of Mongolian Khan's Caulfield Cup win quite a few times now.

casp0555 10-20-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my miss storm cat (Post 1045652)
I think Habibi needs to go home... :confused:

I was really disappointed with Interpol also :(

my miss storm cat 10-20-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casp0555 (Post 1045700)
I was really disappointed with Interpol also :(

Yeah, that was surprising.

No idea if you ever saw the replay of Habibi winning the NZ Derby... even her record leading up to it... just a brilliant winner and that field has produced so many G1 winners. Just heartsick watching her and thinking about what should have been. Expected a lot more from Interpol as well.

Aaah well. Nice to see you posting here, Casp.

Nice fields shaping up for Ellerslie on Saturday. Will you be going, ed?

Cardus if you are lurking the final is called the Davis Funerals 1600. If that doesn't get you to post some insult, nothing will. :p :{>: :eek:

Casp, you should play Friday night. NZ racing is addicting. Very exciting runners!

_ed_ 10-20-2015 01:58 PM

Yeah, I'll be at Ellerslie. It's looking like being a really nice field for the Soliloquy. Can Secret Spirit win her fifth stakes in a row? This will be her first one on a dry track, so it will be interesting to see how she handles it.

Let Her Rip, Mime and No More Tears were all very good last time they raced too.

It'll be a bit of a busy day for me. My boss will be at the Cox Plate, so I'll be covering the G1 day at Trentham and the two stakes races at Riccarton as well.

my miss storm cat 10-21-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1045704)
Yeah, I'll be at Ellerslie. It's looking like being a really nice field for the Soliloquy. Can Secret Spirit win her fifth stakes in a row? This will be her first one on a dry track, so it will be interesting to see how she handles it.

Let Her Rip, Mime and No More Tears were all very good last time they raced too.

It'll be a bit of a busy day for me. My boss will be at the Cox Plate, so I'll be covering the G1 day at Trentham and the two stakes races at Riccarton as well.

Wow you WILL be busy and whoa... outstanding field for the Windsor Park Plate!

(Love the name, Shesachoux, by the way. Oh wow Blood Brothah is 10? Sorry just having a time warp here... :D).

_ed_ 10-23-2015 07:52 PM

What a nice debut win by Sultan Of Swing. Donna says he could be a Derby horse, and she would know - trainer of Habibi (1st 2013 Derby), Rising Romance (2nd 2014) and Volkstok'n'barrell (2nd 2015).

_ed_ 10-23-2015 09:39 PM

I needed something to make me feel better after what happened to Chop Chop. Thank you, Dragon Dancer.

_ed_ 10-23-2015 09:42 PM

Oh, wow, Xtravagant. That was stunning. Reminded me of his brother He's Remarkable.

_ed_ 10-23-2015 10:12 PM

Not today for Secret Spirit, but a brave third. No More Tears too good today!

my miss storm cat 10-23-2015 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1045949)
I needed something to make me feel better after what happened to Chop Chop. Thank you, Dragon Dancer.

Oh no. :(

I am numb hearing this. Poor girl. THis is stupid but hers was always one of my favorite names...

Some days this sport just sucks.

Will watch Illuminati et al on replays tomorrow. Sad for you that you were there, ed.

my miss storm cat 10-24-2015 11:04 AM

Julinsky Prince! That was nuts! Loved your piece and loved the race, especially the "where are the big guns?!" line haha!

An eye catching run from Shuka indeed (wow) but oh that was just great to see! I am still stunned.

So sad about Chop Chop so it's good to watch a horse like him getting a fantastic win and will watch Dragon Dancer, No More Tears et al soon.

I played Turn Me Loose and, while I have not yet watched the replay, am very happy he showed what he's got.

_ed_ 10-27-2015 11:06 PM

Pinzaara and her little boy. :)

my miss storm cat 10-28-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1046294)
Pinzaara and her little boy. :)

Oh I am dying here! How beautiful is this? Thanks so much for posting. A grand beginning to the day seeing something so extraordinarily lovely.

Good luck to every single horse in r1 (it's a small field :D ) and to Saint Emilion on Saturday and oh I just looked at the other track and wow nice Gold Cup field!

