Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   "At the Races with Steve Byk" (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   podcast info (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9302)

31lengths 01-29-2007 08:03 PM

podcast info

I see that NTRA and ESPN carry Wire 2 Wire and other podcast content at thier site. I dont have an Ipod but I have the Creative Vision M...Does anyone know where I can find these podcasts (or any other horse racing podcasts) that is
compatible with other MP3 players such as mine?

31lengths 01-29-2007 08:43 PM

Podcast question

I see that NTRA and ESPN carry Wire 2 Wire and other podcast content at thier site. I dont have an Ipod but I have the Creative Vision M...Does anyone know where I can find these podcasts (or any other horse racing podcasts) that is
compatible with other MP3 players such as mine?

paisjpq 01-29-2007 09:00 PM

I'm no expert, but does it really matter what kind of unit you own as long as the file format is mp3? the podcasts have to be downloaded to your computer anyway so couldn't you just save them withe whatever software you use

31lengths 01-29-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisjpq
I'm no expert, but does it really matter what kind of unit you own as long as the file format is mp3? the podcasts have to be downloaded to your computer anyway so couldn't you just save them withe whatever software you use

I am very new at the podcast thing. the site says that you can get it from iTunes. when i click the link, it says that i dont have the right program to access the contents/store.

paisjpq 01-29-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31lengths
I am very new at the podcast thing. the site says that you can get it from iTunes. when i click the link, it says that i dont have the right program to access the contents/store.

well you've already exceeded my reach right there:p I don't actually have an ipod...but I'm sure there are lots of people here that can help...

31lengths 01-29-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisjpq
well you've already exceeded my reach right there:p I don't actually have an ipod...but I'm sure there are lots of people here that can help...

yeah...thats why i posted the question here. Wire 2 Wire is at least on ESPN's site now that they took it off of the air.

Cajungator26 01-29-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

You just have to sign up onto iTunes. It's free to sign up...

paisjpq 01-29-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

yeah...thats why i posted the question here. Wire 2 Wire is at least on ESPN's site now that they took it off of the air.

I noticed that the other day, I think it's great that they are still offering it somewhere...'cept I know that I will never go to the site to watch it...just not the same level of convenience for me as having it on the DVR...

31lengths 01-29-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajungator26
You just have to sign up onto iTunes. It's free to sign up...

So if I sign up for iTunes even though I dont have an IPOD, I can still download the content to my computer? That part makes sense - but can I then put it onto my MP3 ?

Cajungator26 01-29-2007 10:42 PM

Quote:

So if I sign up for iTunes even though I dont have an IPOD, I can still download the content to my computer? That part makes sense - but can I then put it onto my MP3 ?

Yeah, you can. I believe that once you plug in your MP3 player to your computer, you should be able to convert the songs, podcasts etc that you have purchased through iTunes onto it. Last month I put some songs onto my friends' MP3 player from my iTunes, so it can be done.

letswastemoney 01-29-2007 11:55 PM

iTunes has a special format that can't be converted into other mp3 players besides iPods. I have no idea how you converted yours to other mp3 players.

Cajungator26 01-30-2007 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letswastemoney
iTunes has a special format that can't be converted into other mp3 players besides iPods. I have no idea how you converted yours to other mp3 players.

Me either, but it worked. I'm not sure how they would have been able to be transferred onto her MP3 player if that's the case. :confused:

Kasept 01-30-2007 09:31 AM

Try this: http://www.podcastingnews.com/forum/...ad4b1aadf4a278

31lengths 01-30-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Yeah, you can. I believe that once you plug in your MP3 player to your computer, you should be able to convert the songs, podcasts etc that you have purchased through iTunes onto it. Last month I put some songs onto my friends' MP3 player from my iTunes, so it can be done.

Thanks, J.
Yep...it worked. it took about 17 minutes to "convert" the file...but it did let me put it on my Zen.

Cajungator26 01-30-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

Thanks, J.
Yep...it worked. it took about 17 minutes to "convert" the file...but it did let me put it on my Zen.

Cool, I'm glad it worked. :cool:

I just got an iPod for Christmas and it took a while to get my fave CD's onto it. I still have another 50 CD's to go... phew.