PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Trip

FlBred
01-17-2007, 03:44 PM
I am going to be making my first trip to Saratoga this year, probably the 1st weekend of August. I live in Florida, what is the best airport to fly into? I dont mind flying in to a place and driving 30-60 minutes If I can get a better rate that way.

Also, any advice on where to stay in Toga? Where to hang out?:D

SniperSB23
01-17-2007, 03:48 PM
I am going to be making my first trip to Saratoga this year, probably the 1st weekend of August. I live in Florida, what is the best airport to fly into? I dont mind flying in to a place and driving 30-60 minutes If I can get a better rate that way.

You'll want to fly into the Albany Airport which is about 20 miles south of Saratoga. No advice on where to stay in Saratoga although you could probably save some money by staying in Albany and getting a rental car (assuming you aren't planning on drinking a lot in Saratoga). There are tons of places to hang out around the Caroline St/Main St area. I'd recommend trying as many out as you have time for.

GPK
01-17-2007, 03:49 PM

fly into Albany....and hang out at the track...all day...morning works...then the races. After the races...hitch a ride to the Saratoga Harness facility...they have simulcast. They have wonderful food and adult beverages offered there as well. The draft beer is generally warmer than the pizza

Sightseek
01-17-2007, 03:50 PM
fly into Albany....and hang out at the track...all day...morning works...then the races. After the races...hitch a ride to the Saratoga Harness facility...they have simulcast. They have wonderful food and adult beverages offered there as well. The draft beer is generally warmer than the pizza

Hitch a ride? It's not that far to walk!

FlBred
01-17-2007, 03:51 PM

LOL, Thanks! I was thinking maybe some saratoga night life after a full day at the ponies may be a wlecome change, but the harness track is a close 2nd!!

GPK
01-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Hitch a ride? It's not that far to walk!

well...the guy was going that way anyways...he was kind enough to offer:o

GPK
01-17-2007, 03:55 PM
LOL, Thanks! I was thinking maybe some saratoga night life after a full day at the ponies may be a wlecome change, but the harness track is a close 2nd!!

true...getting sh*tfaced at The Wine Bar is a close 2nd:D

Sightseek
01-17-2007, 03:55 PM
In the Paddock section there is a thread "Saratoga Area Dining" which may be helpful.

Also, if shopping is your thing, make sure you hit every gift shop on Broadway...they rock! :) (especially Impressions of Saratoga)

FlBred
01-17-2007, 03:57 PM
In the Paddock section there is a thread "Saratoga Area Dining" which may be helpful.

Also, if shopping is your thing, make sure you hit every gift shop on Broadway...they rock! :) (especially Impressions of Saratoga)

Actually I am more into the all day gambling and drinking, then off to the bars for some more drinking and company of beautiful ladies! How are the ladies in Toga on a routine weekend?

I can shop at home, but thanks....all suggestions are welcomed!

Sightseek
01-17-2007, 03:57 PM
well...the guy was going that way anyways...he was kind enough to offer:o

Lazy butt! Just kidding
Everyone in my office thinks it's insane to actually use the free parking or to park on Fifth Street because to them, the walk is soooo long. :rolleyes:

Sightseek
01-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Actually I am more into the all day gambling and drinking, then off to the bars for some more drinking and company of beautiful ladies! How are the ladies in Toga on a routine weekend?

I'll have to step down and let the guys answer this! :D
(Siro's is a must after the track stop though. :) )

GPK
01-17-2007, 03:59 PM

um....honestly....if your gonna be drinking, are you really gonna give a sh*t what the ladies look like?? They will all be beautiful after drinking all day:eek:

Cajungator26
01-17-2007, 04:07 PM
um....honestly....if your gonna be drinking, are you really gonna give a sh*t what the ladies look like?? They will all be beautiful after drinking all day:eek:

Yep, and if you still care, just double bag em. :D

FlBred
01-17-2007, 04:15 PM

Um....Yeah I still care......would you rather be in a place where there are good looking ladies or a place where they look like they are related to rosie odonell?

paisjpq
01-17-2007, 04:43 PM

there are plenty of easily accessed hotels in town...although the rates double during racing:(
one caveat....BOOK EARLY...the first weekend in August will be hard to get a room if you wait since the yearling sale starts on the 6th...between the consigners and the buyers getting rooms are in high demand.