Was thrilled to read your Nashville piece in the Informant just now. God I do love him so.

Congrats to Ms. Pinzaara and please continue to post pics if you are able. How is Archie these days? Hope he is healthy and happy!

my miss storm cat 10-31-2015 10:00 AM

Nice one by Kawi!

Man I feel bad for Authentic Paddy. What a tough horse he is. Great for Blathwayt but wow does he ever have heart.

_ed_ 10-31-2015 09:58 PM

Agree with both of those comments.

Kawi was just amazing. I don't know if there are any sprinter-milers in NZ at the moment that can beat him.

_ed_ 10-31-2015 10:13 PM

Also, what a great Breeders' Cup this year. Loved it.

my miss storm cat 11-04-2015 10:05 AM

What the... why didn't I know about the great races on Tuesday?

Okay I am completely confused. First of all I hate it when horses get taken down and I am a fan of Spoke to Carlo and it's not cause Soriano is one of my all time favorites (I think I have had my Soriano avatar for even longer than Bullish Luck! :D :o ). BUT come on, he wasn't taken down? For THAT? And then if you watch the replay and listen the announcer says a different result from the way it's listed (Vavasour 2nd?). Confused! Man poor Soriano that SUCKED. Nice for Consensus and all but...

Great fields for the weekend especially the 2000 Guineas (who are you liking there, Ed? Kinda rooting for Serena Miss and TJL but oh so many nice kids here!_. Good luck to Antonio in his race as well as Locket, Blood Brothah and Jimmy Mac... and... TOMORROWLAND!

A shame about Tim Bell. Poor kid. So sorry for everyone who knew him.

_ed_ 11-04-2015 01:41 PM

The Soriano incident was a strange one. The original finish was Consensus, Vavasour, Spoke To Carlo and Soriano, but then Soriano's people (rightly) lodged a protest.

Vavasour was taken down to fourth, but then her people wanted to protest against Spoke To Carlo! But the timeframe for protesting had elapsed by that time, which was a bit unlucky.

I'm not going to the 2000 Guineas this year - first one I've missed since 2007! But I can't wait to watch it.

my miss storm cat 11-05-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1047129)
The Soriano incident was a strange one. The original finish was Consensus, Vavasour, Spoke To Carlo and Soriano, but then Soriano's people (rightly) lodged a protest.

Vavasour was taken down to fourth, but then her people wanted to protest against Spoke To Carlo! But the timeframe for protesting had elapsed by that time, which was a bit unlucky.

I'm not going to the 2000 Guineas this year - first one I've missed since 2007! But I can't wait to watch it.

How awful! Carlo seriously needed to come down.

Oh well.

Any idea when Soriano will bow out?

my miss storm cat 11-06-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my miss storm cat (Post 1047112)
Great fields for the weekend especially the 2000 Guineas (who are you liking there, Ed? Kinda rooting for Serena Miss and TJL but oh so many nice kids here!

Just watched Ali Baba's sole win again... big fan of Michael Moroney so that would be good too! :D

Exciting!

edit - Probably my only bet of the night and just for fun... Tomorrowland and Sports Illustrated with Barbaric and Black Mascara underneath.

Nov. 6, 2015 07:59 AM 3013AC957136 Online Gaming NZ B Te Rapa 7 $2.00 TR 1,2 / 1,2 / 3,8 $8.00

_ed_ 11-06-2015 06:00 PM

Ali Baba is a really exciting horse. His 4th in the Sarten was amazing.

But the first two races today have favoured horses racing near the pace, so I'm thinking it might not be easy to come from far back today. Maybe a horse like Amarula might go wire to wire.

_ed_ 11-06-2015 08:04 PM

Red Dirt Girl at 43-1! Stunning result in the Pegasus.

_ed_ 11-06-2015 08:54 PM

OH MY GOD.

I have no words to describe the 2000 Guineas.

my miss storm cat 11-06-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1047302)
OH MY GOD.

I have no words to describe the 2000 Guineas.

That was absolutely breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my miss storm cat 11-07-2015 08:55 AM

I know there were much more important races yesterday BUT did you see how good Blood Brotha ran (wish they had trackus for that!)? Beautiful win by Southern Sav but oh what a run that was and very well done by Jimmy Mac as well!!! Gave me chills.

