PDA

View Full Version : Several on watch list running

abe1947
01-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Several of the 2y olds I've watched through last year are making their first starts as 3y olds. These include Most Distinguished in the 5th at GP Friday, Seer and Electricity both in the 9th at GP Friday, Marina Market in the 8th at Aqu on Friday,Hard Spun, Izzies Halo, and Teuflesberg in the LeComte at FG Sat., Port Clyde Meritocracy, and Silver Express in the 8th at GP Sat, Mandurah in the 10th at GP Sat, Samhoon in the 6th at GP Sat,Point Gold, Mister White Socks, and Arcata in the 5th at GP Sat, and Grapelli and Soldier going in the San Rafael at SA Sat. It will be interesting to see how these progress in their 3y old year. a win(or real good showing) by any of these could put them on the Derby Trail. Give them a look. They looked like they had promise last year.

Sightseek
01-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Several of the 2y olds I've watched through last year are making their first starts as 3y olds. These include Most Distinguished in the 5th at GP Friday, Seer and Electricity both in the 9th at GP Friday, Marina Market in the 8th at Aqu on Friday,Hard Spun, Izzies Halo, and Teuflesberg in the LeComte at FG Sat., Port Clyde Meritocracy, and Silver Express in the 8th at GP Sat, Mandurah in the 10th at GP Sat, Samhoon in the 6th at GP Sat,Point Gold, Mister White Socks, and Arcata in the 5th at GP Sat, and Grapelli and Soldier going in the San Rafael at SA Sat. It will be interesting to see how these progress in their 3y old year. a win(or real good showing) by any of these could put them on the Derby Trail. Give them a look. They looked like they had promise last year.

Hopefully he breaks his maiden today, he has put in some decent races but keeps running into a tough field. Probably won't be a world beater, but I liked him a lot as a yearling, so I have to cheer for him. :)

Nice weekend of races.

The Bid
01-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Please keep your eyes opened for Westwon opening weekend at Oaklawn, he just blew out 3 fl. Looking forward to him dropping the hammer in Arkansas this year, GO WAYNE. You got the horse

Sightseek
01-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Please keep your eyes opened for Westwon opening weekend at Oaklawn, he just blew out 3 fl. Looking forward to him dropping the hammer in Arkansas this year, GO WAYNE. You got the horse

Who consigned him? I see he was bought at FTSAUG '05.

The Bid
01-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I believe Hill N dale

Sightseek
01-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Hopefully he breaks his maiden today, he has put in some decent races but keeps running into a tough field. Probably won't be a world beater, but I liked him a lot as a yearling, so I have to cheer for him. :)

Nice weekend of races.

Geesh, Most Distinguished maiden maybe! :D

abe1947
01-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Geesh, Most Distinguished maiden maybe! - Right! He's off my Derby watch list. May be a good allowance horse someday.

abe1947
01-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Well let's just see how I did. Most Distinguished - 3rd, Seer 6th, Electricity scratch, Marina Market 2nd, Hard Spun, Izzies Halo & Teuflesburg 1-2-3, Port Clyd still running, Meritocracy 2nd, Silver Express 3rd, Mandurah 1st, Samhoon boom, Point Gold 4th, Mister White Sock had holes, Arcata 2nd, Grapelli 3rd, Soldier got shot. So that's two firsts, four seconds, four thirds, one scratch and six off the board. Not too bad. I'll probably keep the ones that hit the board and drop the rest from my Derby trail watch list.

Sightseek
02-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Hooooray!! Most Distinguished is no longer a maiden.
Good boy, good win. :cool: