PDA

View Full Version : TVG Fantasy League

scrimshaw
01-19-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm curious, are there any folks that are playing in the TVG fantasy league that started in late December? If so, I thought we could get a thread going for most probable graded stakes winners in February. Anybody want to throw a few out there? My current stable is:

Preachinatthebar
Lava Man
Sweetnorthernsaint
Strong Contender
Miesque's Approval
Rahys' Appeal
Quick Little Miss
Kelly's Landing
Sir Greeley
Brother Derek
Three Degrees (IRE)
E Z Warrior

I'm currently in third place overall with a couple stellar months to start off. By the way, you only get points for U.S. races...I kind of got screwed on Miesque's Approval going Canadian.

Sightseek
01-19-2007, 10:46 PM
It's the Canadian Turf at Gulfstream he is going in on the 3rd of February.
I'm like 102nd....in other words you're kicking my butt! :D

scrimshaw
01-20-2007, 09:14 AM
I probably would have EVENTUALLY figured that out. But, I thought they were pointing him toward the Donn and then I saw Canadian turf but didn't look to see where that is run! I thought it odd to be running a BC winner in Canada in February, but I guess I was just surprised they didn't run him in the Donn when they could.

SniperSB23
02-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Well, I'm a total moron. Set my lineup in one of my two private leagues but forgot to in the other private league and most importantly the public league. So much for 23rd overall.

scrimshaw
02-03-2007, 12:26 PM
I picked Strong Contender as one of my Grade I's and he's scratched. Not as bad as your situation but still sucks. :(

SniperSB23
02-03-2007, 12:28 PM
I picked Strong Contender as one of my Grade I's and he's scratched. Not as bad as your situation but still sucks. :(

I probably hate that horse more than any horse on the planet but still picked him since I could only find four Group 1 horses running tomorrow. I changed it this morning in the other two groups in hopes that it will count but I highly doubt it since the rules clearly say midnight the night before.

scrimshaw
02-03-2007, 12:34 PM
I agree with you about just trying to fill a spot. Most people are proabably in the same boat as me. There's a dearth of horses in the Grade I category to pick from for today. I put Preachin' in for tomorrows SA stakes and also Ball Four since you can only run so many active in a day. I put the two running tomorrow in reserve. Hey, you can still get some points for tomorrow if you add them today...which I'm sure you know, but just throwing that out there.

SniperSB23
02-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I agree with you about just trying to fill a spot. Most people are proabably in the same boat as me. There's a dearth of horses in the Grade I category to pick from for today. I put Preachin' in for tomorrows SA stakes and also Ball Four since you can only run so many active in a day. I put the two running tomorrow in reserve. Hey, you can still get some points for tomorrow if you add them today...which I'm sure you know, but just throwing that out there.

Yeah, I have Preachin in reserve now, going to wait to see if I get the points before swapping out others.

SniperSB23
02-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Mother &@^#&*@$^@&*$^&*@!!!

654 points in the one league I remembered to set my lineup. 469 in the two I didn't (including the public league). I would be in 13th in the public league, instead I am in 161st. Talk about a major F up.

Edit - and Costa Rising romps giving me 25 more points that don't count in the public league. God I am an idiot.

scrimshaw
02-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Well, I wasted one of my Grade I spots with Jazil this weekend!!! Yeah, I know, way to go. Why did I think he was running this weekend!?!? He's supposed to run again on Mar. 3. Oh well, still 14th with that goof.

lemoncrush
02-05-2007, 08:26 AM
I don't think there was any spots to waste in the G1 group this weekend.
I think there were only 4 horses in that group that actually ran.

If you're in the top 200 I think you still have a shot.
So many big graded stakes races in the next 3 months...most of the people who are in the top 30 right now knew exactly how the game worked.
A lot of people didn't really understand how you can completely change your lineup each month, therefor took horses the first month that didn't even race.

Sightseek
02-05-2007, 08:30 AM

So many big graded stakes races in the next 3 months...most of the people who are in the top 30 right now knew exactly how the game worked.
A lot of people didn't really understand how you can completely change your lineup each month, therefor took horses the first month that didn't even race.

I'm within the Top 100, but it's soooo frusterating when you have horses you want to add and they are not on the list.

scrimshaw
02-05-2007, 08:49 AM

Well, like I said earlier, I put Jazil in and obviously he didn't run. So, the one I wasted was Scat Daddy.

SniperSB23
02-05-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm sitting at 716 in my one league and 506 in the two I forgot to copy my picks over to. Looks like Drugs is sitting in third at 786.

lemoncrush
02-06-2007, 10:28 AM
I was miffed because I had Naissace Royal in reserve on Saturday for some reason. I swear I didn't, but fishy things happen with that site. Always good to double check...because of those points I dropped down to around 160th.
Feb. should be interesting, though.
My G1 horses for the month are Balance, Siren Lure, Circular Quay, Dreaming of Anna and Cash included.

scrimshaw
02-06-2007, 10:31 AM
i'm with you on the GI's except I have foxysox instead of balance.

