Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   International Racing (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Zealand Racing, 2015-16 (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57952)

_ed_ 08-28-2015 09:50 PM

That was close, but Hasselhoof did it again.

_ed_ 08-28-2015 10:34 PM

Time for the Makfi! I really can't pick this. I won't be surprised if any of Turn Me Loose, Kawi, Addictive Habit, Vespa, Pondarosa Miss, Whosyourmaster, Puccini, Soriano or Ryan Mark win it.

_ed_ 08-28-2015 10:45 PM

Beautiful win. Congrats to Kawi and all of his people.

Huge performances as well from Ryan Mark (I'm pretty sure his trip was the worst of anyone in the race), Ginner Hart (!!), Turn Me Loose, Vespa, Addictive Habit.

_ed_ 08-28-2015 11:23 PM

Nice to see Kidnapped back at his best!

_ed_ 08-29-2015 01:28 AM

And Bounding won in Melbourne! What a great day.

_ed_ 09-02-2015 05:36 PM

It'll be nice to be back at Ellerslie for the new season this weekend, but Wanganui has the more interesting day with two stakes races for 3yos.

my miss storm cat 09-04-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1041940)
It'll be nice to be back at Ellerslie for the new season this weekend, but Wanganui has the more interesting day with two stakes races for 3yos.

Finding it difficult to catch up and keep up with so many nice fields and wins so for now will just say have a great time at Ellerslie and oh, Kidnapped... that was wonderful to see!

I'm flying to Venice in a couple of weeks and, after a few days there, will be on a cruise (small and very nice ship... Venice to Rome. Yay!) and then a few days in Rome and so will miss things like the Livamol Classic... if there are any NZ racing apps you can recommend (I am not planning on being online more than once or twice but hey, this is important :D )...

Thanks, ed and please wave to Pump Up the Volume for me tomorrow!

_ed_ 09-04-2015 10:54 PM

Wow, that sounds amazing. I hope you have a great time!

Unfortunately NZ Racing isn't very up to date in terms of apps and smartphone technology. :( But our Informant website is mobile-friendly at least, which should let you see results etc.

_ed_ 09-04-2015 11:14 PM

Aw, poor Eric. I would have loved to see him hold on.

Secret Spirit stunning at Wanganui.

_ed_ 09-04-2015 11:40 PM

Alcaldesa at 50-1!

I wrote the story yesterday about her confident trainer... but I didn't bet her.

my miss storm cat 09-08-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1042239)

Secret Spirit stunning at Wanganui.

Wow! :tro: VERY nice!

Just read the piece about Tomorrowland... poor guy.

_ed_ 09-08-2015 07:47 PM

Yeah, I hope he gets better soon.

A super field for the Breeders' Stakes at Ruakaka on Saturday. G1 winners Dal Cielo and Marky Mark, plus exciting horses like The Justice League and Xtravagant.

_ed_ 09-12-2015 12:09 AM

Ruakaka was simply amazing today. It turned out to be a busy day with almost every race worth writing about, but I'm so glad I was there.

_ed_ 09-13-2015 04:45 PM

Habibi second in a G1! Fantastic.

_ed_ 09-15-2015 06:07 PM

Derby purse increase! http://media.wix.com/ugd/8b454d_767a...c14767c4d9.pdf

_ed_ 09-16-2015 05:31 PM

Xcellent gets a mention here: http://www.theinformant.co.nz/racing...ale-retirement

my miss storm cat 09-19-2015 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1043294)

That was really nice to see! I had just searched for him a few days ago to no avail.

Terrible about the weather and the Windsor Park Plate but oh... just looked at the few results there were and Authentic Paddy? Really? That is pretty cool! :)

_ed_ 09-19-2015 11:00 PM

It was really sad to lose that great day yesterday. It was the right call, but so disappointing. At least the Gold Trail will be added to the October 3 card and the Windsor Park Plate has been rescheduled for later that month.