GPK
01-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Um....Yeah I still care......would you rather be in a place where there are good looking ladies or a place where they look like they are related to rosie odonell?

Rosie is ugly???:eek: :eek:

Sightseek
01-17-2007, 05:02 PM
there are plenty of easily accessed hotels in town...although the rates double during racing:(
one caveat....BOOK EARLY...the first weekend in August will be hard to get a room if you wait since the yearling sale starts on the 6th...between the consigners and the buyers getting rooms are in high demand.

That is such a great weekend though between the sales and hall of fame day. (plus some OK stakes races)

FLbred, Closing weekend is probably the best bet for fair pricing. With the long holiday and the Woodward now being on the Monday you get a lot of racing action...although this year it was already cool fast.

If money isn't an issue, stay for the week of Travers. Every night there is something going on, but I'd book now. :)

dellinger63
01-17-2007, 06:09 PM

Saratoga allows cans to be brought in (I'm talkin 30 pack cases). Ladies at the TRACK are incredible. It's more of a concert crowd than the average racetrack crowd and alhough some will surely argue, Siro's just outside the track had more post-race eye candy than any club here in Chicago.That's where you can find me opening w/e with a bunch of others here.
PS I had awesome b-bque inside the track at a place called Carolna B-b-que. Hope it's still there this summer.

DJK
01-17-2007, 07:39 PM
On the other hand, if money is an issue - or you'd just like more gambing money - there's an inexpensive Econolodge in Latham, just north of the airport in Albany.

If you can stay for the Hall of Fame ceremonies, by all means do so. If you can stay Tuesday for the sales in the evening, it's kinda fun. Where else can you find yourself looking over a yearling while standing beside a Hall of Fame trainer? Leave yourself time to visit the National Museum of Racing.

I generally do day trips to Saratoga with my husband, grown children, or friends, so know little about the nightlife, and prefer to not even try to comment on the comliness of the women. I do try, at least once a year, to just stroll down Broadway on a Friday or Saturday evening, just for the enjoyment of it.

I always try to use the free parking down behind the police station, off Lake, when I'm going downtown. Always use the free parking at the track. It can be a trudge, but I find it rather fun. (The shuttle buses are a kind of funhouse ride.)

The crowds there are, well, crowds, but generally good natured.

I find it well worthwhile to do the $2 clubhouse upgrade. I generally carry in a folding chair and rarely have a reserved seat, so I find the best viewing is in the clubhouse area, both on the rail, or up above the seats.

SniperSB23
01-17-2007, 08:22 PM

If that is what you are looking for then definitely hit up Siro's after the track and then head on to Gaffney's on Caroline St later.

Gander
01-31-2007, 01:25 PM
If anybody would be interested in renting a small house for any weekend of Saratoga track season this year, let me know. I have a freind at work looking to rent his place for weekends.

Those DT'ers looking to come up this year should really think about pitching in and getting his place.

I will have price information if you want it.

Cajungator26
01-31-2007, 01:40 PM
If anybody would be interested in renting a small house for any weekend of Saratoga track season this year, let me know. I have a freind at work looking to rent his place for weekends.

Those DT'ers looking to come up this year should really think about pitching in and getting his place.

I will have price information if you want it.

Gander, can you PM me with the info? Thanks.

Gander
01-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Yes. I just spoke to him, he is a very good friend of mine.
The price will depend on who it is renting it. I was thinking that it would be perfect for like yourself, Scavs, Curt and anyone else thinking they were coming up here opening weekend. Its not huge, but it will work.

The best is the location...very close to the track. 5 minute walk at most. Maybe even less than that.

