PDA

View Full Version : bellsbendboy -- fast out of the gate for '07

todko
01-11-2007, 11:20 PM
See that BBB crushed a nice P4 on Sunday in NOLA. $2 paid over $3800. He listed the pick at:

http://www.nola.com/forums/startinggate/

It's post 7629. Nice call BBB.

todko
01-12-2007, 10:55 AM
You should have titled this thread- I am looking for attention. Well done BBB, on your way towards that $32,000 like last year right :D .

DaHoss,

Give the guy credit. He made the call. Besides, we're all looking for attention of some kind -- if we weren't we wouldn't be here in the first place.

todko
01-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Nah, I'm here because I want to talk racing and such. I said good job, what more do you want, the guy has taken numerous shots at people on here for no reason. My question is why did you feel the need to brting it to our attention?

I didn't mean any offense DaHoss.

BBB is a very solid 'capper and a genuinely good guy -- I saw where people questioned his ROI and such -- I've never known the man to be a liar. I'd say it's like he says it is.

Yeah, he can get a little acerbic at times -- we all can. And joining any horse racing forum and posting picks is not the easiest thing in the world. It's always like some initiation -- you have to run the gauntlet laid down by the elder members. Maybe that's a good thing.

He'll post some solid P4s here. Hang with the big dogs. And that's saying something because from what I've seen there are some solid 'cappers here.

Cheers and if you're betting this weekend may Lady Luck be with you DaHoss. May all your payouts be boxcars.

bellsbendboy
01-13-2007, 06:43 AM
Da Hoss I would say I have taken far more shots than I have thrown, in fact if you were to read my PM's you would certainly agree. Starting with the bashing I recieved for posting that Sun King could not get ten furlongs, through my earnings last year, and lately when the jock plugged the horse in Xmas eve.

In general, if I take a shot at someone they have probably sent me a derogatory PM. I would not expect 2007 to yield similar results as last year since a third of my earnings came on one bet, but my total bets will stay about the same and I will take it one pick 4 at a time. BBB

paisjpq
01-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Yeah, he can get a little acerbic at times -- we all can. And joining any horse racing forum and posting picks is not the easiest thing in the world. It's always like some initiation -- you have to run the gauntlet laid down by the elder members. Maybe that's a good thing.

this is so true...But I disagree that it is a good thing...this shouldn't be like a pack of dogs where you have to fight to establish your spot in the pecking order....sure everyone will have posters that they 'don't like' but instead of engaging in constant combat people need to learn to turn the other cheek once in a while.

hoovesupsideyourhead
01-13-2007, 08:47 AM
the "art bell" of cappers has sent me pms saying that i needed help..i still laugh at that..but he would be better recieved if he was a little more modest ala titan sooner /da hoss ect....

ShadowRoll
01-13-2007, 09:47 AM
this is so true...But I disagree that it is a good thing...this shouldn't be like a pack of dogs where you have to fight to establish your spot in the pecking order....sure everyone will have posters that they 'don't like' but instead of engaging in constant combat people need to learn to turn the other cheek once in a while.

I agree. If someone's crowing too much or being too condescending or unnecessarily insulting, I think it's better to just ignore it. Or laugh at it. This is some guy you likely don't know from Adam who's probably, in the big scheme of things, not very important in your life. And if you do know them, if it's personal, why inflict your fight on the rest of us?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you shouldn't defend yourself or be a strong advocate for your views. But you can do that in a civil manner. Some of the fights on this board get so bitter, so personal and so ridiculous, that it distracts from why I come here -- to increase my enjoyment of the game. What I do for a living is about as adversarial as it gets. Every once in a while, I like to take a break from trying to tear out someone's throat and just share other people's thoughts on a topic I love without feeling obliged to probe them for weaknesses.

Plus, not everyone does their best communicating by way of the written word. I think you should take the sometimes hastily written messages here with a grain of salt, as the author might not have really meant what you think they meant.