PDA

View Full Version : 6th Santa Anita

Rupert Pupkin
01-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Texas Voyager is really fast. He worked :10 2/5 at the first preview at the Ocala March Sale and then came back at the second preview and worked : 21 1/5 which was the fastest work of the day. Murray would have gotten a lot of money for him but he pulled up lame after the : 21 1/5 work and had to be withdrawn from the sale.

Baffert has two other horses in the race too. I don't know anything about Pay the Vig because he was not in a 2 year old sale. Imgonnagetch is actually pretty fast too. He worked :10 flat at the Barret's May sale but I wasn't that crazy about him. I didn't like him nearly as much as Texas Voyager.

DerbyCat
01-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Well done, I wish I had seen this before I bet.

Me too - I picked the wrong Baffert horse :mad: There went my P3 and P4... I have got to look at this forum right before I place any bets :(

Rupert Pupkin
01-13-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry you guys didn't get down. $15.20 was a nice price on the win.

Murray Smith is going to make out fine on the deal. I'm sure she was all bummed out when the horse pulled up lame and had to be withdrawn from the sale. But it didn't end up hurting her at all. She had to wait for 10 months but now she'll probably be able to sell the horse for $500,000 or so. That's about what she was going to get last March. Murray has gotten really lucky with these types of deals. She wanted at least $250,000 for Wild Fit at the Barrett's sale but the high bid was only $225,000. Murray decided to keep the horse for a race or two and then sell the horse. She ended up getting $3 million for her. She's lucky that nobody would pay $250,000 for the horse at the sale.