Cajungator26
01-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Yes. I just spoke to him, he is a very good friend of mine.
The price will depend on who it is renting it. I was thinking that it would be perfect for like yourself, Scavs, Curt and anyone else thinking they were coming up here opening weekend. Its not huge, but it will work.

The best is the location...very close to the track. 5 minute walk at most. Maybe even less than that.

Awesome... thanks for the info.

Gander
01-31-2007, 02:00 PM
I will need you guys to collaborate and get me a head count of whos in and whos not. He has other people interested and needs some sort of commitment within the next month.

I cant stress enough how hard it is to get hotels near the track. Virtually impossible unless you want to pay $350-400 a night. Most people opt to stay somewhere within driving distance but to get the full experience, if you can stay at a place where you dont have to drive at all its huge.

Again, the price will depend on how many are staying.

Cajungator26
01-31-2007, 02:13 PM
I will need you guys to collaborate and get me a head count of whos in and whos not. He has other people interested and needs some sort of commitment within the next month.

I cant stress enough how hard it is to get hotels near the track. Virtually impossible unless you want to pay $350-400 a night. Most people opt to stay somewhere within driving distance but to get the full experience, if you can stay at a place where you dont have to drive at all its huge.

Again, the price will depend on how many are staying.

Where is Kev staying? I mean, who all is for sure going? If we're talking about opening weekend, that's when I'm going.

Gander
01-31-2007, 02:16 PM
From what I know, its Kev, Scavs and Curt for sure. Maybe Dell, but he would probably be staying with his buddies from Chicago in a hotel like last year. Kev stayed with me but my place is very small and I will leave it up to him on whether he might want to stay in this house instead.

I live about a 10 min walk from the track and this place is half that distance.

But yes, it is opening weekend for sure. I would assume you would want this place at least Friday & Saturday night. That would work out fine.

Cajungator26
01-31-2007, 02:31 PM
From what I know, its Kev, Scavs and Curt for sure. Maybe Dell, but he would probably be staying with his buddies from Chicago in a hotel like last year. Kev stayed with me but my place is very small and I will leave it up to him on whether he might want to stay in this house instead.

But yes, it is opening weekend for sure. I would assume you would want this place at least Friday & Saturday night. That would work out fine.

From what I know right now, Dell might be able to help me on the hotel situation, but I'll keep you posted.

MisterB
02-12-2007, 11:46 AM
If money is no problem, then book Saratoga, if you want to save some cash, stay in Latham. Only 20 minutes to the track, if you leave real early, or expect to wait on the Northway, and Broadway. Siro's is must stop, if you never been there, but over rated in my opinion. Cans only, no glass. If you want a table, get the at 6:30, put a cover on it, then you can leave and come back, nobody will mess with your table.

See ya in August

:D

NJ Doug
02-12-2007, 12:32 PM
The Parting Glass is a decent Irish Pub that a few of the Jockey's, Trainers, & Exercise Riders frequent in the evenings during the meet.
On Nelson Ave right across from the track is a place to get a decent breakfast after the morning works...not sure but I think the name is The Horseshoe.
In and Around the The Jim Dandy Bar in the clubhouse there are frequently fine two legged filllys with very nice conformation...
Just outside the Jim Dandy is a big sceen monitor that many of the trainers and jockey agents watch the races and replays from...

2MinsToPost
02-13-2007, 03:12 AM

I am not certain on what weekend yet, so don't include me on the head count on the house rental. Also, as long as her health is ok, I am going to bring my Grandmother along. She saw Toga during the ESPN broadcast and made it a point to tell me she wanted to go sometime soon.

Gander
02-13-2007, 07:58 AM
I am not certain on what weekend yet, so don't include me on the head count on the house rental. Also, as long as her health is ok, I am going to bring my Grandmother along. She saw Toga during the ESPN broadcast and made it a point to tell me she wanted to go sometime soon.

