PDA

View Full Version : 1/13: Gulfstream Park

Scav
01-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Horse that could easily outrun her odds on Saturday. It is a very competitive day at Gulfstream on Saturday...

Race 4

#6 Sweet Valentine (15/1 ML): Again, as I have said many times, Castro on the lawn. This horses line is pretty bad but Castro is not getting aboard for his health. SV worked well last out, 2nd off a layoff and making the 'ultimate' drop in racing.

blackthroatedwind
01-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I don't want to talk you off big price horses but I have a history with this horse because I felt they didn't try in his debut. I will give you that she was a bit wide at Aqueduct last time, and this field aint much, but the distance and ability are MAJOR questions.

If you would like to indulge me, watch the replay of Pretty Face Fay's debut....it's a doozy.

Scav
01-12-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't want to talk you off big price horses but I have a history with this horse because I felt they didn't try in his debut. I will give you that she was a bit wide at Aqueduct last time, and this field aint much, but the distance and ability are MAJOR questions.

If you would like to indulge me, watch the replay of Pretty Face Fay's debut....it's a doozy.

Hilarious BTW. Surprised Elvis didn't sit down

My main reasons for 'touting' SW is that she hasn't gotten a good trip at all, and I think Castro might make the difference here. If you toss her last at Aqueduct becuase of an extreme rail bias, you have a horse that needs a trip to win, and in the 6 hole, where she might get a 2w2w trip, and possibly at 15/1 or higher, I think she is a little playable, given the minimal talent she has shown. I agree regarding the distance though, it is a major question mark

blackthroatedwind
01-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Ewww. Yeah doozy is a way to describe it. I actually remember the Gorham horse as well. Let me ask you BTW. I know technically the horse is dropping from MSW to MCLM, but the state bred MSW's aren't exactly the most talented fields so do you consider this a drop? I actually look at it as a rise.

This is not a drop...in fact it's probably a tougher field.

blackthroatedwind
01-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Hilarious BTW. Surprised Elvis didn't sit down

My main reasons for 'touting' SW is that she hasn't gotten a good trip at all, and I think Castro might make the difference here. If you toss her last at Aqueduct becuase of an extreme rail bias, you have a horse that needs a trip to win, and in the 6 hole, where she might get a 2w2w trip, and possibly at 15/1 or higher, I think she is a little playable, given the minimal talent she has shown. I agree regarding the distance though, it is a major question mark

I don't think there was a rail bias on the turf at Aqueduct but ground loss on that turf course can be taxing and the horse was attacking. However, it was most likely attacking because at best it is a sprinter.

In general, the horses that run in the turf sprint maiden races in NY are both not terrific and have trouble stretching. Obviously this isn't a RULE, and I don't believe in rules, but those sprint maiden races have proven very weak over time.

golfer
01-13-2007, 05:45 AM
It's another Saturday at Gulfstream. Here it goes....

1st: evenly matched field, a couple lay-off horses, #8 Without a doubt seems the most likely winner, with #3 Rumspringa... longsthot possibility, #4 Samba Jones

2nd: #4 Mattingly will be favorite, should be the best, use 9, 10, 11 & 12 underneath.

3rd: 3 favorites (3,7 &8) are the 3 fastest.. #5 Diamond Spirit is interesting, just ran last week on turf.

4th: #10 Miss Buddhafull is fastest coming in, 6-1 ml.. #7 Film at eleven, may be interesting longshot stretching out & switching to turf

5th: #9 Arcata ran big in slop in last at Del..could go backwards, use if price, #6 Mister White Sox, and #3 Our Sacred Honor both solid.

6th: A bunch of dangerous, expensive first time starters in here, #9 Vicarian ran big on poly 2 back, then reacted.

7th: another very tough race, #2 On a cloud, very fast last year in 2 races in Europe, adds Lasix, #7 Prop me up is fast on both dirt and turf, #5 Ebony Rose ran big in last... longshot #9 Miss Belga bound

8th:#7 Chelokee is fastest coming in, repeat of either of the last 2 can win this, #'s 1, 4 and 6 all dangerous.

9th: favorite #10 Naissance Royale is the fastest coming in, but outside post & cross country ship may make her vulnerable, loved #2 Royal Wave's pattern leading up to last start, when she hit the gate when it opened losing all chance, #9 Factual contender, 2nd start for Tagg, could improve.

10th: another maiden race littered with firsters, #4 Backlash broke poorly and checked in his debut, can win here (hopefully).

That's the story, good luck to all.

dellinger63
01-13-2007, 09:56 AM
This is not a drop...in fact it's probably a tougher field.

well said. Scavs this is a NY bred filly running with open company the first time. Don't think that qualifies as any sort of drop. Wonder if Elvis had any nightmares last night? You gonna root for Mystery G. today?

Scav
01-13-2007, 10:01 AM
I don't think there was a rail bias on the turf at Aqueduct but ground loss on that turf course can be taxing and the horse was attacking. However, it was most likely attacking because at best it is a sprinter.

In general, the horses that run in the turf sprint maiden races in NY are both not terrific and have trouble stretching. Obviously this isn't a RULE, and I don't believe in rules, but those sprint maiden races have proven very weak over time.

I was talking about his last dirt race where he was a bizillion wide but tried to get to the lead 4w and the rail just didn't stop, I am tossing that race.

Maybe she will love the warm weather?

Dell, I am going to root for MG today :)

Bogey
01-13-2007, 10:05 AM
I was talking about his last dirt race where he was a bizillion wide but tried to get to the lead 4w and the rail just didn't stop, I am tossing that race.

Maybe she will love the warm weather?

