Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Triple Crown Topics/Archive.. (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   5/15 (PIM): Preakness Day (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69552)

Kasept 05-11-2021 03:11 PM

5/15 (PIM): Preakness Day

richard burch 05-11-2021 03:32 PM

Before Tuesday's draw, Craig Robertson, Baffert’s lawyer, confirmed an agreement with the Maryland Jockey Club that would allow Medina Spirit and Concert Tour to enter the Preakness.

In a letter to Alan Rifkin, an attorney for the Maryland Jockey Club, Robertson wrote Baffert consented to blood testing, monitoring and medical record reviews for Medina Spirit, Concert Tour and Beautiful Gift. The latter is entered in Friday’s Black-Eyed Susan Stakes at Pimlico.

Totally disagree with letting Medina Spirit and Concert Tour in this race because now the story is all about Baffert, cheating, drugs, etc....If either of them win it will just continue a very bad story all the way to the Belmont. :zz:

-BT- 05-11-2021 03:36 PM

He's got the 2 favorites, it's so ironic I wanna cry .....

Kasept 05-11-2021 05:23 PM

Kasept 05-11-2021 05:24 PM

richard burch 05-11-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -BT- (Post 1152970)
He's got the 2 favorites, it's so ironic I wanna cry .....

Lets hope He doesn't win and this will at least temporarily subside for a while. Would be nice if the jocks say they won't ride for him too.

Dahoss 05-11-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard burch (Post 1152980)
Lets hope He doesn't win and this will at least temporarily subside for a while. Would be nice if the jocks say they won't ride for him too.

I despise Baffert but we’re starting to enter la la land here. Whether or not Baffert has a horse in the race the story was going to be all about him. Jocks are still going to ride for him.

Until owners start pulling horses from him and he gets a real punishment....this will be another blip on the radar.

moses 05-11-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1152981)
I despise Baffert but we’re starting to enter la la land here. Whether or not Baffert has a horse in the race the story was going to be all about him. Jocks are still going to ride for him.

Until owners start pulling horses from him and he gets a real punishment....this will be another blip on the radar.

Following Sea being moved out of his barn was a pretty big loss for him.

richard burch 05-11-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moses (Post 1152982)

Other trainers can also tell jocks that if they ride for a cheat, they don't ride for them.

Of course I am reaching for the stars in search of some moral character within this sport.

Dahoss 05-11-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moses (Post 1152982)

True, be interesting to see what Pletcher can do with him...good to see them sending more horses to Mandella as well.

Dahoss 05-11-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard burch (Post 1152983)
Other trainers can also tell jocks that if they ride for a cheat, they don't ride for them.

Of course I am reaching for the stars in search of some moral character within this sport.

Come on man. La la land is two rooms down.

blackthroatedwind 05-11-2021 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1152985)
Come on man. La la land is two rooms down.

I’ll take the under

Conrad 05-11-2021 07:10 PM

Sir Barton?

richard burch 05-11-2021 07:13 PM

Don't worry not going to happen anytime soon.

Dahoss 05-11-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard burch (Post 1152989)

Don't worry not going to happen anytime soon.

9 days ago you were congratulating Baffert. Today you want jocks to refuse to ride for him and trainers to tell jocks they won’t ride them if they ride for Baffert.

Again, I despise Baffert but some of the most appalled by this have watched this happen for YEARS and said nothing. Just seems odd.

richard burch 05-11-2021 07:35 PM

Johnny V did not get paid for his ride in the Derby, correct?

Dahoss 05-11-2021 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard burch (Post 1152991)
Johnny V did not get paid for his ride in the Derby, correct?

Not yet. What does that have to do with anything?

richard burch 05-11-2021 07:51 PM

If he is DQ'd then he is not getting paid. He just risked his health riding for a trainer who deceived him. Why would anybody ride in a race that they might not get paid for and why would you even want to be tied to Bob Baffert right now anyway?

Lets say he is not lying and they rubbed some liniment on the horse after a workout. Well if he thought he was clean then they probably rubbed it on him after a tough race like the derby too which puts him again within 14 day window of his next race. He could be DQ'd again if he wins. Are you going to take that chance?

Dahoss 05-11-2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard burch (Post 1152993)
If he is DQ'd then he is not getting paid. He just risked his health riding for a trainer who deceived him. Why would anybody ride in a race that they might not get paid for and why would you even want to be tied to Bob Baffert right now anyway?

Lets say he is not lying and they rubbed some liniment on the horse after a workout. Well if he thought he was clean then they probably rubbed it on him after a tough race like the derby too which puts him again within 14 day window of his next race. He could be DQ'd again if he wins. Are you going to take that chance?

Are you trolling me? You have to be. Good stuff.

richard burch 05-11-2021 08:07 PM

That's funny because you are the KING of all trolls and just to be clear, I will NEVER respond to one of your posts, antagonistic comments, replies or rudeness because I DON'T LIKE YOU.

GO AWAY!!!