His place would be perfect for you and your Grandma. You wouldnt have to drive anywhere all weekend once you get to his place. I dont think anyone realizes how hard it is to find hotels here, so I wouldnt wait too long. Hard to get gamblers to want to spend money on anything besides vouchers, I know that!

dellinger63
02-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Yea we're going for sure and will be staying in a hotel though the house sounds great. Some other DTers will be with us but heck it will be one big party at the track and afterwards.

dellinger63
02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
A full-blooded Irishman might fly in from Dublin for this one....

Princess Doreen
02-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Been frequenting Saratoga since I was a kid. Virginia in winters. Saratoga for the summer. You might google motels in South Glens Falls. The Horse Shoe bar on Nelson Ave. is another great get-together place after the races. Good food, decent prices, great music, and a young crowd.

MajestikMX
02-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Just a couple of minutes walk from the track is Leon's Mexican Restaurant owned by Jockey Filiberto Leon. Awesome Margaritas and great food.
Lots of Jocks frequent as well, Met a few last year as well as local legend "BOB M." ( Filiberto's father in law) whom I had great conversations with while enjoying a smoke and a drink out in front watching the fillies go by.
Enjoy, be there opening day with the FP Crew!!!
www.leonsmexicanrestaurant.com

dellinger63
02-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Just a couple of minutes walk from the track is Leon's Mexican Restaurant owned by Jockey Filiberto Leon. Awesome Margaritas and great food.
Lots of Jocks frequent as well, Met a few last year as well as local legend "BOB M." ( Filiberto's father in law) whom I had great conversations with while enjoying a smoke and a drink out in front watching the fillies go by.

you forgot to mention his awesome wife!!!

Hickory Hill Hoff
02-22-2007, 03:31 PM

Am I invited???

MajestikMX
02-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Am I invited???
Of Course Hoffy!! You just have wheel my cooler back to the lot!!
It's a long walk with a chair, cooler and the form back to the lot.

blackthroatedwind
02-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Horseplayers LEAVE restaurants when jockeys come in....we certainly don't go looking for them.

dellinger63
02-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Horseplayers LEAVE restaurants when jockeys come in....we certainly don't go looking for them.

and RUN when jock agents arrive?

MajestikMX
02-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Never said I went looking for them, I just happened to be having the Cadillac of Margaritas when they came in, Santos(whom I lost a huge tri on that day but kept that to myself) and I believe Migs was coming in as I was leaving and Bob intro. me to as well. Couple of others but had too many Margaritas to remember. They were very cordial and thank us for being fans of the sport. Not many other athletes or famous folks can say the same IMO.

Cajungator26
02-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Never said I went looking for them, I just happened to be having the Cadillac of Margaritas when they came in, Santos(whom I lost a huge tri on that day but kept that to myself) and I believe Migs was coming in as I was leaving and Bob intro. me to as well. Couple of others but had too many Margaritas to remember. They were very cordial and thank us for being fans of the sport. Not many other athletes or famous folks can say the same IMO.

I agree.

blackthroatedwind
02-23-2007, 12:38 PM
I agree.

I don't.

I am taking nothing away from the vast majority of riders, and their pretty much extremely generous behavoir in Saratoga, but compared to other " athletes " and famous people they are hardly well known, nor do they act differently than most.

One of my close friends is a well known movie actor and he is unbelievably gracious to everybody who stops him on the street or sees him publicly. Certainly everybody is not quite as generous, but most are within reason, just like the riders. To say that " not many others " behave in that manner is grossly unfair.

Sightseek
02-23-2007, 12:48 PM
I don't.

I am taking nothing away from the vast majority of riders, and their pretty much extremely generous behavoir in Saratoga, but compared to other " athletes " and famous people they are hardly well known, nor do they act differently than most.

One of my close friends is a well known movie actor and he is unbelievably gracious to everybody who stops him on the street or sees him publicly. Certainly everybody is not quite as generous, but most are within reason, just like the riders. To say that " not many others " behave in that manner is grossly unfair.

I bet Dixie is pretty gracious towards all of his fans too.

blackthroatedwind
02-23-2007, 12:51 PM
I bet Dixie is pretty gracious towards all of his fans too.

