PDA

View Full Version : Phil wins this

Gander
06-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Hes got this one wrapped up. 1 shot off the lead playing against a bunch of guys who never win, its over. Phil wins his 3rd major in a row and 4th overall. Almost halfway to Tiger, looks like we have a budding rivalry.

SCUDSBROTHER
06-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Talk about a David and Goliath.My 150-1 shot tied with the chalk going into Sunday.I was very impressed with the way Ogilvy was able to stay close(despite being frustrated with his caddy ,or whatever.)Whoever keeps it straight off the tee gets it.Fat Ferrie was pretty damn good at that today.He is not much putter.So,he can't afford to hit it in the rough at all.I haven't checked ,but he must have been the best off the tee today.

SCUDSBROTHER
06-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Phil Mickelson +2 8/11

Geoff Ogilvy +3 6/1

Kenneth Ferrie +2 17/2

Vijay Singh +5 10/1

Jim Furyk +6 22/1

Colin Montgomerie +5 22/1

Ian Poulter +5 22/1

Padraig Harrington +6 33/1

Steve Stricker +5 33/1

Mike Weir +6 40/1

SCUDSBROTHER
06-17-2006, 07:08 PM
I have already got my moneysworth from this 150-1 shot(Fat Ferrie.) Totally been gaming it the whole way.He would have won about 8-10 tournaments in Europe(instead of 2)if he could putt some.

Gander
06-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Its over. Phil wins this by 3 or 4, shoots a 67 tomorow.

SCUDSBROTHER
06-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Why are you letting us know about an 8/11 shot? Chalkboy.

Gander
06-18-2006, 06:46 AM
Scuds-
Phil is the only one of these guys who knows he can win this. Thinks he can win this.The rest of them are a very fickle crew who dunnno what the fuc-k they want. Phil has to show the rest of them how to do it. Until that happens, and it wont today, this tournament is gift wrapped for this phoney blob and unless you wanna see him playing family man at around 6:20pm tonight on Father's Day, I suggest you go down to Manhattan Beach and order several tacos and drink Coronas until you pass out.

Gander
06-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Only thing that could possibly give Phil problems today is the crazy heat we are in for today. Its already 87 degrees and humid out, suppose to get upwards to about 96 by the time they tee off. He isnt exactly in good shape and I'd have to imagine that will make him more tired than a guy like Vijay Singh who is in better shape and absolutely loves the high heat.

But he should win his 3rd consec major today. I'd be surprised if he doesnt have at least a 3 shot lead after 9 today. These other guys, they dont know what the fu-ck they want.

Bold Brooklynite
06-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Hes got this one wrapped up. 1 shot off the lead playing against a bunch of guys who never win, its over. Phil wins his 3rd major in a row and 4th overall. Almost halfway to Tiger, looks like we have a budding rivalry.
Ummm ... I wouldn't be too certain about that ...

... 'cause there's a guy who's been lurking in the shadows ... named Vijay Singh ... who may have a few tricks of his own.

I make Phil 1-2 ... Vijay 5-2 ... Ogilvy 12-1 ... Furyk 20-1 ... Ferrie 20-1 ... Weir 30-1 ... Harrington 30-1 ... the rest nowhere.

Bold Brooklynite
06-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Phil Mickelson +2 8/11
Geoff Ogilvy +3 6/1
Kenneth Ferrie +2 17/2
Vijay Singh +5 10/1
Jim Furyk +6 22/1
Colin Montgomerie +5 22/1
Ian Poulter +5 22/1
Padraig Harrington +6 33/1
Steve Stricker +5 33/1
Mike Weir +6 40/1

Nutty, nutty odds ... does anyone actually believe that Ogilvy and Ferrie have a better chance of winning this than Vijay?

Or that Montgomerie, Poulter, and Stricker even have a prayer?

Must be some British bookie behind this ... strictly for Eurotrash consumption.

my miss storm cat
06-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Must be some British bookie behind this ... strictly for Eurotrash consumption.
Said the quintessential ugly American.

Bold Brooklynite
06-18-2006, 10:08 AM
A relentless string of unprovoked personal attacks ...

... when will this be brought to an end?

my miss storm cat
06-18-2006, 10:17 AM
A relentless string of unprovoked personal attacks ...

... when will this be brought to an end?
This is certainly not a personal attack..... it's a reaction to seeing the phrase "Eurotrash".

Remember Turkey? I know I'll never forget your offensive and shameful posts.

So you see I'm doing you a favor here and reminding you not to start up with that crap again.

Bold Brooklynite
06-18-2006, 10:57 AM
This is certainly not a personal attack..... it's a reaction to seeing the phrase "Eurotrash".

Remember Turkey? I know I'll never forget your offensive and shameful posts.

So you see I'm doing you a favor here and reminding you not to start up with that crap again.
Then take it up with Agent Q ... the person who actually made the posts about Turkey.

