Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Triple Crown Topics/Archive.. (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   '17 CROWN TRAIL THREAD: Always Dreaming; Cloud Computing; Tapwrit (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61911)

declansharbor 06-08-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1092515)
Absolute bet against with this new Info..

I was betting against him if he was 1,000% healthy.

MaTH716 06-08-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jms62 (Post 1092515)
Absolute bet against with this new Info..

He can't run. It's setting up to be another Life at Ten Breeders Cup scenario.

declansharbor 06-08-2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaTH716 (Post 1092523)
He can't run. It's setting up to be another Life at Ten Breeders Cup scenario.

That WOULD be ugly man!

FATPIANO 06-08-2017 12:55 PM

In the MEANTIME, J BOYS ECHO TWISTED TOM by LOOKING AT LEE..........

cakes44 06-08-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Charlie (Post 1092487)
No. I honestly don't know what people have seen in Tapwrit.

It has turned into the none-of-the-above campaign of the great Montgomery Brewster. I like Tapwrit, J Boys Echo, and Twisted Tom.

I couldn't be more against IWC. That horse needs 7f so much more than 12f.

FATPIANO 06-08-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakes44 (Post 1092543)
It has turned into the none-of-the-above campaign of the great Montgomery Brewster. I like Tapwrit, J Boys Echo, and Twisted Tom.

I couldn't be more against IWC. That horse needs 7f so much more than 12f.

you have 2 right.............

Hoblin 06-08-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Charlie (Post 1092487)
No. I honestly don't know what people have seen in Tapwrit.

I don't know how Tapwrit will perform Saturday, but if you sincerely want to know what people see in the horse, these are a few of his positive attributes:

1) With the added distance of the Belmont, many fans place pedigree over past performances. Tapwrit is a son of Tapit, who sired Belmont winners Tonalist and Creator. He is out of a dam by Successful Appeal, who sired Derby runner-up Closing Argument.

2) Tapwrit sold at auction for $1.2 million, higher than any other horse in the field. While much is made of the fact that 3-year-olds can improve between April and May, the fact that they can improve just as much between May and June is ignored.

3) Tapwrit will be ridden by Jose Ortiz, who has won 19% of his 150+ races this year at Belmont. Half of the field will be ridden by jockeys with no experience this year at the track, which matters since it is the only racetrack in America with a 1 1/2 mile circumference.

Like I said, I'm not telling you to bet on Tapwrit. These are just some of the reasons that other people ARE betting on Tapwrit.

Best of luck Saturday!

RHT2004 06-08-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoblin (Post 1092590)
I don't know how Tapwrit will perform Saturday, but if you sincerely want to know what people see in the horse, these are a few of his positive attributes:

1) With the added distance of the Belmont, many fans place pedigree over past performances. Tapwrit is a son of Tapit, who sired Belmont winners Tonalist and Creator. He is out of a dam by Successful Appeal, who sired Derby runner-up Closing Argument.

2) Tapwrit sold at auction for $1.2 million, higher than any other horse in the field. While much is made of the fact that 3-year-olds can improve between April and May, the fact that they can improve just as much between May and June is ignored.

3) Tapwrit will be ridden by Jose Ortiz, who has won 19% of his 150+ races this year at Belmont. Half of the field will be ridden by jockeys with no experience this year at the track, which matters since it is the only racetrack in America with a 1 1/2 mile circumference.

Like I said, I'm not telling you to bet on Tapwrit. These are just some of the reasons that other people ARE betting on Tapwrit.

Best of luck Saturday!

Thanks

TouchOfGrey 06-10-2017 08:17 AM

Epicharis is out

Quote:

Jay Privman‏ @DRFPrivman 1m1 minute ago

He was scratched on advice of the NYRA chief examining veterinarian Dr. Anthony Verderosa. Still off in right front.

Epicharis did not pass pre-race vet exam, still off in right front, scratched from Belmont

declansharbor 06-10-2017 09:07 AM

Obviously the right thing to do, but man I was hoping he was healthy and taking the Japanese money in droves. Smart move by the vet, bc as Math stated yesterday, an injury to him during the race would have been a horrific black eye for the sport.