How did you know that's who I meant?

Cajungator26
02-23-2007, 01:04 PM
I don't.

I know a few "famous" folks myself that are gracious and friendly as well, but I think it's fair to say that the MAJORITY of famous people are not so gracious. Furthermore, while the jockeys are not considered well known to you, they are to other people who may not be as deep into the racing industry as yourself. I would say that since you are considered an insider, you couldn't possibly think of the jockeys as famous people and therefore you can't judge. :p

blackthroatedwind
02-23-2007, 01:14 PM
I know a few "famous" folks myself that are gracious and friendly as well, but I think it's fair to say that the MAJORITY of famous people are not so gracious. Furthermore, while the jockeys are not considered well known to you, they are to other people who may not be as deep into the racing industry as yourself. I would say that since you are considered an insider, you couldn't possibly think of the jockeys as famous people and therefore you can't judge. :p

You don't understand. In Saratoga, the riders are well known, as frankly am I, but in the outside world very few people know who they are. That is a fact.

While the famous people I know are in the film business, and I have spent time with more than a few, the're almost all extremely gracious to everybody that speaks to them. Perhaps in other segments of supposed " famous " people this is not true. There are jerks in all walks of life....and any famous person that doesn't return their fan's adoration with generosity is completely out of line, within reason, as without those people they would be nothing.

MisterB
02-23-2007, 01:21 PM
I give out autographs all the time

Cajungator26
02-23-2007, 01:22 PM
You don't understand. In Saratoga, the riders are well known, as frankly am I, but in the outside world very few people know who they are. That is a fact.

While the famous people I know are in the film business, and I have spent time with more than a few, the're almost all extremely gracious to everybody that speaks to them. Perhaps in other segments of supposed " famous " people this is not true. There are jerks in all walks of life....and any famous person that doesn't return their fan's adoration with generosity is completely out of line, within reason, as without those people they would be nothing.

I DO understand, Andy... but what I'm saying is that to people who are racing fans, the jockeys and YOU are famous. For example, you may not give a shiat about NASCAR and therefore the drivers of the cars are nameless to you (thus not famous), but to a diehard NASCAR fan, they are famous. To each their own is all I'm saying.

blackthroatedwind
02-23-2007, 01:25 PM
OK. My real argument is the suggestion that jockeys somehow act differently than other " famous people " with their graciousness. That is unfair and untrue.

MajestikMX
02-23-2007, 01:31 PM

Getting back to the original question, I was just suggesting a nice place to go after the races to have a few cocktails, some good food, and great atmosphere with Jocks or without. I'm sorry BTW that I and apparently quite a few of the members, longstanding or new, are not worthy of expressing our viewpoints in your company.

To this, I say "GOOD DAY!!"

Cajungator26
02-23-2007, 01:32 PM
OK. My real argument is the suggestion that jockeys somehow act differently than other " famous people " with their graciousness. That is unfair and untrue.

Ok, fair enough. You win. :D

Regardless... hope I get to meet you and everyone else up at Toga. I need to book my flight still, but it sounds like it's going to be awesome.

blackthroatedwind
02-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Getting back to the original question, I was just suggesting a nice place to go after the races to have a few cocktails, some good food, and great atmosphere with Jocks or without. I'm sorry BTW that I and apparently quite a few of the members, longstanding or new, are not worthy of expressing our viewpoints in your company.

To this, I say "GOOD DAY!!"

It's a message board. People have a right to comment on what is posted. It is not our concern if you don't like being disagreed with. Nobody was the least bit out of line....other than you with this post perhaps.

randallscott35
02-23-2007, 03:25 PM
I don't.

Ron Jeremey is not a famous movie actor Andy, cmon.

blackthroatedwind
02-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Ron Jeremey is not a famous movie actor Andy, cmon.

At least spell his name right. The dude has certainly earned that.

Did you see him at Saratoga a couple years ago?

randallscott35
02-23-2007, 03:31 PM
At least spell his name right. The dude has certainly earned that.

