Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Paddock (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   No NYRA on TVG (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67893)

Alabama Stakes 05-31-2020 09:21 PM

No NYRA on TVG

Anyone know anything about this ? You can’t go to the track or watch on TVG ? It’s so cool to be able to watch part of the race...then freeze frame a little, then see a little action on the turn, before freezing again till the Gallup out. At least the camera is usually on the winner so the suspense is gone.

Dahoss 05-31-2020 10:35 PM

LOL

Rupert Pupkin 06-01-2020 03:40 AM

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...V_turf_war_123

jms62 06-01-2020 07:16 AM

Is TVG through Roku considered an APP? I would probably bet not.

Konk 06-01-2020 08:25 AM

RTN - so far superior to anything else out there.

After a couple of months without TVG, I could NEVER go back to watching it again. Just pathetic for the most part.:zz:

FOX Sports has excellent coverage. And they give free PPs for the day. :tro:

TVG.....meh!

jms62 06-01-2020 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konk (Post 1138754)
RTN - so far superior to anything else out there.

After a couple of months without TVG, I could NEVER go back to watching it again. Just pathetic for the most part.:zz:

FOX Sports has excellent coverage. And they give free PPs for the day. :tro:

TVG.....meh!

TVG = Free

Dahoss 06-01-2020 08:32 AM

Yeah I mean a monthly subscription to RTN is $15 for every thoroughbred track and replays that go back to 2008. That’s .50 a day. You also get the FOX Sports coverage and can control what track feed you want to watch. All you need is a fire stick.

Seems like TVG doesn’t want to pay. Sucks for them.

Benny 06-01-2020 10:30 AM

Fyi Tv Schedule

https://www.nyra.com/belmont/racing/tv-schedule

Alabama Stakes 06-01-2020 11:20 AM

So it looks like on opening day from 2:20 to 4:30 if you're in New England you're not gonna get to see the races. TVG wouldn't submit to the shakedown.

ScottJ 06-01-2020 12:48 PM

There are two fundamental concepts at war here : racetracks owners vs. wagering platform owners. The racetrack owners have to win not only the battle, but also the war.

If an organization has both components, you can tell the parasite OTB and ADW organizations to take a hike. This includes everything from DRF, TVG, and more. As it turns out, Churchill/Twin Spires and NYRA/NYRA Bets are similar business models. Why make your signal available on TVG and encourage any wagering through their platform which does not flow directly to the Churchill/NYRA bottom line? I am applauding both Churchill and NYRA for getting this business model back in order. (Now, if we can get cooperation about post times, stakes races, and similar, we have a new paradigm.)

TVG has histroically been able to leverage a third component in the war, national video distribution, for a very long time. Without that chip in the game, TVG loses. What do they offer that is a differentiator? Nothing.

So, what's next? Stronach and TVG working together for a while - that is until the 1st.com betting platform gains strength and Stronach figures out that a national video platform is needed. That will come, you can be sure.

Hence, TVG will wind up representing those tracks without a wagering platform of note and national distribution. Examples : Tampa Bay, Lone Star, Fairmount, Finger Lakes, Fonner Park.

Dahoss 06-01-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottJ (Post 1138760)
There are two fundamental concepts at war here : racetracks owners vs. wagering platform owners. The racetrack owners have to win not only the battle, but also the war.

If an organization has both components, you can tell the parasite OTB and ADW organizations to take a hike. This includes everything from DRF, TVG, and more. As it turns out, Churchill/Twin Spires and NYRA/NYRA Bets are similar business models. Why make your signal available on TVG and encourage any wagering through their platform which does not flow directly to the Churchill/NYRA bottom line? I am applauding both Churchill and NYRA for getting this business model back in order. (Now, if we can get cooperation about post times, stakes races, and similar, we have a new paradigm.)

TVG has histroically been able to leverage a third component in the war, national video distribution, for a very long time. Without that chip in the game, TVG loses. What do they offer that is a differentiator? Nothing.

So, what's next? Stronach and TVG working together for a while - that is until the 1st.com betting platform gains strength and Stronach figures out that a national video platform is needed. That will come, you can be sure.

Hence, TVG will wind up representing those tracks without a wagering platform of note and national distribution. Examples : Tampa Bay, Lone Star, Fairmount, Finger Lakes, Fonner Park.

You better stop making sense.

Dahoss 06-01-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes (Post 1138759)
So it looks like on opening day from 2:20 to 4:30 if you're in New England you're not gonna get to see the races. TVG wouldn't submit to the shakedown.

Do you have a firestick or Roku or are you still pretending it’s 1965?

Alabama Stakes 06-01-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1138762)
Do you have a firestick or Roku or are you still pretending it’s 1965?

Fire stick ? Like wooden matches ? No I have a zippo

Roku? Is that the guy who played Kono on Hawaii 5.0. ? Or is it some Pokémon thing ?

Dahoss 06-01-2020 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes (Post 1138763)
Fire stick ? Like wooden matches ? No I have a zippo

Roku? Is that the guy who played Kono on Hawaii 5.0. ? Or is it some Pokémon thing ?

I know you don’t want to answer because it kind of exposes how silly this thread is....but I’m sure a high roller like you can afford 50 cents a day for a platform much better than TVG.

Kasept 06-01-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottJ (Post 1138760)

Part of Stronach Group's holdings include signal aglomerator Monarch which manages the content negotiations for many of the 'independent' tracks. They have that relationship with TVG thanks to the remarkable deal they made when they foisted HRTV on them.

Alabama Stakes 06-03-2020 02:35 PM

I was just informed by the guy who makes the best ribs in Texas actually the best ribs in the world that professionals use hickory and amateurs use Mesquite of course I would be watching Belmont but it's not on TV right now because of the soccer match till 430.

Dahoss 06-03-2020 03:44 PM

Meanwhile those of us that aren’t eating paste three meals a day are watching on RTN where we can switch from whatever track feed we want and Fox Day at the Races.

It’s almost like you don’t want to watch your fake bets you post lose.

knickslions2 06-03-2020 04:32 PM

It’s refreshing to watch on the other channel except for that Andy guy. Rest of crew is fantastic and don’t have to listen to Caton Bredar bore us.

Alabama Stakes 06-03-2020 04:41 PM

Nice picture quality but I wish they use the pan shot from track. Maybe show the feet in the paddock .

Alabama Stakes 06-03-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahoss (Post 1138816)
Meanwhile those of us that aren’t eating paste three meals a day are watching on RTN where we can switch from whatever track feed we want and Fox Day at the Races.

It’s almost like you don’t want to watch your fake bets you post lose.

I bet there aren't 10% of the posters here that have rtn. You were pretty silent last week when I was lighting it up. When was the last winner you posted out here ? Oh yeah , you don't have winners anymore . Keep grinding though , maybe the magic will return. We are all rooting for you.