Stop denying that you're personally attacking me at every opportunity ... it's obvious to everyone ... and repulsive to everyone.

my miss storm cat
06-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Then take it up with Agent Q ... the person who actually made the posts about Turkey.

Stop denying that you're personally attacking me at every opportunity ... it's obvious to everyone ... and repulsive to everyone.
Excuse me Sir but, unfortunately for me, I have an exceptional memory and can recite various horrific and disturbing suggestions made by you and the other two members of the Unholy Trinity. I'll not name them.

The suggestions (and I'll clean up the language a tad) to wipe an entire country off the face of the earth qualifies as offensive. Taunting a poster for the sole reason that his first language is not English is disturbing enough, but you took it a step - or many steps - further. The sadistic and relentless manner in which you proceded to ridicule him for over a year? That Sir in where my anger stems from.

I'm not personally attacking you. Like I said, the "Eurotrash" comment reminded me of other comments. I believe I'm allowed to state an opinion here without asking your permission.

oracle80
06-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Excuse me Sir but, unfortunately for me, I have an exceptional memory and can recite various horrific and disturbing suggestions made by you and the other two members of the Unholy Trinity. I'll not name them.

The suggestions (and I'll clean up the language a tad) to wipe an entire country off the face of the earth qualifies as offensive. Taunting a poster for the sole reason that his first language is not English is disturbing enough, but you took it a step - or many steps - further. The sadistic and relentless manner in which you proceded to ridicule him for over a year? That Sir in where my anger stems from.

I'm not personally attacking you. Like I said, the "Eurotrash" comment reminded me of other comments. I believe I'm allowed to state an opinion here without asking your permission.

I dislike Eurotrash as well.
hey did any of you guys here that the French elevated the terror threat this morning?
They elevated it from run to hide.

oracle80
06-18-2006, 12:02 PM
No maam, I AM the ultimate ugly american. I look down on all people not from America and think that we are far superior in every way shape and form to any other people on this earth by a wide margin.
I do not think that we should have to learn anyone elses language in this land, they should learn ours. This is in fact the USA, land of the free and the home of the brave.
Were it not for the USA all of Europe would be dining on schnitzel right now and speaking German.
I take being an obnoxious American as the greatest compliment that anyone can pay me.
But really, you have to understand that noone on this board cares about your past lives, any of you, over at TTimes. Noone cares whatsoever. Its become quite apparent that none of you really like horses and that all you want to do is find some place in cyber space to speak with your buddies. Best of luck to you on that, but please stop thinking that anyone here cares.

Bold Brooklynite
06-18-2006, 12:18 PM
No maam, I AM the ultimate ugly american. I look down on all people not from America and think that we are far superior in every way shape and form to any other people on this earth by a wide margin.
I do not think that we should have to learn anyone elses language in this land, they should learn ours. This is in fact the USA, land of the free and the home of the brave.
Were it not for the USA all of Europe would be dining on schnitzel right now and speaking German.
I take being an obnoxious American as the greatest compliment that anyone can pay me.
But really, you have to understand that noone on this board cares about your past lives, any of you, over at TTimes. Noone cares whatsoever. Its become quite apparent that none of you really like horses and that all you want to do is find some place in cyber space to speak with your buddies. Best of luck to you on that, but please stop thinking that anyone here cares.
Agree ... agree ... agree ... and agree.

Hey ... you've run the table, my man!

somerfrost
06-18-2006, 12:20 PM

LOL...well, I do like Chinese food and the French do make some good wines...then again, Euro beer is vastly overrated!

Bold Brooklynite
06-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Getting back to the original topic ...

... does anyone believe that Ogilvy and/or Ferrie have a better chance to win this than Vijay?

I don't think Phil has a lock on this ... Vijay is just as experienced and accomplished ... and only three strokes back.

somerfrost
06-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Getting back to the original topic ...

... does anyone believe that Ogilvy and/or Ferrie have a better chance to win this than Vijay?

I don't think Phil has a lock on this ... Vijay is just as experienced and accomplished ... and only three strokes back.

I agree...I see this as a two man race!

Bold Brooklynite
06-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Ogilvy won it as much as Mickleson and Montgomerie lost it.

He made clutch shots on 17 and 18 .... while all the others were appling up.

Singh is on the downside of his career ... a few years ago he would have pounced on a situation like this ... today he just hung around and had a nice Top 10 finish ... but no trophy.

Parimutuels:

Ogilvy $26.80 ... 4.20 ... 2.10

Mickleson ......... 2.40 ... 2.10

Montgomerie ................ 2.10

Exacta $45.00 Trifecta $165.20

pgardn
06-18-2006, 07:28 PM
The only reason this thread even exists is Tiger Woods.
He is sitting and he is the game in the US today.

Thats what I find interesting. One man saved Golf.