Dell, I am going to root for MG today :)

Scav, What about Gold Hornet. I know you gave him out as a single in a PK3 two starts back at the Throne which paid decent.

Scav
01-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Scav, What about Gold Hornet. I know you gave him out as a single in a PK3 two starts back at the Throne which paid decent.

yeah, they always put their horses in these spots and never run.

When the connections (Leggio is Roussell's LA trainer) run a horse anywhere, the horse is ready to run and they feel they have a shot to win. I have seen them scratch the same horse like 5 times before they finally run, and then they win, the sometimes takes shots that are beneficial (I'll never forget when they ran In Secure in the Prioress at Belmont, 11/1 and Santos tries to hit a hole and gets checked into the infield, no check and she wins easily, I unloaded in that race). I don't know what to think about this move quite honestly. Roussel might just want to see his name in the program. If he runs, he is usable on the backside

This is one of those FG turf races where anything can happen, there look to be alot of the same kind

If you remember Gus, Stidham's horse in this race always took crazy action off 10/1 ML's in this race. if I remember correctly, that horse was like 10/1 ML in those three races where he went off at 2/1 or lower. He might be a little playable with Marquez on him.

Bogey
01-13-2007, 10:43 AM
yeah, they always put their horses in these spots and never run.

When the connections (Leggio is Roussell's LA trainer) run a horse anywhere, the horse is ready to run and they feel they have a shot to win. I have seen them scratch the same horse like 5 times before they finally run, and then they win, the sometimes takes shots that are beneficial (I'll never forget when they ran In Secure in the Prioress at Belmont, 11/1 and Santos tries to hit a hole and gets checked into the infield, no check and she wins easily, I unloaded in that race). I don't know what to think about this move quite honestly. Roussel might just want to see his name in the program. If he runs, he is usable on the backside

This is one of those FG turf races where anything can happen, there look to be alot of the same kind

If you remember Gus, Stidham's horse in this race always took crazy action off 10/1 ML's in this race. if I remember correctly, that horse was like 10/1 ML in those three races where he went off at 2/1 or lower. He might be a little playable with Marquez on him.

Yep, I agree with your assessment. Arbuckle Bandit is a complete different horse on the turf.

Scav
01-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Yep, I agree with your assessment. Arbuckle Bandit is a complete different horse on the turf.

and it makes no sense Bogey, I tried beating him every time at Arlington because the action was just unprecendented, still has me confused.....

Bogey
01-13-2007, 11:13 AM
and it makes no sense Bogey, I tried beating him every time at Arlington because the action was just unprecendented, still has me confused.....Scav, Steve touted him on ATRAB with me prior to his turf debut in the G3 Arlington Classic. He finished 3rd at 43-1 and hasn't looked back since. Maybe Steve knew something? I'm also interested to see how Purim will rebound from his dull performance in his comeback. If he's right, he'll be a handfull today.

SniperSB23
01-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Race 1
3 - Rumspringa 3-1
6 - For Gill 10-1
7 - Gregson 5-2
8 - Without a Doubt 5-1

Race 2
4 - Mattingly 5-2
11 - Lively Voyage 8-1
10 - Playful Pal 5-1
3 - Doctor Boros 8-1

Race 3
7 - Maizelle 6-5
5 - Diamond Spirit 6-1
8 - Bootery 4-1
3 - Cuaba 5-1

Race 4
10 - Miss Buddhafull 6-1
9 - Pretty Face Fay 6-1
3 - I Got Game 5-2
12 - Elite Status 4-1

Race 5
3 - Our Sacred Honor 5-2
1 - Point Gold 5-1
2 - Zoobstick 6-1
5 - T Harry 8-1

Race 6
3 - Samhoon 3-1
1 - Came to Pass 5-1
8 - Advanced Signs 8-1
7 - Rock Pulpit 4-1

Race 7
7 - Prop Me Up 5-1
2 - On a Cloud 5-2
5 - Ebony Rose 4-1
8 - Steel Buns 6-1

Race 8
4 - Meritocracy 4-1
6 - Silver Express 2-1
1 - Bold Start 6-1
2 - Rockhouse Rocket 12-1

Race 9
10 - Naissance Royale 8-5
8 - Bright Abundance 4-1
2 - Royal Wave 20-1
9 - Factual Contender 12-1

Race 10
7 - Sourpower 3-1
9 - Super Whipper 12-1
10 - Red Missile 6-1
1 - Equation 6-1

Sightseek
01-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Race 2 - 4 mattingly 11 Lively voyage 12 Lil Diazo 7 Destiny's Wild Card

Race 3 - 7 Maizelle 3 Cuaba 4 Meryl's Spirit

Race 4 - 9 Pretty Face Kay 10 Miss Buddafull 3 I Got Game

Race 5 - 3 Our Sacred Honor 1 Point Gold 4 King Alliance

Race 6 - 8 Advanced Signs

Race 9 - 10 Naissance Royale 8 Bright Abundance 11 Thetactics Ofdance 6 Caroline Sky

Race 10 - 7 Sourpower 3 Mandurah

lemoncrush
01-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Looks like it could be a pretty chalky pick 4, so let's just invest $18 and hope to beat the favorite in the 7th or 10th.

7) On the Cloud, Prop me Up, Ebony Rose
8) Silver Express, Port Clyde
9) Naissance Royal
10) Equation, Sour Power, Stallwort Woodsman

2,5,7/3,6/10/1,7,11

3x2x1x2 = $18

hoovesupsideyourhead
01-13-2007, 03:27 PM
i singled and another of my group..the 6 56.00 horse ....called the cannon to put a few bucks on him.....tried to call kasept but hes all hollywood..and didnt pick up..got a hold of dell