Did you see him at Saratoga a couple years ago?

I don't know him as well as you which is why I can't spell his name right. LOL....No, he was in Toga? Attracting all the heavyweights up there.

paisjpq
02-23-2007, 03:34 PM
I don't know him as well as you which is why I can't spell his name right. LOL....No, he was in Toga? Attracting all the heavyweights up there.

certainly an apt description for him

blackthroatedwind
02-23-2007, 03:35 PM

Yeah, he was there one day in 2005.

Remind me when you see me to tell you the funny related story.

randallscott35
02-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Yeah, he was there one day in 2005.

Remind me when you see me to tell you the funny related story.

Will do.

GPK
02-23-2007, 11:28 PM
the most "famous" person I have spent the most time with is a formal professional athelete. Im very proud to call him a friend and know that if I ever need a single thing, he is a phone call away. I have seen the way that he has treated the "general public" and I promise you that many people could stand to take a lesson from him in humility.

boswd
03-02-2007, 02:37 PM
I do believe what BTW is trying to convey is that to compare the graciousness of jockeys compared to other famous people is unfair, is that even though at Saratoga, Keeneland and maybe some other places they may be treated like celebraties but all in all they will go through most of the year not being pestered for autographs, hounded by the paparazzi, not being able to leave their confines without people hounding them. thus leaving them to be more gracious and actually enjoy the attention of some fame.
As with famous actors, athletes, entertainers, who are more widely known, who can't go to the store for a gallon of milk, they sometimes won't be so gracious with the fans etc because it has worn them down.

MajestikMX
03-03-2007, 10:19 AM
I do believe what BTW is trying to convey is that to compare the graciousness of jockeys compared to other famous people is unfair, is that even though at Saratoga, Keeneland and maybe some other places they may be treated like celebraties but all in all they will go through most of the year not being pestered for autographs, hounded by the paparazzi, not being able to leave their confines without people hounding them. thus leaving them to be more gracious and actually enjoy the attention of some fame.
As with famous actors, athletes, entertainers, who are more widely known, who can't go to the store for a gallon of milk, they sometimes won't be so gracious with the fans etc because it has worn them down.

Like Manny being Manny, Just Kiddin'. BTW & ME resolved this in private, I do see the point. Huge Sox fan here in Upstate NY, and that doesn't mean Orange, Westchester and Putnam CO. (those are Downstate regardless of what they think) short trip to The SPA, we don't get NESN, just wondering if you've caught any Spring Tr. yet?

boswd
03-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Like Manny being Manny, Just Kiddin'. BTW & ME resolved this in private, I do see the point. Huge Sox fan here in Upstate NY, and that doesn't mean Orange, Westchester and Putnam CO. (those are Downstate regardless of what they think) short trip to The SPA, we don't get NESN, just wondering if you've caught any Spring Tr. yet?

Caught a few games so far. I am oringinally an Upstate NY'er as Well. 45 mins west of Albany, small town called St. Johnsville. Grew up going to the Spa and still make the annual pilgrimage every year and have turned many of friends here on to the place.
Always seem to be a good number of Red Sox fans in upstate, I think it's great.

estreetposse
03-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Caught a few games so far. I am oringinally an Upstate NY'er as Well. 45 mins west of Albany, small town called St. Johnsville. Grew up going to the Spa and still make the annual pilgrimage every year and have turned many of friends here on to the place.
Always seem to be a good number of Red Sox fans in upstate, I think it's great.

Home of the Purple and Gold, the Schoff's and well that's about it. Just kidding!!

Your team just won Boys Hoop Sectionals, I grew up and still live in a small town out there, Home of the Hilltoppers!!! Small world ain't it!!:D

boswd
03-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Home of the Purple and Gold, the Schoff's and well that's about it. Just kidding!!