Nice racing at Avondale yesterday. So great to see Chris Dell back.

my miss storm cat 09-20-2015 09:54 PM

Leaving for my beautiful cruise, ed... lovely Wind Star ship and beginning by sailing down the Grand Canal in Venice... very excited. I WILL check the Informant once or twice, especially to see who wins next weekend. (Oooh and I just now saw the Soriano piece. Exciting!!!).

Have a beautiful couple of weeks, ed, and stay safe, good horsies.

I am listening to Citizen Erased and just finished packing... off to bed. See ya in a couple of weeks!

Thanks again for the Xcellent part in the link you posted. It is just very good to hear his name again (especially since it's frustrating not being able to find anything at all)! :)

_ed_ 09-25-2015 11:55 PM

I hope you're having a great time.

Secret Spirit, what a filly. Four stakes wins in a row.

_ed_ 10-02-2015 05:43 PM

Beautiful morning at Hastings for Livamol day. :) A bit windy, but the track will be fantastic.

_ed_ 10-02-2015 07:59 PM

Serious Satire! Speechless.

_ed_ 10-02-2015 09:48 PM

Amarula was simply stunning in the Guineas, and at 30-1!

_ed_ 10-02-2015 10:22 PM

What a great race the Spring Sprint was. Wonderful battle between three really good horses.

_ed_ 10-02-2015 10:52 PM

Oh, Addictive Habit. Thrilled to see him finally get a G1.

And Lee trains the third-placed Celebrity Miss too! So happy for him.

_ed_ 10-06-2015 11:09 PM

Wow, the three-year-old fillies are looking so good this season - Serious Satire, Let Her Rip, and now Capella who has just scored a stunning win at Taupo.

my miss storm cat 10-08-2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1043824)
I hope you're having a great time.

Secret Spirit, what a filly. Four stakes wins in a row.

It was GREAT and thanks!

Off to the Informant and the NZ Racing site to watch replays and then bed and more.

Sounds like I have missed exciting races and looking forward to catching up.

Any news on either Soriano or Tomorrowland? I can see you were the last post on retirements so will check to see who won the Arc (no I really have no clue) and then see who retired and back latah. It was good having a break and not being online AT ALL! :eek: :)

Hope all is well.

(Happy to read Addictive Habit got a G1 and cannot wait to see it. That's awesome!).

_ed_ 10-08-2015 10:57 PM

Soriano was a bit disappointing in the Livamol, but she'll keep racing through into the summer before retiring to have some babies.

Tomorrowland is back next week!
http://www.theinformant.co.nz/racing...et-for-Rotorua

my miss storm cat 10-09-2015 08:31 AM

Really loved this one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1044387)
What a great race the Spring Sprint was. Wonderful battle between three really good horses.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1044856)
Soriano was a bit disappointing in the Livamol, but she'll keep racing through into the summer before retiring to have some babies.

Tomorrowland is back next week!
http://www.theinformant.co.nz/racing...et-for-Rotorua

Covered by Pins! Well that will be one nice baby!

Thanks and cannot wait to see Tomorrowland again!!!

Watched many wonderful replays but forgot to see what's what for tonight (tomorrow). Duh!

edit - Man that is a nice field for the Matamata Cup! KInda rooting for Spoke to Carlo but will be thrilled if Ransomed, Deane, Tidy Express, Storming the Tower... oh never mind I am rooting for half the field haha!

Good luck to TJL and Back in Black in their respective races.

One thing I still have not (yet) seen is Jimmy's sisters nice win... you GO, Miss Wilson! Very exciting

edit - Oh geez just saw Recite entered! Whoa that's a fun field with Kisses... good luck to Fried Rice and to Blood Brothah in their races too!

Sorry for gushing. :o :p

_ed_ 10-09-2015 09:09 PM

A shame that TJL and Spoke To Carlo came out of their races today, but at least their injuries are only minor.

Wow, Ali Baba! 36-1 shocker. But the way he won it, he could be a 2000 Guineas threat.

_ed_ 10-09-2015 10:58 PM

Nice win for Tyne Cot in the Cup, but man Kindaleica was brave! Such a great run from him. He's better than I thought.