SniperSB23
02-06-2007, 11:56 AM
For the month I have:

1 Balance
2 Cash Included
3 Dreaming of Anna
4 Ah Day
5 Siren Lure

1 Dreadnaught
2 Baroness Thatcher
3 Ermine
4 Jump On In
5 Downthedustyroad
6 Sugar Shake
7 Einstein (BRZ)

I really need the connections of Einstein to do the smart thing and put him in one of easiest G1s you'll see in the Gulfstream BC Handicap. I really liked Ah Day and Siren Lure in the General George and San Carlos until I saw they could be facing Sweetnorthernsaint and Proud Tower Too so it might not be an easy G2 win I was hoping for.

lemoncrush
02-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Here's my Feb. lineup.
I added Ashkal Way without knowing if they actually have a race planned for him. I wasn't sure who was heading to the G1 turf race at GP at the end of the month (Assumed Einstein, maybe Gun Salute, Go Deputy, etc....same cast as last year) Also took Hard Spun despite knowing that the SW stakes is non-graded.
Almost added Octave to the G1 horses, but wasn't sure if she's running this month or not. I assume EZ Warrior should run in the San Vincente this weekend.

1 Cash Included
2 Circular Quay
3 Siren Lure
4 Dreaming of Anna
5 Balance

1 Downthedustyroad
2 Quick Little Miss
3 Hard Spun
4 Notional
5 E Z Warrior
6 Master Command
7 Ashkal Way

Sightseek
02-06-2007, 12:53 PM
My Stable:
Circular Quay
Balance
Appealing Zophie
Cash Included
Dreaming of Anna

Downthedustyroad
EZ Warrior
Ermine
Total
Baroness Thatcher
Jump on In
Silmaril

Bit worried I went to deep in the fillies races, but there wasn't much other information on horses running later in the month.

scrimshaw
02-06-2007, 01:32 PM
1 Dreaming of Anna
2 Foxysox (GB)
3 Circular Quay
4 Cash Included
5 Siren Lure

1 Downthedustyroad
2 Rahys' Appeal
3 E Z Warrior
4 Sugar Shake
5 Hard Spun
6 Quick Little Miss
7 Einstein (BRZ)

Garrett Gomez
David Flores

Todd Pletcher
Gary Contessa

lemoncrush
02-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Seems like everyone has somewhat similar G1 lineups.
Does anyone know how they determine which horses are in the G1 group and which are in the g2 group?

Why is Invasor in the G2 group, while a horse like Don'tbotherknocking is in the G1 group?
Strange formula, whatever it is.

Sightseek
02-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Seems like everyone has somewhat similar G1 lineups.
Does anyone know how they determine which horses are in the G1 group and which are in the g2 group?

Why is Invasor in the G2 group, while a horse like Don'tbotherknocking is in the G1 group?
Strange formula, whatever it is.

No idea, but agree it is a strange formula! Also, they have a few retired or dead horses on both lists.

scrimshaw
02-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I think the TVG intern is the fantasy league administrator. :p

The Indomitable DrugS
02-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Some dude who seems to have multiple entries in the contest used Latent Heat a lot.

Am I wrong, or is he skipping the San Carlos and not running again until the Carter..at AQU in April?

I can't believe no one in the top six, besides me, used Downthedustyroad---as she figures to be the post time favorite in a Grade 1 race over the weekend.

I don't like the way she is coming into the race---having shipped to KEE to sell at auction, and only having one slow work since....but how do you not use a filly who will be a post time favorite, in a Grade 1 race, when involved in a contest like that?

Sightseek
02-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Some dude who seems to have multiple entries in the contest used Latent Heat a lot.

Am I wrong, or is he skipping the San Carlos and not running again until the Carter..at AQU in April?

I can't believe no one in the top six, besides me, used Downthedustyroad---as she figures to be the post time favorite in a Grade 1 race over the weekend.

I don't like the way she is coming into the race---having shipped to KEE to sell at auction, and only having one slow work since....but how do you not use a filly who will be a post time favorite, in a Grade 1 race, when involved in a contest like that?

I haven't read any differently on Latent Heat.

SniperSB23
02-06-2007, 02:49 PM

I haven't heard anything about Latent Heat running before the Carter. I was surprised by a lot of the picks among the top six.

JudyGold
02-06-2007, 04:46 PM
Something is not right with this horse. She has been nominated in 3 or 4 stakes races sine the start of SA and still has yet to run. Plus I am concerned with the gap in her workouts:

02/06/2007 HOL 3F :37.80 All Weather Track Fast H
01/17/2007 HOL 5F 1:01.40 All Weather Track Fast H
01/10/2007 SA 4F :49.00 Dirt Fast H
12/24/2006 HOL 4F :49.60 All Weather Track Fast H

scrimshaw
02-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Antaz,

Do you have multiple entries in the public league? I see about 5 stables in the top 50 that begin with antaz...??? What's up with that?!?

I decided to take a risk on foxy because I think she's capable and others didn't have her (well, not too many others). Hopefully, whatever has been causing her to scratch is fixed soon and she goes back to racing. Fingers crossed.

JudyGold
02-06-2007, 05:12 PM
No

But my 2 brothers have an entry and so does my sister.( 4 in the top 20 including myself)

I'm hoping that Frankel has a change of heart and enters in the San Carlos. Lanten Heat has been working very well

SniperSB23
02-07-2007, 02:48 PM
From today's Santa Anita notes:

In other La Canada news: Bob Baffert said Downthedustyroad, winner of the Grade I La Brea Stakes, will pass the final leg of the La Canada series. “She’s got a little problem,” Baffert said, “but she’ll be back.”

I'm assuming that means she'll miss the Santa Maria. Just wonderful.

