Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Paddock (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NIGHT OF STARS & KEE NOV: Monomoy $9MM; Bisou $5MM; Stormy $2.75MM (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68753)

Kasept 11-08-2020 06:09 PM

NIGHT OF STARS & KEE NOV: Monomoy $9MM; Bisou $5MM; Stormy $2.75MM

Spendthrift buys Monomoy Girl, Got Stormy..

Chuck & Lori Allen buy out the Midnight Bisou partners..

Kasept 11-08-2020 06:45 PM

Monomoy Girl to return as a 6yo!

Kasept 11-08-2020 06:47 PM

She's a Julie to Spendthrift for $3MM..

Kasept 11-09-2020 04:17 AM

Dunbar 11-09-2020 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 1146911)
Monomoy Girl to return as a 6yo!

fun news!

Kasept 11-10-2020 02:50 AM

King Glorious 12-04-2020 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunbar (Post 1146921)
fun news!

It was fun news until today when I read the article about her likely staying in her division and facing only females again this year. I know, I know, it's their horse and the most logical sports to run in are in her own division cause they give her the best chance to win. I just can't believe they paid $9.5 million to run her 4-5 times to try to win another $2.5 million and prove on the track what she's already proven in two different seasons.

RolloTomasi 12-05-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Glorious (Post 1147517)
It was fun news until today when I read the article about her likely staying in her division and facing only females again this year. I know, I know, it's their horse and the most logical sports to run in are in her own division cause they give her the best chance to win. I just can't believe they paid $9.5 million to run her 4-5 times to try to win another $2.5 million and prove on the track what she's already proven in two different seasons.

I wonder if they are running her next year simply to hedge their bets in case she doesn't produce as a broodmare.

The bottom side is decent with her younger half brother a Grade 2 winner and tracing back to the dam of champion Heavenly Cause. But she also is from the family of noted bridesmaid Jacques Who and her sire just got exported to Japan.

Also, could this horse be another Myracehorse.com project? Apparently you can buy into Grade 1 winner Collusion Illusion; what sort of response will they get if they offer people a piece of paper saying they own a piece of a dual Eclipse champion? Might end up being a free ride for them.

blackthroatedwind 12-05-2020 10:32 AM

I must have missed the race that Monomoy Girl ever ran that would be competitive in any meaningful open race against the boys.

I'm skeptical that she races again next year, and if she does I wish her the best but will be surprised if she is overly successful.

King Glorious 12-05-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind (Post 1147527)
I must have missed the race that Monomoy Girl ever ran that would be competitive in any meaningful open race against the boys.

I'm skeptical that she races again next year, and if she does I wish her the best but will be surprised if she is overly successful.

Couldn’t the same have been said about Midnight Bisou before she ran in Saudi Arabia? Who would have thought that Swiss Skydiver would win the Preakness after she was beaten decisively by Art Collector in the Blue Grass? I just don’t get what you have against taking chances. Should all trainers look to only run in spots where they will be 3/5 favorites? To me, the risk vs reward scale would tilt in favor of her running against the boys. What does she have to lose? More importantly, what is gained by doing the same thing she’s already proven time and time again over her whole career?