PDA

View Full Version : Stewards blow another ....Los Al 7TH

docicu3
01-12-2007, 12:08 AM
So why isn't there an investigation into the stewards because I need an explanation.

At Los Alamitos tonight in the 7TH a 350 yard Quarter 16K Allowance had "This Snow is Amazing" pay $64.40.....Again I lose by a nose as I had the 9 with a two dollar wheel......

Except the 4 didn't win the race........

Can someone else look at race 7 at LA photo and try and tell me the #4 This Snow is Amazing won this race. Sorry folks but the #9 Flyin Out West should have been declared the winner.......oh yeah the paying (as opposed to winning) exacta was 571.40 and the tri with the favorite (7) running 3RD at 4/5 Rumor Control only paid $6051.60

And they pay these people to look at the pretty pictures and get it right......these guys belong with the disgraced 10 jockeys.

I don't mind losing.....I just hate getting cheated.

Maybe ATRAB should take up this cause with Blackthroatedwind on Friday because this is just plain criminal and needs to stop.....like the recent nonsense at Charlestown.

Like we don't need a governing body for this sport......yeah right!!!

DrD :mad:

Kukumbara
01-12-2007, 01:06 AM
I saw the race and called the 9 as the winner but i thought it was very tight, possibly a dead heat. The real investigation should be into how this horse won the race after being beaten a length with less than 120 yards to go. Where was the form that would possibly make somone play a horse like this. Needless to say i was alive after the first two legs of the late pick 4 - $12 and $22 winners to the 7, 8 and the 5, 8. it only paid $19,990 fora buck....:eek:

docicu3
01-12-2007, 01:31 AM
The 4 won his previous race.....the 9 won 2 back and had a bad race last time out. A reach but it won't get you antipsychotic drugs in most racing environments....

blackthroatedwind
01-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Here's the problem, it isn't clear the horses are actually at the finish in the photo. In the photo, the outside horse, the 9, is NOT on the wire, but the inside horse appears to be in some sort of " fuzzyland ". If, in fuzzyland, the inside horse is on the wire, he won. However, that is not a photo I would want to defend as evidence.

Hey, it's only 2007, why should they have a good photo finish camera? It's not like there are ever close finishes in quarter horse races.

The Bid
01-12-2007, 08:49 AM
The call to make Matty G Wiz an official starter yesterday in SA 5th was disgusting. There should have been a full refund on any wager made on that horse. As for your Los Al Photo, where can I see it. Ive been on the other end at Los Al a few times

paisjpq
01-12-2007, 09:07 AM
The call to make Matty G Wiz an official starter yesterday in SA 5th was disgusting. There should have been a full refund on any wager made on that horse. As for your Los Al Photo, where can I see it. Ive been on the other end at Los Al a few times

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h260/betwhit3/20070111-7.jpg

paisjpq
01-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Here's the problem, it isn't clear the horses are actually at the finish in the photo. In the photo, the outside horse, the 9, is NOT on the wire, but the inside horse appears to be in some sort of " fuzzyland ". If, in fuzzyland, the inside horse is on the wire, he won. However, that is not a photo I would want to defend as evidence.

Hey, it's only 2007, why should they have a good photo finish camera? It's not like there are ever close finishes in quarter horse races.
this is right on, IMO

The Bid
01-12-2007, 09:09 AM
PJ, the official winner was the 4?

paisjpq
01-12-2007, 09:11 AM
PJ, the official winner was the 4?
4-9-7 according to the track site...I didn't see the race just lifted the photo.

SentToStud
01-12-2007, 09:13 AM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h260/betwhit3/20070111-7.jpg

Is it just me or do the jockeys look as big as the horses?

docicu3
01-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Why would you post a photo that has the horses short of the wire?????

Is that not like ending an intimate encounter prior to .........never mind!!!!

If you slow down the replay and go frame by frame there is absolutely no way the 4 wins the race plain and simple!!!! The only thing I dont have is the inverted images which are not published that I can find.

They blew the race......at worst it's a dead heat!!!

DrD

brianwspencer
01-12-2007, 11:42 AM

If you slow down the replay and go frame by frame there isa absolutely no way the 4 wins the race plain and simple!!!! The only think I dont have is the inverted images which are not published that I can find.

DrD

I dunno, I think the photo looks pretty convincing that the 4 hit the wire first.

I don't think the photo is fuzzy at all. I can clearly make out the 4's nose hitting the wire.

So unless this "wire" in the photo is not the actual "wire" and they've somehow manipulated the camera to take photos of a wire that comes just before the real wire, then the photo seems to pretty much put the issue to rest.

blackthroatedwind
01-12-2007, 11:46 AM

If you slow down the replay and go frame by frame there isa absolutely no way the 4 wins the race plain and simple!!!! The only think I dont have is the inverted images which are not published that I can find.

DrD

I'm not defending them at all....just telling you what I saw.