This isn't good news for those of you with Silmaril:

Pussycat Doll, winner of the Grade I Santa Monica Handicap at seven furlongs on Jan. 28, worked three furlongs Wednesday at Santa Anita in :36.40 for her next race, which likely will be the $300,000 Barbara Fritchie Breeders’ Cup Handicap at Laurel on Feb. 17. “That’s our only option right now,” Bob Baffert said of the Grade II race at seven furlongs.

Sightseek
02-07-2007, 02:49 PM

In other La Canada news: Bob Baffert said Downthedustyroad, winner of the Grade I La Brea Stakes, will pass the final leg of the La Canada series. “She’s got a little problem,” Baffert said, “but she’ll be back.”

Pussycat Doll, winner of the Grade I Santa Monica Handicap at seven furlongs on Jan. 28, worked three furlongs Wednesday at Santa Anita in :36.40 for her next race, which likely will be the $300,000 Barbara Fritchie Breeders’ Cup Handicap at Laurel on Feb. 17. “That’s our only option right now,” Bob Baffert said of the Grade II race at seven furlongs.

Baffert is out to get my stable. :mad:

SniperSB23
02-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Baffert is out to get my stable. :mad:

He really is:

Baffert added that Zayat Stables’ undefeated 3-year-old E Z Warrior would miss Sunday’s Grade II San Vicente Stakes. “He has a little foot issue,” Baffert said of the $1.2 million son of Exploit, “but he’ll be OK.

Sightseek
02-07-2007, 03:00 PM
He really is:

Baffert added that Zayat Stables’ undefeated 3-year-old E Z Warrior would miss Sunday’s Grade II San Vicente Stakes. “He has a little foot issue,” Baffert said of the $1.2 million son of Exploit, “but he’ll be OK.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :mad:

lemoncrush
02-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Wow...that is bad news on all fronts.
Does anyone know if Exhale is going in the San Vincente?
I think Steve Haskins wrote yesterday that he hasn't worked since his maiden win 2-1/2 weeks ago.

Sightseek
02-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Wow...that is bad news on all fronts.
Does anyone know if Exhale is going in the San Vincente?
I think Steve Haskins wrote yesterday that he hasn't worked since his maiden win 2-1/2 weeks ago.

Exhale news here:

http://www.drf.com/news/article/82423.html

Sightseek
02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Foxysox isn't running either.

The Indomitable DrugS
02-08-2007, 12:22 AM

Yes---not good news at all.

It would have been nice to know this all one day sooner......

Something tellls me I'm going to have a very bad month.....and it's all thanks to Baffert.

lemoncrush
02-08-2007, 12:36 PM
It is bad news...but I think most people would have EZ Warrior and/or Down the Dusty Road in their lineup, so it will affect the majority of teams. It also hurts if you chose Baffert as your trainer (like I did).
Since Pletcher horses aren't running under his name this weekend, I felt it was worth the risk not to pick him this month.

I just thought it was odd Baffert was thinking about shipping Pussycat Doll to Larel. Graded races for filly and mare sprinters must be few and far between this time of year.

SniperSB23
02-08-2007, 12:43 PM
It is bad news...but I think most people would have EZ Warrior and/or Down the Dusty Road in their lineup, so it will affect the majority of teams. It also hurts if you chose Baffert as your trainer (like I did).
Since Pletcher horses aren't running under his name this weekend, I felt it was worth the risk not to pick him this month.

I just thought it was odd Baffert was thinking about shipping Pussycat Doll to Larel. Graded races for filly and mare sprinters must be few and far between this time of year.

Outside of the new BC race there are only 4 G1 sprints for filly/mares on the entire year. The Santa Monica she just ran in, the Humana Distaff is at Churchill in May, the Princess Rooney is at Calder in July, and the Ballerina is at Saratoga in August. So she'd better get used to shipping if they plan to run her in any G1s. There are only even 9 G2s for them to choose from. After the Barbara Fritchie they could choose between the Shirley Jones at Gulfstream or the Distaff BC at Aqueduct in March. The next G1 or G2 in California isn't until the A Gleam in July.

The Indomitable DrugS
02-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm in 6th now, 50 points back.

I have five horses left still, and only one 1 other person in the top 18 has as many runners left.

I don't think I will get beat up this month, as bad as I thought I might going into last weekend.

The Latent Heat guy with multiple entries seems to have guessed right, Frankel is now intending to run him in the San Carlos--and probably will unless he gets an unfavorable weight assignment---or the horse doesn't come into the race doing outstanding.

Sightseek
02-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm in 6th now, 50 points back.

I have five horses left still, and only one 1 other person in the top 18 has as many runners left.

I don't think I will get beat up this month, as bad as I thought I might going into last weekend.

The Latent Heat guy with multiple entries seems to have guessed right, Frankel is now intending to run him in the San Carlos--and probably will unless he gets an unfavorable weight assignment---or the horse doesn't come into the race doing outstanding.

I think I recall seeing Latent Heat worked in the last few days. Nice job in 6th...I'm at 71 or so with only one horse left to run in the month and she'll probably get her butt handed to her by Pussycat Doll.

The Indomitable DrugS
02-12-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't think Pussycat Doll was nominated to the Fritchie at Laurel, I think she might be staying home this weekend

Sightseek
02-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Hopefully that means good things for Silmaril.

