Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stakes Archive (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   7/29 (SAR): Vanderbilt (G1), Bwlg Grn, Jim Dandy, Amsterdam (G2's) (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62749)

knickslions2 07-31-2017 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHT2004 (Post 1096399)
From what i have seen the last 2 days, unless Bob is sending West Coast or American Anthem, Good Samaritan is going to win the Travers.

Tapwrit and classic Empire will have something to say in that race

Rudeboyelvis 07-31-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickslions2 (Post 1096405)
Tapwrit and classic Empire will have something to say in that race

:tro:

Aside from the two impossibly horrid trips in the Bluegrass and KD, what exactly has Tapwrit done wrong, again?

My only knock on him is they've just put him back in training (7/22) with only 2 works to date out of the Belmont. Is Pletcher even pointing to the Travers with him?

knickslions2 07-31-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis (Post 1096408)

Aside from the two impossibly horrid trips in the Bluegrass and KD, what exactly has Tapwrit done wrong, again?

My only knock on him is they've just put him back in training (7/22) with only 2 works to date out of the Belmont. Is Pletcher even pointing to the Travers with him?

Good to hear from ya Dan. It seems the travers is on his radar from what I read so hopefully he will be fit.

parsixfarms 08-01-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis (Post 1096408)

Pletcher said in July that Tapwrit would be trained up to the Travers.

RHT2004 08-01-2017 05:34 PM

Outplay>Tapwrit.

-BT- 08-02-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHT2004 (Post 1096495)
Outplay>Tapwrit.

whooooooaaaaaaaaa

i know you're the king of bold statements, but can you tell me how you came up with this assessment?

You really think Outplay can handle any more distance, b/c he's going to have to to be competitive in the Travers. His win on Friday, while on paper will look overly impressive, visually he looked like he was on fumes half way down the lane. Nobody pressed that horse at all, and he shook his one and only challenger before he even entered the stretch. Also, who has he beat?

-bt-

knickslions2 08-02-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT- (Post 1096521)
whooooooaaaaaaaaa

i know you're the king of bold statements, but can you tell me how you came up with this assessment?

You really think Outplay can handle any more distance, b/c he's going to half to to be competitive in the Travers. His win on Friday, while on paper will look overly impressive, visually he looked like he was on fumes half way down the lane. Nobody pressed that horse at all, and he shook his one and only challenger before he even entered the stretch. Also, who has he beat?

-bt-

I don't think he will even be in the Travers. That being said that horse has the easiest trip I have seen against a very weak field and looked like that's about as far as he can go distance wise That race was pretty slow and don't think this horse is in top half of a suspect 3 year old crop.

RHT2004 08-02-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT- (Post 1096521)
whooooooaaaaaaaaa

You really think Outplay can handle any more distance, b/c he's going to have to to be competitive in the Travers. His win on Friday, while on paper will look overly impressive, visually he looked like he was on fumes half way down the lane. Nobody pressed that horse at all, and he shook his one and only challenger before he even entered the stretch. Also, who has he beat?

-bt-

Just not a Tapwrit fan.