PDA

View Full Version : Tiger v Silver Train

Hoisttheflag
05-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Right now I would take Tiger in the Forego. Should be an interesting race up there. The Vosburgh though at BP should give ST a shot. A horse to watch out for in the Forego is Rumspringa.

oracle80
05-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Right now I would take Tiger in the Forego. Should be an interesting race up there. The Vosburgh though at BP should give ST a shot. A horse to watch out for in the Forego is Rumspringa.
Dutrow has already said that Silver Train will not be running at saratoga this year, so forget it. lst year when he ran he cut himself up quite badly in his third place in the Amsterdam. he kept hitting his front legs with his rear shoes and was cut up badly. He has a very unique and strange action, and Belmont appears to be where he runs his best.

Hoisttheflag
05-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Dutrow has already said that Silver Train will not be running at saratoga this year, so forget it. lst year when he ran he cut himself up quite badly in his third place in the Amsterdam. he kept hitting his front legs with his rear shoes and was cut up badly. He has a very unique and strange action, and Belmont appears to be where he runs his best.

Smart move because nobody is beating Tiger right now. I don't think he was kidding about the Suburban.

oracle80
05-30-2006, 01:03 PM
Smart move because nobody is beating Tiger right now. I don't think he was kidding about the Suburban.

Nobody except Anew who crushed him like a grape two starts back and humiliated him.

oracle80
05-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Anew is a former 14 claimer, and he destroyed Tiger and left him gasping. I think before you compare a horse like Tiger to ST, that he has to beat the reformed cheapskate claimer in a rematch in the True North. By the way, ST has now won two grade ones. How many does Tiger have? GOOSE EGG!

Hoisttheflag
05-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Anew is a former 14 claimer, and he destroyed Tiger and left him gasping. I think before you compare a horse like Tiger to ST, that he has to beat the reformed cheapskate claimer in a rematch in the True North. By the way, ST has now won two grade ones. How many does Tiger have? GOOSE EGG!

Tiger was off for two years, yes 2 yrs, and that was his second race back. His numbers in his last two have stamped him as the top sprinter in the country right now and he will only get stronger. ST is a fast horse at Belmont, where I suspect somebody is allowing he to race with a little help. :)

oracle80
05-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Tiger was off for two years, yes 2 yrs, and that was his second race back. His numbers in his last two have stamped him as the top sprinter in the country right now and he will only get stronger. ST is a fast horse at Belmont, where I suspect somebody is allowing he to race with a little help. :)

Translation
Someone here called me on my statement and backed it up with both data and facts. so I will resort to accusing Dutrow of cheating, because I don't have an answer.
If you asked soemone about who Silver train was they would say "OH hes the horse who won the BC Sprint and Met Mile!!!" If you asked someone about Tiger you woud get "Isnt he that damn horse who went off favored a while ago and got destroyed by the 14 claimer?" :)

Hoisttheflag
05-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Translation
Someone here called me on my statement and backed it up with both data and facts. so I will resort to accusing Dutrow of cheating, because I don't have an answer.
If you asked soemone about who Silver train was they would say "OH hes the horse who won the BC Sprint and Met Mile!!!" If you asked someone about Tiger you woud get "Isnt he that damn horse who went off favored a while ago and got destroyed by the 14 claimer?" :)

I didn't say Dutrow was cheating but that horse seems to get faster on that track. Maybe he just likes it or somebody helps set up the track a certain way for him. ST is a nice horse but like Brother Derek he is a one track pony. Let's see how he does outside Belmont where he won his two big races. I guess we have already seen that. His Gulfstream efforts have been atrocious. Just awful. Let's see him at Churchill this fall. I know the son of Storm Boot will be there. He has put up fast times on more than one track.

oracle80
05-30-2006, 01:29 PM
I didn't say Dutrow was cheating but that horse seems to get faster on that track. Maybe he just likes it or somebody helps set up the track a certain way for him. ST is a nice horse but like Brother Derek he is a one track pony. Let's see how he does outside Belmont where he won his two big races. I guess we have already seen that. His Gulfstream efforts have been atrocious. Just awful. Let's see him at Churchill this fall. I know the son of Storm Boot will be there. He has put up fast times on more than one track.