SniperSB23
02-13-2007, 08:56 AM
725 in the two leagues I didn't change my lineup that one day which puts me in 91st. 935 in the one I did change that would put me just behind Drugs in 7th. I have Siren Lure, Ah Day, Einstein and Dreadnaught left this month.

RAWSKILLZ
02-13-2007, 11:54 AM
A lot of people didn't really understand how you can completely change your lineup each month, therefor took horses the first month that didn't even race

That is what has me so far back. I set my stable and didnt bother to read the dang rules. Oh well I guess that is what I get huh? And I also didnt realize that this month you could have switched your horses twice, once at the start of the month and then right after all the big races on Sat. Double crap. Now that is what I get for not paying attention I guess.

The Indomitable DrugS
02-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Pussycat Doll wasn't supplemented to Saturday's Grade 2 Barbara Fritchie at Laurel---which should make Silmaril's job a little easier.

The Indomitable DrugS
02-14-2007, 05:16 PM
A lot of people didn't really understand how you can completely change your lineup each month, therefor took horses the first month that didn't even race

That is what has me so far back. I set my stable and didnt bother to read the dang rules. Oh well I guess that is what I get huh? And I also didnt realize that this month you could have switched your horses twice, once at the start of the month and then right after all the big races on Sat. Double crap. Now that is what I get for not paying attention I guess.

I made one mess up, it was between Jan 2nd-to-Jan 5th, which probably cost me only 20 or 30 points max....but after I saw my ranking falling, I started to realize you could make day-to-day changes before the 5th of the month.

Luckily for me, there weren't many points to be gained at that time. Mostly jockey and trainer points, and one "Grade 2 category" horse ran 2nd in a 65K AQU stake.

lemoncrush
02-20-2007, 10:33 AM
I think March is going to be the month where things really get shaken up.
Even if you were slow to start, the lack of Graded Stakes races in JAN and FEB made it difficult to make progress. It seemed everyone had nearly the same stable of G1 horses, and a few in the G2 group as well.

By my count, there's seven..... yes seven Gr 1 or II races the weekend of March 3rd (during the all important add/drop period) and nearly 40 graded stakes races for the entire month of March.
No longer will you see so many people with the similar stables.
Plenty of opportunities to move up or down.

green
02-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Those who have Dreaming of Anna be advised she is entered this Sunday in the turf stakes at GP.

The Indomitable DrugS
02-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I think March is going to be the month where things really get shaken up.
Even if you were slow to start, the lack of Graded Stakes races in JAN and FEB made it difficult to make progress. It seemed everyone had nearly the same stable of G1 horses, and a few in the G2 group as well.

By my count, there's seven..... yes seven Gr 1 or II races the weekend of March 3rd

I really hope things don't get shaken up that much---as I will be the leader going into March.

But, I feel kind of like I'm setting a real slow pace on the lead....as I've lost a few key photos, and made a few mistakes and fell into a few traps. Hopefully I can have a big March and get a lot of seperation.

I think a lot of people sitting from like 12th-to-75th will now start to take a lot of chances....a few of them will be rewarded and shoot way up in the standings, but a good deal of them will probably miss, and take themselves out of it.

Anyone who isn't in the top 20 at the end of March will probably be too far back to win.

SniperSB23
02-25-2007, 10:39 AM
I really hope things don't get shaken up that much---as I will be the leader going into March.

But, I feel kind of like I'm setting a real slow pace on the lead....as I've lost a few key photos, and made a few mistakes and fell into a few traps. Hopefully I can have a big March and get a lot of seperation.

I think a lot of people sitting from like 12th-to-75th will now start to take a lot of chances....a few of them will be rewarded and shoot way up in the standings, but a good deal of them will probably miss, and take themselves out of it.

Anyone who isn't in the top 20 at the end of March will probably be too far back to win.

Yeah, congrats on first but I must admit I'm a bit surprised there aren't people with a lot more points too. I'm sitting in 76th in the public league despite losing all those points on March 3rd where I only set my lineup in one of the three leagues. In that one I'm right at 1,000 which would put me in 5th in the public and I've made my share of mistakes (besides the obvious devestating one). I'm kind of torn at this point between taking risks on the extremely slim chance I can make a move or just playing it straight and seeing how many points I can get in my thoroughbrednet group so I can really kick myself in the end. There are so many races in March that I can probably play it straight and still have different horses from a lot of the people ahead of me. But if I get the chance to pick against an expected chalk horse I don't particularly like I will probably do so. I think you can be lower than 20th in March and still crack the money but it will be extremely difficult to win unless you catch an unlikely Derby/Preakness winner.

lemoncrush
02-26-2007, 10:59 AM
The key is trying to find out who is going to be running in all the big races towards the end of the month.
And the other is really being at the mercy of who TVG adds to the list of G1 horses. With deep fields expected for the G1 Kilroe Mile, GP Handicap, Santa Anita handicap, etc... it would be nice if there was more to choose from than Lava Man in the G1 group.

RAWSKILLZ
02-27-2007, 12:04 AM
I am going to try to be one of the smart ones and change my horses twice this weekend.hehe I am getting my list of horses running over the whole weekend together. I got slammed by the ones that did this last month.

lemoncrush
02-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I am going to try to be one of the smart ones and change my horses twice this weekend.hehe I am getting my list of horses running over the whole weekend together. I got slammed by the ones that did this last month.