Your team just won Boys Hoop Sectionals, I grew up and still live in a small town out there, Home of the Hilltoppers!!! Small world ain't it!!:D

LOL LOL Holy Crap, Fort Plain Huh? One of the Schoff's was atwedding out here in November.

estreetposse
03-06-2007, 10:06 AM
LOL LOL Holy Crap, Fort Plain Huh? One of the Schoff's was atwedding out here in November.

Class of '93 @ FP, Played summer ball for Roger Weaver & Jason Brundage
for American Legion.

Hickory Hill Hoff is FP guy too, lives outside of Fonda now, in School early '80's
Capper for the Amsterdam Recorder, @ the Spa all the time, I can only make it a few times a meet(wife doesn't let me & busy work season)
Also have a few other pals connected to ST. J who go to track lots.

boswd
03-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Wow this is really a small world. Jason Brundage graduated a year ahead of me< I know him very well, I graduated with his wife in '88. I know Roger Weaver personally as well.
I don't know if they still do it but for year and year The restaurant Ripie's on Rt 5 ST.J would go over every Monday at The Spa and get the same spot and bring tons of food and beer. Great Tradition.

Hopefully we can run into each other at the track this year.

estreetposse
03-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Not sure if The Ripepi guys still do that or not, I do play in the Hosehead Golf Tourney every year that Reggie, oops, Roger puts on, I see Jason occasionally as he is Athletic Dir. and I Ref. girls soccer. Our FP crew goes every opening day, you might know Pat Hanifin(Jeanette Carter Husb) is one, Tom Pavlus and a few other in that late 80's era.

Hickory Hill Hoff
03-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Not sure if The Ripepi guys still do that or not, I do play in the Hosehead Golf Tourney every year that Reggie, oops, Roger puts on, I see Jason occasionally as he is Athletic Dir. and I Ref. girls soccer. Our FP crew goes every opening day, you might know Pat Hanifin(Jeanette Carter Husb) is one, Tom Pavlus and a few other in that late 80's era.

The St. J gang is over there every Monday...John, Keene and even Floyd the barber sometimes...the Hoffman's from St. J are relatives to me, as well as the Kreigers. There used to be a poster on this site that grew up in Little Falls...but he doesn't post here no more. Small world.....

Hickory Hill Hoff
03-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Class of '93 @ FP, Played summer ball for Roger Weaver & Jason Brundage
for American Legion.

Hickory Hill Hoff is FP guy too, lives outside of Fonda now, in School early '80's
Capper for the Amsterdam Recorder, @ the Spa all the time, I can only make it a few times a meet(wife doesn't let me & busy work season)
Also have a few other pals connected to ST. J who go to track lots.

Sometimes mine wish I would less.....:eek:

Payson Dave
03-06-2007, 03:59 PM

:D Guess you and I would never get along...I've actually been known to even consider a couple of exercise riders as friends....but then again I'm not famous either... :)

boswd
03-06-2007, 04:23 PM

Holy crap oh yeah I know Pavlus and Pat Hanifin, I was great friends with Jeanette Carter. Holy Sheeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanifin's a great guy.

boswd
03-06-2007, 04:25 PM
The St. J gang is over there every Monday...John, Keene and even Floyd the barber sometimes...the Hoffman's from St. J are relatives to me, as well as the Kreigers. There used to be a poster on this site that grew up in Little Falls...but he doesn't post here no more. Small world.....

So you're related to JR and Paul Hoffman? This is unbelivable. I hung out with JR throughout high school. Keene Thomas still goes huh? What a character he is .

estreetposse
03-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Holy crap oh yeah I know Pavlus and Pat Hanifin, I was great friends with Jeanette Carter. Holy Sheeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanifin's a great guy.

I keep telling those 2 about this site but no luck gettin'em here yet, Hoffy got me hooked on, lots of fun!!!
I live next door to Pavlus!!

blackthroatedwind
03-06-2007, 11:47 PM
:D Guess you and I would never get along...I've actually been known to even consider a couple of exercise riders as friends....but then again I'm not famous either... :)

Hey, I'm friends with a few jockeys, which I guess is why I have trouble getting along with myself.