Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Charles Hatton Reading Room (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why Andy Beyer is a Legend (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22781)

Scav 05-27-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
and scav ..you are a legend in your own right..

far from it, I have legendary moments maybe, that is about it. zero consistency

ArlJim78 05-27-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

true..but he shared this ..funny i had the horse myself..without andy b call..and the funny thing is he was the only other horse that looked like he might do ok vs pop rocker

i kicked myself for not using this horse, and that had nothing to do with Beyers numbers. it has everything to do with it being a real crappy field that anyone could beat. i looked at it a few times but then let it go. after the first quarter I knew I was dead. it was a costly mistake for me.

blackthroatedwind 05-27-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlJim78
i kicked myself for not using this horse, and that had nothing to do with Beyers numbers. it has everything to do with it being a real crappy field that anyone could beat. i looked at it a few times but then let it go. after the first quarter I knew I was dead. it was a costly mistake for me.

How could it have had anything to do with Beyer numbers?

ArlJim78 05-27-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
How could it have had anything to do with Beyer numbers?

it couldn't have and didn't. I just meant to say that it made sense to use that horse on your pick4 ticket, even without having done your own research on his speed figures.

i'm just bitter because it cost me two pick threes and a nice pick four.

sdjcom 05-27-2008 04:24 PM

Glad To Hear Of Your Hit With Andy Beyer At 21.00, I,m A Bit Jealous
However How Many Has He Missed Betting Big Money? People Always Tell You Of The Big Hits , But Never About The 12 Str Races You Lost And Are Still In The Hole. Pros Tell No-one Of Their Hits. You
Should Have Kept This About Andy In Confidence.

Scav 05-27-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdjcom
Glad To Hear Of Your Hit With Andy Beyer At 21.00, I,m A Bit Jealous
However How Many Has He Missed Betting Big Money? People Always Tell You Of The Big Hits , But Never About The 12 Str Races You Lost And Are Still In The Hole. Pros Tell No-one Of Their Hits. You
Should Have Kept This About Andy In Confidence.

EASY GUY, he was just telling an f'n story, that 99% of the people here would like to hear.

Then there is the 1% jealous jerkoffs that type things like you just did.....

SentToStud 05-27-2008 04:28 PM

A Very Nice Horse To Have. Well Done To Those Who Had Him.

Coach Pants 05-27-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scav
EASY GUY, he was just telling an f'n story, that 99% of the people here would like to hear.

Then there is the 1% jealous jerkoffs that type things like you just did.....

Well there also is the view that this will motivate One Bad Beast to try and top this story.

the_fat_man 05-27-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I hear ya. She was sort of lucky to trip out this time though. Another outside post and the result would have been different IMO.

That's exactly the point, HOSS. This filly had always gotten the poorer trip because she was either outside or routing. But she always tried and, in most of these races, just fell short. Of course, another interpretation would be that she's a hanger and not much.

Breaking from the rail she figured to sit and finally get a decent trip. Guess Fiona Freud didn't appreciate having to do the work Sun as much as she appreciated sitting the trip the time before.

For whatever reason she's become sort of a secondary 'pet' to me. She's in the same barn as my primary pet, Sky Dragon, another renowned hanger, who has finally put it together (somewhat) after one torturous beat after another. Perhaps much of that has to do with the fact that he doesn't like getting sticked and the trainer has obviously realized this (a year after I did, unfortunately) and instructed Maragh as such, given the way he's been ridden his 2 times out this year. Took a while but I finally got in the black with him.

10 pnt move up 05-27-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_fat_man
That's exactly the point, HOSS. This filly had always gotten the poorer trip because she was either outside or routing. But she always tried and, in most of these races, just fell short. Of course, another interpretation would be that she's a hanger and not much.

Breaking from the rail she figured to sit and finally get a decent trip. Guess Fiona Freud didn't appreciate having to do the work Sun as much as she appreciated sitting the trip the time before.

For whatever reason she's become sort of a secondary 'pet' to me. She's in the same barn as my primary pet, Sky Dragon, another renowned hanger, who has finally put it together (somewhat) after one torturous beat after another. Perhaps much of that has to do with the fact that he doesn't like getting sticked and the trainer has obviously realized this (a year after I did, unfortunately) and instructed Maragh as such, given the way he's been ridden his 2 times out this year. Took a while but I finally got in the black with him.

I think every trip handicapper in new york is married to sky dragon....

Bigsmc 05-27-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

true..but he shared this ..funny i had the horse myself..without andy b call..and the funny thing is he was the only other horse that looked like he might do ok vs pop rocker

I agree 100%

freddymo 05-27-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
I can safely say I agree with very little of this.

You do seem to try to interpret a lot of information that really isn't there. This post was just a fun story and a little kick to all those that make silly claims that Beyer is a lousy horseplayer.

And how does any of this relate to DrugS?

The Indomitable DrugS 05-27-2008 09:11 PM

There was a double DQ at Finger Lakes today Freddy - horse that finished 3rd got put up to first.

freddymo 05-27-2008 09:14 PM

I love Finger Lakes

Storm Cadet 05-30-2008 12:14 PM

What does he think of the two S Americans today? 2nd race #4 and 3rd race # 3?
Ron

eajinabi 05-30-2008 12:32 PM

Raja Malek is a new trainer and could very well be the next Paulo Lobo.

10 pnt move up 06-01-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up
I think every trip handicapper in new york is married to sky dragon....

:D :D :D

the_fat_man 06-01-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up
:D :D :D

I was afraid that Garcia would OVER whip him, as Maragh was easy on him last 2 races. And while whipping lefty got him to change leads and straightened him out, it wasn't until he stopped whipping that SD took off, and won easily.

Kasept 01-08-2016 04:55 PM

While looking for something Beyer related, came across this gem of a thread from '08.. Being moved to the Hatton!