Yes...tons of point opportunities this weekend, and then you can reload your stable on Monday for the rest of March (assuming points have been awarded and updated).
One interesting note. The Florida Derby is on March 31st this year, forcing you to hang on to your favorite horses from the Hutcheson and/or Fountain of Youth.
There's well over 20 Grade1 and Grade2 races in March, and a slew of G3s and other stakes. If you guess wrong on a few races, you can really get buried due to so many opportunties for everyone to get points.

Sightseek
02-28-2007, 01:15 PM
The Three Year old Fantasy Contest will be available for sign-up this week-end too.

green
03-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Looks like they only added G2 horses this time around.

lemoncrush
03-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Looks like they only added G2 horses this time around.

Yes, that's hilarious...
Give us 150 horses to choose from that are potentially running in March in the G2 area, and give us maybe 10 to choose from in the g1.
They still have horses that are well into their retirement listed, then they don't even add Corinthian, who will be the favorite in the GP handicap this weekend.
It's a free contest, so I'm not complaining, it just seems simple to categorize the horses in a more logical manner.

Sightseek
03-01-2007, 12:31 PM
They didn't add Corinthian?! :eek:

green
03-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Trying to debate if it's worth adding the Delta horses for tomorrow, then having to stay up on the East Coast to change em' AFTER they officially score.

Eh, I'm 85th. I'm out of it anyway.

mclem10011
03-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Nobiz Like Shobiz
Lava Man
Great Hunter
Adore the Gold

Birdbirdistheword
Rehoboth
E Z Warrior
Weigellia
Latent Heat
Storm in May

Jockeys- Eddie Castro
Kent Desormeax
Trainers- Todd Pletcher
Barclay Tagg
I joined later however, so my ranking blows! Lookin forward to seeing how it will change after this weekend. Lookin forward to seeing Birdbirdistheword in the Louisana Derby.

Sightseek
03-01-2007, 08:00 PM
All I have to say is thank goodness my boyfriend plays this as well because for the next 3 days I'll be devoted to the Contest, but those are some decent prizes to be battling for!

Sightseek
03-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Trying to debate if it's worth adding the Delta horses for tomorrow, then having to stay up on the East Coast to change em' AFTER they officially score.

Eh, I'm 85th. I'm out of it anyway.

I'm not too many in front of you and still feel that we both have a pretty good shot. Not having Latent Heat at all stung, but if you look at the points, someone could make some serious ground in the Triple Crown races.

green
03-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm not too many in front of you and still feel that we both have a pretty good shot. Not having Latent Heat at all stung, but if you look at the points, someone could make some serious ground in the Triple Crown races.

Yeah I know...I should have pulled the trigger but I have to be at work early Saturday.

I'll have to make up for it with the rest of my March picks!

Sightseek
03-02-2007, 11:09 PM
So I made a pretty big move into 59th, however, if I had the same points as in a private league I'd be 11th.

TVG took FOREVER to credit the stables tonight...I got my Bagdaria points, but I dropped No Sleep 40 seconds after midnight and didn't get her points....doubtful I get the points for Bayeux too now :mad: Big gamble trying to get the points tonight but it paid off pretty well with this one exception.

green
03-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Scat Daddy...on the bench :(

AND KIP DEVILLE...WHEN I COULD HAVE SWAPPED HIM FOR THE SCRATCHED ARSON SQUAD!!!

XIIPointStables
03-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Anyone got any bright ideas for mapping out March?

lemoncrush
03-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Got some nice points yesterday (missed having scat daddy), but had Molengo, Silent Name, Bayeux, etc..
Gained some more ground today with Silver tree, Old dodge and Wait a While.
Still not quite in the top 100, but hopefully March will be a better month.

lemoncrush
03-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Anyone got any bright ideas for mapping out March?

It's tough. Time to guess who is in the Florida Derby on March 31st...
There's so many G1 and G2 races left (with fields TBD) that you can either go the safe route and take obvious picks (Any given saturday in the Tampa Bay Derby) or take some chances on horses who can win G1s later in the month, but may not end up making the race.

XIIPointStables
03-04-2007, 07:54 PM
It's tough. Time to guess who is in the Florida Derby on March 31st...
There's so many G1 and G2 races left (with fields TBD) that you can either go the safe route and take obvious picks (Any given saturday in the Tampa Bay Derby) or take some chances on horses who can win G1s later in the month, but may not end up making the race.

Agreed. Or load up on the horses who are nominated and likely to run next weekend.

Three year olds are a catch 22 - you can get a good idea for where they are bring pointed (unlike some of the older horses) but any minor injury or change and you might get nothing for a whole month.

lemoncrush
03-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Agreed. Or load up on the horses who are nominated and likely to run next weekend.

Three year olds are a catch 22 - you can get a good idea for where they are bring pointed (unlike some of the older horses) but any minor injury or change and you might get nothing for a whole month.