ElPrado 06-10-2017 09:20 AM

Epicharis scratched

Did not pass vet exam this morning.

Alabama Stakes 06-12-2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by declansharbor (Post 1092524)
That WOULD be ugly man!

Speaking of ugly, Sox just beat the Phillies tonight. Cool to see all the philly fillies at the game. They're easy to spot with their beer guts, chipped teeth, and nails bitten down to the quick. A little like the turf club at Parx. :D

declansharbor 06-13-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes (Post 1092973)
Speaking of ugly, Sox just beat the Phillies tonight. Cool to see all the philly fillies at the game. They're easy to spot with their beer guts, chipped teeth, and nails bitten down to the quick. A little like the turf club at Parx. :D

Funny, you'll post this but when Ateam totally obliterates your crybaby Songbird Distaff campaign on another thread, you crawl back under the rock from which you came. That's actually A LOT funnier than this. Come walk downtown Philly during a work day and your mind will be forever changed. Your head, cornrows and all, would be on a swivel! Big facts.

Alabama Stakes 06-13-2017 08:56 AM

On a swivel looking at all the panhandlers ?

RHT2004 07-18-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by declansharbor (Post 1092981)
Funny, you'll post this but when Ateam totally obliterates your crybaby Songbird Distaff campaign on another thread, you crawl back under the rock from which you came. That's actually A LOT funnier than this. Come walk downtown Philly during a work day and your mind will be forever changed. Your head, cornrows and all, would be on a swivel! Big facts.

Lol. Thought you and him were like an item.

raininthrees 05-16-2018 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmayjr (Post 1090813)
I think it's too early to tell for 1 reason- the mud.

Probably 3/4 of the trainers will say "my horse hated the mud" and will try again in the Belmont. I think a lot legitimately believe that.

If/when Always Dreaming smokes them on a dry track, then I'll agree

What a difference a year makes and here we are again.
Justify obviously is the goods, but that was a grueling grueling race, the toughest
event of his young career, can he step up again and be competitive
we shall see.

Not since, I believe smarty jones has a horse won the Preakness
after a Muddy Derby Win.

past casualties mine that bird, super saver, orb, always dreaming

Kasept 05-16-2018 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raininthrees (Post 1109601)
What a difference a year makes and here we are again. Justify obviously is the goods, but that was a grueling grueling race, the toughest event of his young career, can he step up again and be competitive we shall see.

Not since, I believe smarty jones has a horse won the Preakness
after a Muddy Derby Win.

past casualties mine that bird, super saver, orb, always dreaming

Isn't the wet track follow up circumstantial? First, you have Pletcher's 2 Derby winners that only ran in Baltimore because they were Derby winners. Orb was a beneficiary of a meltdown Derby pace. And Mine That Bird WINS Preakness if Rachel Alexandra doesn't jump into the fray after the Jackson acquisition.

raininthrees 05-17-2018 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 1109603)
Isn't the wet track follow up circumstantial? First, you have Pletcher's 2 Derby winners that only ran in Baltimore because they were Derby winners. Orb was a beneficiary of a meltdown Derby pace. And Mine That Bird WINS Preakness if Rachel Alexandra doesn't jump into the fray after the Jackson acquisition.

you know guys like me, bred for all angles outside
the box and especially when concerning historical
numbers are involved in the fray.

good retort about Rachel, you have me there.
we both know muddy tracks change results
and the others mentioned were not even competitive
in their Baltimore pilgrimage. And fittingly for this
occasion, as EA Poe said it best

“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear”

Justify exudes being the goods, but with track
condition, youth(as bubble will burst sometime in next 90 days)
and the sheer fact of, which has not been talked about enough
on how grueling a race that colt ran to win derby, has me in the
diversify with an insurance policy investment. As going into this
race I trust Good Magic to show up and produce quality effort the most.

3 ways to make money in this Preakness race with
the 3 options requiring a tiered, big to small investment

1)
Justify wins and PRESS Good Magic back with pieces and
peeps can flip the two, rinse/repeat

2)
One of the big 2 wins and the other runs off

3)
someone else wins,Yahtzee