Not bad for an old man in his 62nd start. Looks like someone isn't ready to retire!

Very much enjoyed your Barbaric piece and as quoted, yeah he sure deserved that win. I can never be disappointed with Tomorrowland. He'll be back to himself one of these days. :)

Red Dirt Girl was awesome!

my miss storm cat 11-08-2015 09:32 AM

Wow he IS big! :D

I had not watched the replay of Fionn's Kid till now... after reading about him had to and wow... makes the others look like toys. NICE run!

I have a new favorite to add to my long list. Flavigny. Takes a special kind of girl to stand in the stalls when they open. Must be very frustrating and especially for a trainer that I like so very much but gotta love it. :D

(edit - You know, I just watched her two wins...she's a nice girl. Wonder why she stood still...).

Wonderful fields for Wednesday.

Is Serena Miss going to run in the 1,000 Guineas? Just saw the noms. Can't wait!

Happy to read the little blub about Storming the Tower (in the FK piece in the Informant).

Any news on Mongolian Khan?

_ed_ 11-08-2015 02:47 PM

This one last Wednesday is the latest I've heard: http://www.theinformant.co.nz/racing...rogresses-well

Yeah, the 1000 Guineas is the plan for Serena Miss. The Rogersons also have Maritimo in the race, so they look strong! But horses like No More Tears are going to be hard to beat.

my miss storm cat 11-09-2015 09:42 AM

Don't know how on earth I missed that and thanks!

Desperately happy Blood Brotha got some love in the Informant!

my miss storm cat 11-09-2015 07:16 PM

Very much liked your Opulent piece. Rooting for Illuminati (who only wins when I don't bet her) and Locket. :)

NICE field for the MIle (forgot the proper name - sorry!),

_ed_ 11-10-2015 08:34 PM

Just looking back to the 2000 Guineas, can you believe Battle Time is still a maiden?!

2nd G1 2000 Guineas
2nd G1 Diamond Stakes
3rd G2 Hawke's Bay Guineas

:eek:

He has to win a race someday!

_ed_ 11-10-2015 09:04 PM

El Chico! A G3 win at the age of 11! I can't believe it.

_ed_ 11-10-2015 09:46 PM

I'm still in disbelief! Just amazing. What a great old horse.

_ed_ 11-10-2015 10:15 PM

Oh, Addictive Habit, you are amazing.

my miss storm cat 11-10-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1047576)
El Chico! A G3 win at the age of 11! I can't believe it.

AAahhh that was awesome!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1047578)
Oh, Addictive Habit, you are amazing.

That WAS! :)

I thought, even though he didn't hit the board, Nashville ran really nicely. Not taking anything away from the glorious winner and thrilled that he won it again but yeah... love them both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1047575)
Just looking back to the 2000 Guineas, can you believe Battle Time is still a maiden?!

2nd G1 2000 Guineas
2nd G1 Diamond Stakes
3rd G2 Hawke's Bay Guineas

:eek:

He has to win a race someday!

He's really a beautiful color, isn't he? (Sorry - pretty horsie moment).

Loved your El Chico piece!

my miss storm cat 11-12-2015 09:14 AM

Any predictions for the weekend, ed?

I think I will just enjoy watching the stars-to-be in the 1000 Guineas, play Celebrity Miss on top of my ticket(s) in the NZ Cup and hold my breath and hope beyond hope for Soriano (what a wonderful field that is! Wow!) at Tauranga.

So many I'm a fan of running this weekend... g/l to Locket and Carlotta and oh wow Nine Pin! I haven't seen his name lately... assumed he retired.

Will not bother mentioning the other hundred or so. :D

my miss storm cat 11-14-2015 09:25 AM

Soriano!

Thrilled she won and against such a great field. Amazing seeing Jimmy Mac win and oh... El Chico - you champion you!

Beautifully done by Risqué.

_ed_ 11-16-2015 03:00 PM

Sorry for being quiet for a few days - forgot to mention that I was heading to Australia for the weekend with my partner.

Catching up with all the results and replays now. Risque was fantastic.