The 3-year olds are pretty well mapped out for the next 2 weekends, as are the stakes at Fairgrounds and Santa Anita (and Oaklawn in 2 weeks).
That's where most of the people will load up.
If you can find a few horses towards the end of the month, you could do realyl well.

lemoncrush
03-06-2007, 10:29 AM
My Stable for the rest of March.
Still can't quite break the top 100, but hoping March is a better month.
Took some obvious chances with the GII stable, and must have changed my lineup 4 times yesterday. :confused:

G1
Balance
Round Pond
Circular Quay
Appealing Zophie
Adore the Gold

Grade II
Zanjero
Master Command
Leah's Secret
Ermine
Rags to Riches
Stormy Kiss
Any Given Saturday

Garrett Gomez
David Flores

Todd Pletcher
Nicholas Zito

SniperSB23
03-06-2007, 10:44 AM
I went with:

Balance
Appealing Zophie
Round Pond
Cash Included
Adore the Gold

Sugar Shake
Rags to Riches
Master Command
Obrigado (FR)
Any Limit
Magnolia Jackson
Notional

Gomez
Flores

Pletcher
J Jerkens

XIIPointStables
03-06-2007, 11:14 AM
GI
1 Circular Quay
2 Balance
3 Round Pond
4 King's Drama
5 Scat Daddy

Grade II
1 Master Command
2 Rags to Riches
3 Attila's Storm
4 Sugar Shake
5 Notable Guest
6 Ermine
7 Noble Court

Sightseek
03-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Moved up to 52nd...not sure how much the point positioning will change through the month as it seems most in the Top 50 have the same horses give or take a Scat Daddy or an Adore the Gold. Leah's Secret is the biggest hope I have to make a move...Go Girl Go! :D

SniperSB23
03-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Obrigado to Dubai. Wonderful, he was one I was counting on to take down that G2 and give me some points that most ahead of me wouldn't get.

XIIPointStables
03-13-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm relying on Noble Court and Notable Guest to make up any ground.

I'm 48th but everyone has the same horses....

sundaysilenceforever
03-28-2007, 11:07 PM
I am hoping for Jambalaya to help me make up ground. I took a shot that he will enter into the Pan American.

Is there a DT league here for the 3 year old challenge game coming up on the 31st?

lemoncrush
03-29-2007, 09:40 AM
I am hoping for Jambalaya to help me make up ground. I took a shot that he will enter into the Pan American.

Is there a DT league here for the 3 year old challenge game coming up on the 31st?

No DT league as of yet, but I'm sure someone will set something up.

April is going to be a strange month for this contest. For the first time, there's literally no stakes races bring run within the first 5 days of the month that qualify (Sunday's races on April 1 won't count unless a horse is running that you already had in your stable from March).

Everyone will be well aware who is running in all the G1 derby preps, but if you choose wrong, you could be in trouble. Lots of big (non derby prep) races at Aqueduct, Keenland and Oaklawn this month, too.

The Indomitable DrugS
04-02-2007, 05:00 PM
I went from having a 7 point lead going into March to having a 6 point lead going into April. The 2nd place guy didn't use Round Pond---if she didn't tank I would be in great shape. The 3rd place guy is over 100 points back.

I liked Ketchican A LOT more than Circular Quay in the LA Derby---but, because of the styles of the two horses, I went with the tact of using CQ and not Ketchican---and making Al Stall my secondary trainer. However, I think it might have been a moot point, as Ketchican might not have been available. Anyway, it worked out for me.

In the 3-year-old contest, I had an excellent start---the only two horses I used last week were Scat Daddy and Notional---and I used Street Magician's trainer as my secondary trainer.

Hopefully I can win them both.

Sightseek
04-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I went from having a 7 point lead going into March to having a 6 point lead going into April. The 2nd place guy didn't use Round Pond---if she didn't tank I would be in great shape. The 3rd place guy is over 100 points back.

I liked Ketchican A LOT more than Circular Quay in the LA Derby---but, because of the styles of the two horses, I went with the tact of using CQ and not Ketchican---and making Al Stall my secondary trainer. However, I think it might have been a moot point, as Ketchican might not have been available. Anyway, it worked out for me.

In the 3-year-old contest, I had an excellent start---the only two horses I used last week were Scat Daddy and Notional---and I used Street Magician's trainer as my secondary trainer.

You're getting NO sympathy from me! :p Nice job...I've been hanging on 50th or so place for so long I might have to change my stable name to Dynever.

lemoncrush
04-02-2007, 08:03 PM
April is going to be tough, and May...well, that's going to be crazy.
There's enough stakes races this weekend to fill up your lineup 3 times over, and Keenland has plenty of stakes action the next few weeks following.

I got killed not having Scat Daddy or Notional yesterday (went with adore the gold) but am still holding out hope to finish strong.

sundaysilenceforever
04-02-2007, 08:54 PM

Thats great! Jambalaya did move me up to 17th. I know I am too far behind to win, but if I finish in the top 10, Ill be thrilled.

In the 3 yr old contest, I think I already made a mistake with my stable and have to decide to burn an "add" for a horse I want for this weekend. Its a challenge to be thinking about conserving the "adds" you can make until June 9th!

Sightseek
04-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Thats great! Jambalaya did move me up to 17th. I know I am too far behind to win, but if I finish in the top 10, Ill be thrilled.

In the 3 yr old contest, I think I already made a mistake with my stable and have to decide to burn an "add" for a horse I want for this weekend. Its a challenge to be thinking about conserving the "adds" you can make until June 9th!

You definitely have a shot to finish in the money...after DrugS and the other guy most people are pretty tightly packed. Lots of points to be made up creatively with so many stakes in the ending months.

