Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dee Tee Stables (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   4/30: KNS at ACRC Thursday (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28729)

declansharbor 04-30-2009 03:07 PM

A nice run considering she looked blocked around the turn and was closer to the pace than the horses that came in. She could easily have just given up in the stretch, but ran well IMO.

TheSpyder 04-30-2009 03:32 PM

Agree. These maybe a bit over her head but was very game.
Quote:

Originally Posted by declansharbor
A nice run considering she looked blocked around the turn and was closer to the pace than the horses that came in. She could easily have just given up in the stretch, but ran well IMO.

31lengths 04-30-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSpyder
Agree. These maybe a bit over her head but was very game.

Where did she finish? @ work and don't have access.

horseofcourse 04-30-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31lengths
Where did she finish? @ work and don't have access.

6th...about 4-5 lengths back...ran 3rd-4th most of way...a couple passed her in the stretch.

Cannon Shell 04-30-2009 05:13 PM

Kickin ran like she had the AC version of the swine flu. Reports are that she acted poorly since her arrival and was very nervous today before the race which may have something to do with her flattening out in the stretch. Her brain is a terrible thing to waste.

Benny Leger 04-30-2009 07:08 PM

she needs her Maggs

Heels1989 04-30-2009 07:14 PM

Really great day at AC this afternoon despite the mid pack finish for KnS. She was her typical anxious self in the paddock prior to the race, but seemed to settle after Tony saddled her up. I thought she ran a solid race though she flattened out mid stretch.

Very nice DT turn out today:

Nick (Pointman)
Pat (Pmac)
Mark (Hickory) and Karen
Michelle (SuffolkGirl)
Mark (ShadowRoll)
Darren (ddthetide) and Carm (Darren's Dad)
My mom and dad (NYU1963)
Tony Carango (our stand-in trainer)
and of course
Tony Black

Both Tonys were fantastic. Big thank you to each. Tony Black was the most gracious host and stayed with our group through the last race. He also pointed us onto some winners later in the card.

Pictures from Michelle and Darren to follow later I am sure.

Riot 04-30-2009 07:53 PM

Sorry KNS couldn't get the eastcoast contingent into the winners circle, but glad Dee Tee was represented in force, and I'm looking forward to some great pictures!

vprtdo 04-30-2009 09:08 PM

KNS photo from Atlantic City

1 Attachment(s)
VPRTDO, here is an attached jpg of kNS, one photo that turned out today. Tough race for KNS. She ran good all the way until the top of the homestretch. Everyone had a good day.

Heels1989 04-30-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vprtdo
VPRTDO, here is an attached jpg of kNS, one photo that turned out today. Tough race for KNS. She ran good all the way until the top of the homestretch. Everyone had a good day.

Looks like I missed a DTer in my list above. Sorry about that. Hope I haven't missed any others.

pmacdaddy 04-30-2009 10:00 PM

Just home to Long Island now.

Fun day, nice to see everyone. Tony Black was a fantastic host. He was great discussing second half of card with us.

Very cool to visit AC Racecourse for the first time. Really liked the track. Nice little crowd and set up.

Great to see Dee Tee runner in person. Thanks.

pointman 04-30-2009 11:36 PM

I really enjoyed the experience today and had a great time with everybody. Thanks to everyone today, Tony Black is a great guy, gracious host, and we really enjoyed hanging out and talking with him.

KNS was definitely riled up in the paddock despite the instructions given which were taken to heart and followed. The stable pony tried to stand in front of her but unfortunately she still got worked up. She still put up a real nice try despite being put in a postion that she doesn't care for.

The experience of Atlantic City Race Course was a lot of fun, thanks again to Steve, Chuck, Tony and all the others that made today possible.

Hickory Hill Hoff 05-02-2009 06:29 AM

Fun was had by all!

It was finally great to see Kickin N Screamin in the "flesh" :) Karen & I had a wonderful time with the DT gang plus it was a honor and treat to meet Tony Black. It's too bad that AC Race Course isn't used more often for live wagering. The track is located just minutes from the boardwalk and easy to get to. Hopefully I'll be able to see more DT runners at Saratoga & the northeast in the coming year. :D

Riot 05-03-2009 03:14 PM

KNS Post-race

Did KNS come out of the race okay? Is she back in KY? Staying there?

doll0608 05-03-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot
Did KNS come out of the race okay? Is she back in KY? Staying there?

I have not spoke to the trainer post race but she is set to leave this Tuesday to come back to CDT.

pointman 05-03-2009 04:07 PM

The word at Atlantic City after the race was that she came out of the race fine.

GBBob 05-03-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doll0608
I have not spoke to the trainer post race but she is set to leave this Tuesday to come back to CDT.

:rolleyes:

Cannon Shell 05-03-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob
:rolleyes:

The other one...

Riot 05-03-2009 11:05 PM

Thanks ... everyone :D