Kisses! She deserved that, and a nice effort from Recite for second.

And last but not least, welcome back Platinum Witness. :)

_ed_ 10-09-2015 11:59 PM

VERY NICE run by Mongolian Khan in the Caulfield Stakes.

my miss storm cat 10-10-2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1044953)

Kisses! She deserved that, and a nice effort from Recite for second.

I played two races yesterday morning cause I knew I wouldn't be able to stay up. In one I put Spoke to Carlo on top (so sad he hear he and TJL injured) so that was the end of that and for the other put Kisses and Recite in the top two spots... no capping involved. No two ways about it. :)

Oct. 9, 2015 11:46 AM BC2DB31B711A Online Gaming New Zealand 8 $1.00 TR 1,2 / 1,2 / 4,5,6,7,11,12,13 $14.00 $88.90

Yay for Mongolian Khan... glad to hear it.

Off to watch replays. :)

edit - Oh wow I just watched the Cup and how nice for Tyne Cot. I think if I had reworked my play sans Carlo I would have had the last three finishers on top and in order! :D :wf

VERY nice win by Platinum Witness!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1044947)
Wow, Ali Baba! 36-1 shocker. But the way he won it, he could be a 2000 Guineas threat.

Whoa, exciting stuff!

my miss storm cat 10-13-2015 04:33 PM

Wonder if Fried Rice can get his 2nd win on Thursday. It's been about a year.... this might be it!

Still no noms for the Red Plate at Rotorua BUT I did just read your Lauren Tate piece. Always love it when types like her get a little notice. :)

_ed_ 10-13-2015 11:34 PM

She's a good little mare. Looking forward to seeing her back.

Nice fields for the two stakes races at Rotorua on Saturday, and The Justice League has recovered from his little setback and has his final 2000 Guineas prep on the undercard.

my miss storm cat 10-14-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1045231)
She's a good little mare. Looking forward to seeing her back.

Nice fields for the two stakes races at Rotorua on Saturday, and The Justice League has recovered from his little setback and has his final 2000 Guineas prep on the undercard.

Very nice fields! Will probably play something using the two Miss girls in the top two spots and oh that is a very nice field for Tomorrowland! No picnic for him. Very happy to see TJL back already.

_ed_ 10-14-2015 07:50 PM

I like the field for the John Grigg down at Ashburton as well - some nice horses heading towards the Guineas.

Windborne has to be hard to beat after her Canterbury Belle win, but I'm interested in some of the less experienced ones too - Director, Strada Cavallo, Johnny Jones...

my miss storm cat 10-15-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ed_ (Post 1045292)
I like the field for the John Grigg down at Ashburton as well - some nice horses heading towards the Guineas.

Windborne has to be hard to beat after her Canterbury Belle win, but I'm interested in some of the less experienced ones too - Director, Strada Cavallo, Johnny Jones...

Aside from Windborne, I think the only horse I have heard of running at Ashburton on Saturday is El Chico. :o

(Looking forward to watching the trial Illuminati won the other day just for fun. Kelly O'Reilly too.) :)

my miss storm cat 10-17-2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my miss storm cat (Post 1045281)
Very nice fields! Will probably play something using the two Miss girls in the top two spots and oh that is a very nice field for Tomorrowland! No picnic for him. Very happy to see TJL back already.

Just got home and don't think I can stay up... I didn't do the Miss horses together (and of course they were 1 and 2 but not at great odds) but I saw Sultry Assassin was entered so did something small just for fun (even though I do so love TAF too!)..

Oct. 16, 2015 05:46 PM 9C7672377121 Online Gaming NZ B Arawa Park 3 $2.00 WN 10 $2.00 $50.20

Need to check on Caulfield and try to stay awake.

Oh Tomorrowland... saw he didn't win but not sure where he finished...

edit - Okay well as long as he looked good! Replays tomorrow... falling asleep.

_ed_ 10-17-2015 02:04 AM

Tomorrowland looked very good! Tried to lead all the way, but the race was dominated by closers. He kept going really nicely. But Ryan Mark was excellent.