SniperSB23
04-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Played against Circular Quay and against Scat Daddy to try and move up and got burnt. Pretty much killed any chances I had of getting back in the game. Even with my mishap of only changing horses in one of three groups on Donn Day the one stable I did change would only be in 30th in the public league now (would have been 6th at the start of the month).

lemoncrush
04-03-2007, 10:34 AM
I think everyone should get points for April, as all the fields for the G1 races are pretty well established.
But in May, with the Derby being worth even more points and a 20 horse field, things could get shaken up.
Not to mention the stakes races on Oaks day, and all the other G1 and G2 races on Derby day. If you're not near a computer Friday and Saturday to make changes, you could be in trouble.

The Indomitable DrugS
04-03-2007, 01:35 PM
With exception to the Wood---all of these weekend stakes are coming up very deep and contentious.

I think someone as far back as about 25th could possibly move into 3rd on the basis of landing on the right horses in many of the key weekend stakes. It may take an inside-straight, plus a bad showing by the top two, for someone in places 3rd through about 12th to move into 1st---but that isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I'm not confident at all in many of these races going into this week....but, as a very expierenced handicapper, I know these weekend races will be skull busters for everyone else--and not just me. They are very competitive races, and the favorite doesn't have much of an edge in any of them.

lemoncrush
04-03-2007, 02:54 PM
With exception to the Wood---all of these weekend stakes are coming up very deep and contentious.

I think someone as far back as about 25th could possibly move into 3rd on the basis of landing on the right horses in many of the key weekend stakes. It may take an inside-straight, plus a bad showing by the top two, for someone in places 3rd through about 12th to move into 1st---but that isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I'm not confident at all in many of these races going into this week....but, as a very expierenced handicapper, I know these weekend races will be skull busters for everyone else--and not just me. They are very competitive races, and the favorite doesn't have much of an edge in any of them.

I think you're right on in the Apple Blossom and Oaklawn Handicap.
The stakes at Santa anita will be very tough, too.
I think the Oaklawn Fantasy, Wood & Carter ayt Aqeduct and Ashland at Keenland will all be fairly chalky, however. You just got to pick the right chalk.

:D

sundaysilenceforever
04-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Well stables are picked and closed out for the month of April. This is the LEAST confident I have felt since the beginning of the contest...I thought it was tough this time for some reason...not really sure why. I feel like I will be taking a tumble...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Good luck, everybody :)

lemoncrush
04-06-2007, 08:06 AM
April is tough, but there's plenty of places to get your points.
I don't see a lot of room to gain ground on the leaders until next month.
Here's the stable I went with. Pretty safe, but with a few curveballs thrown in.
Grade 1
Cotton Blossom
Octave
Showing Up
Nobiz Like Shobiz
Street Sense

Grade II
Any Given Saturday
Sam P.
Latent Heat
Cobalt Blue
Ermine
Smokey Stover
Curlin

JockeysDivison

1st Call John Velazquez
2nd Call David Flores

TrainersDivison
Trainer I Todd Pletcher 36
Trainer II Barclay Tagg

sundaysilenceforever
04-06-2007, 08:32 AM
I really wanted to put Showing Up in there, but I figured that would be a sure way for Barclay to decide at the last minute not to enter him in the Maker's Mark! :rolleyes:

Sightseek
04-06-2007, 08:32 AM
My Stable:

Grade I
Round Pond
Cotton Blossom
Octave
Nobiz
Great Hunter

Grade II
Any Given
Cobalt Blue
India
Latent Heat ** I think I must have gone back and forth 'tween he & Silver Wagon like 20 times...
Sam P.
Level Red
Curlin

Jocks:
JV
Flores

Trainers:
Pletcher
Jerkins

sundaysilenceforever
04-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Latent Heat ** I think I must have gone back and forth 'tween he & Silver Wagon like 20 times...

Me too! C'mon Latent Heat!!!

Sightseek
04-06-2007, 09:29 AM

Ha, ha! Seriously...the biggest mistake I made in this entire contest is never having him in my stable, so I have this feeling that now that I added him he is going to lose.

PPerfectfan
04-06-2007, 10:19 PM
I got home from work and just went to try and change my horses and the box to add/drop horses is not there. The rules said we had till today at midnight eastern time, so I had untill 11!!!! I am so screwed I had a bunch of horses from today and was going to change my horses tonight for all the races tomm and next weekend. Of course I emailed TVG but I am sure I will not hear from them till Monday or never. Boy I am going down in flames for sure. I would have had
[U]Grade 1:
Nobiz
Great Hunter
Octave
Round Pond
STreet Sense
Liquidity

Grade 2:
Cowtown Cat
Cobalt Blue
Latent Heat
Boboman
Magna Graduate
Cornithan

sundaysilenceforever
04-06-2007, 10:40 PM
I got home from work and just went to try and change my horses and the box to add/drop horses is not there. The rules said we had till today at midnight eastern time, so I had untill 11!!!! I am so screwed I had a bunch of horses from today and was going to change my horses tonight for all the races tomm and next weekend. Of course I emailed TVG but I am sure I will not hear from them till Monday or never. Boy I am going down in flames for sure. I would have had
[U]Grade 1:
Nobiz
Great Hunter
Octave
Round Pond
STreet Sense
Liquidity

Grade 2:
Cowtown Cat
Cobalt Blue
Latent Heat
Boboman
Magna Graduate
Cornithan

The game cuts off at the end of the 5th day of the month, which is midnight on the 6th, last night. That's a bummer....sorry that happened to you :(

PPerfectfan
04-07-2007, 12:16 AM
The game cuts off at the end of the 5th day of the month, which is midnight on the 6th, last night. That's a bummer....sorry that happened to you

Aww hell I really cant tell time!:rolleyes: Thats what I get for trying to pull a fast one. Oh well atleast the horses I had today all made me points.