Now if he could only find a way to beat that reformed 14K claimer, he'd be all set!!!!
Seriously, hes a nice horse, I love Jimmy J, but one win in a 5 horse field against grade 3 horses does not make you a divisional leader. I do wish Jimmy the best of luck with this horse and hope he wins a lotta cash.

Hoisttheflag
05-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Now if he could only find a way to beat that reformed 14K claimer, he'd be all set!!!!
Seriously, hes a nice horse, I love Jimmy J, but one win in a 5 horse field against grade 3 horses does not make you a divisional leader. I do wish Jimmy the best of luck with this horse and hope he wins a lotta cash.

He is a very good horse right now. His times have been as good as they get this year. He trounced Pletcher's Bishop Court Hill who beat some of the same horses ST beat yesterday.

oracle80
05-30-2006, 01:38 PM
He is a very good horse right now. His times have been as good as they get this year. He trounced Pletcher's Bishop Court Hill who beat some of the same horses ST beat yesterday.
I watch every race, I know every horse, I'm aware of what he has done. Just busting your stones a bit.
I look at that horse and his record is incredible. I bet him in his debut and he looked great then.
Never understood the ill fated trainer switch though. Since being given back to Jimmy J hes back to his old self. Why the hell would anyone take a horse away from Jimmy J?

Skip away
05-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Didnt Silver Train lose to a reformed claimer in Spooky Mulder in the race before the Met? Granted it was designed as a prep, but he still got soundly beat by a reformed claimer. And the race before that at Gulfstream he barely beat the tractor home at 3/5.

oracle80
05-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Didnt Silver Train lose to a reformed claimer in Spooky Mulder in the race before the Met? Granted it was designed as a prep, but he still got soundly beat by a reformed claimer. And the race before that at Gulfstream he barely beat the tractor home at 3/5.
Spooky Mulder wasnt a 14 claimer!!!!! Hes won about a zillion races.

Cajungator26
05-30-2006, 01:50 PM

I'm not so sure that Brother Derek is a one track horse...

Hoisttheflag
05-30-2006, 01:51 PM

ST is very beatable outside Belmont. In fact he looked so bad at Gulfstream numerous times that you really have to wonder what goes on at Belmont. This entire meet very strange things have been hapenning. NY racing is very sketchy (not always, but in streaks) if you ask me.

Skip away
05-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Wrong! Spooky Mulder ran in claiming races below 14K. Go back to September 2002, you'll see how he is a reformed claimer.

http://www.drf.com/row/pps/spookymulder.pdf

:D

oracle80
05-30-2006, 01:55 PM
ST is very beatable outside Belmont. In fact he looked so bad at Gulfstream numerous times that you really have to wonder what goes on at Belmont. This entire meet very strange things have been hapenning. NY racing is very sketchy (not always, but in streaks) if you ask me.
Hoist its the surface and configuration there. First of all at a mile and a half in size, the turns are sweeping./ Many ouchy horses do not handle turns well. At belmont ouchy horses can corner easier as teh turns are very sweeping and not tight.
2nd of all it is the only sand based oval in NY. The others are soil or a soil/lime blend(the inner at Aque). requires a different action to negotiate it well. Its no news that Belmont has horses who just love the place and horses who hate it. Don't read too much into a horse loving a quirky oval like that.

Hoisttheflag
05-30-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm not so sure that Brother Derek is a one track horse...

He is until he wins a race outside of that track. The CA horses were overrated. Their only wins were on a wet track at aqueduct and a quirky keeneland. They have done nothing in the TC races and I suspect they will show poorly again next week.

Skip away
05-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Nothing wrong with winning big races only at Belmont. He can make a nice career for himself but never will go down as "a great".

Hoisttheflag
05-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Nothing wrong with winning big races only at Belmont. He can make a nice career for himself but never will go down as "a great".

His problem is when he defends his BC Sprint. He will be lucky to finish in the money at Churchill.

oracle80
05-30-2006, 02:54 PM
YOu mean like Rock Hard ten Skip Away? He never won outside of Cali.

Skip away
05-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Shucks, I would never put "Rock Hard Ten" and "Great" in the same sentence Oracle. I was being serious as if you are ever going to have an afinity for one racetrack, Belmont is the #1 place to have it, in any division. Whether you sprint on the dirt or route on the turf. Its the goods.

Hoisttheflag
07-09-2006, 11:16 AM

Yeah, you were giving Anew a ton of respect in this thread. Nice try. :)