Sightseek
04-09-2007, 02:54 PM

Darn it! :mad:

India didn't help my case either by breaking her tongue tie before the race, but honestly I thought she would run super-well or badly and few people added her. I slipped back to 59th, I hope you did much better!

lemoncrush
04-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I seriously considered adding in Tiago instead of Sam P late last week (since I was so far back in the standings) but he wasn't on the list! Still could get some more points this week with Street Sense, Curlin and Showing Up.

sundaysilenceforever
04-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Darn it! :mad:

India didn't help my case either by breaking her tongue tie before the race, but honestly I thought she would run super-well or badly and few people added her. I slipped back to 59th, I hope you did much better!

Yeah, Latent Heat hurt. So did Ermine, which I went back and forth with Round Pond for that one, and Corinthian's gate antics killed me as well. I slipped to 20th. I only have one more horse running this month...Curlin!

Sightseek
04-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah, Latent Heat hurt. So did Ermine, which I went back and forth with Round Pond for that one, and Corinthian's gate antics killed me as well. I slipped to 20th. I only have one more horse running this month...Curlin!

I have him too...hopefully this one pulls through for us! :)

The Indomitable DrugS
04-09-2007, 10:12 PM
To quote Trevor Denman "They would need to sprout wings to catch" .....me

Assuming Price Tag doesn't win, and Curlin doesn't get hurt before the Ark Derby, it will probably take some magic for anyone other than the 2nd, 3rd, or 5th place guy to beat me.

sundaysilenceforever
04-09-2007, 10:15 PM
To quote Trevor Denman "They would need to sprout wings to catch" .....me

LOL, yes, thats true! Kinda looking forward to starting over with the summer/fall game (assuming they have one and TVG is even still around then!) :D

PPerfectfan
04-09-2007, 11:05 PM
I got my times mixed up and missed the deadline for Friday night, but my horses for Friday all kicked butt, so I did make points. I would have gotten points for Cowtown,Boboman,AGS and Silver Wagon. I am 11th in the 3yr old contest though. I am sure that will not last long so I gotta gloat now.lol:D

Sightseek
04-14-2007, 08:04 PM
slipping....further....down...list... :( :(

The Indomitable DrugS
04-14-2007, 08:16 PM
The Curlin win was key for me...it gives me a 100 point cushion. I hope I don't choke....

I'm in 128th place in the 3yo contest, but I still have 11 moves left. I wasn't smart enough to use Domincan today...I think I could make a run into the top 10 or 20, but winning will probably be tough.

SniperSB23
04-14-2007, 08:24 PM
The Curlin win was key for me...it gives me a 100 point cushion. I hope I don't choke....

I'm in 128th place in the 3yo contest, but I still have 11 moves left. I wasn't smart enough to use Domincan today...I think I could make a run into the top 10 or 20, but winning will probably be tough.

Nice work in the regular contest. I'm sitting in 27th in the 3yo contest with 7 moves left. Most ahead of me have used up almost all their moves so I like my chances.

Sightseek
04-14-2007, 08:26 PM

I do like the normal fantasy contest more than the 3 year old contest but both have been a lot of fun toward free money.

Looks like the leaders of the 3yo fantasy either didn't know the 16 move rule or just figured they would gain enough ground to not matter. Sniper is somewhere in the 20-30 range , so I guess I'll just root for him and hope I somehow pull it back together in the main contest and get out of these horrid 60's.

The Indomitable DrugS
04-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Nice work in the regular contest. I'm sitting in 27th in the 3yo contest with 7 moves left. Most ahead of me have used up almost all their moves so I like my chances.

Thanks.

I'm 80 points behind you in the 3yo one, so, I basically need to make each extra move to be worth 20 points to catch you. Which is very do-able, but I have a really bad feeling with this years 3yo crop. You're probably in a better spot than me.

I've actually almost convinced myself that I will be betting Any Given Saturday in the Derby.....which only underlines how bad of a gauge I have on these 3yo colts right now.

The Indomitable DrugS
04-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I do like the normal fantasy contest more than the 3 year old contest but both have been a lot of fun toward free money.

Yeah, I really think both of them are a lot of fun....and there is a good mix of handicapping and strategy involved.

I hope they continue them......the way TVG is losing tracks....they might not even be around that much longer.

Sightseek
04-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I really think both of them are a lot of fun....and there is a good mix of handicapping and strategy involved.

I hope they continue them......the way TVG is losing tracks....they might not even be around that much longer.

Between these contests and the production they've put together for the Keeneland meet I'd really hate to see them go...

The Indomitable DrugS
04-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Between these contests and the production they've put together for the Keeneland meet I'd really hate to see them go...

I agree.

However, I wouldn't exactly mind seeing Poly-track at KEE go.

SniperSB23
04-15-2007, 10:26 AM
I agree.

However, I wouldn't exactly mind seeing Poly-track at KEE go.

Call me crazy but capping Keeneland yesterday was actually the most fun I've had capping in a while. Of course after Aqueduct on Wood day I think anything would have seemed fun.