PDA

View Full Version : 1/11: Gulfstream Park

Scav
01-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Race 4

#2 Cleave Hill (8/1 ML): What you have with this 3 year old filly is a good layoff in between her last race, where she recieved lasix for the first time, positive jock switch, and a rise in class. I think Javy might gun from the gate and see if she gets braze. I don't expect 8/1 though

Race 7

#5 Rosinka (6/1ML): Motion filly exploded off the boat first in the states. What we don't know is why she took this long of a break. Motion might have been specifically waiting for the Gulf meet, at least that is what I am banking on. She makes the all important first start of her 4 year old campaign with Castro aboard

Race 9

#10 Rogers (12/1ML): Pretty interesting right here as this move doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Cost 220k at the sale and they are willing to lose him for $62.5......Fact is that this horse is bred for the turf and is running 2nd off a layoff. Worked decent last time out and look at Gleaves numbers 2nd off the layoff.

Bogey
01-11-2007, 11:00 AM
I like 2 horses tomorrow, both on the lawn.

Race 5- #4 Oberon's Girl

Race 7- #6 Jinni

Hoss, we're on the same page. I've also taken a hard look at the two you've mentioned.

Obreron's Girl has won off the bench before and the extra real estate will only help her late kick. She should be a handfull here, but I demand 3-1 or better.

Jinni ran big in the Calder Oaks and Corny should have her a bit closer to the pace than Santos did in that race. Mott is a master with these types.

Scav, Rogers in the nightcap is a wise selection and for almost the same reasons I ended up with #8 Tanyard Hill ML 12-1. His numbers fit very well for this event and he's worked well for his lawn debut at Palm Meadows. I'm including both in my PK4 and DD tickets.

Good Racing Luck

Bogey
01-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Race 4

#2 Cleave Hill (8/1 ML): What you have with this 3 year old filly is a good layoff in between her last race, where she recieved lasix for the first time, positive jock switch, and a rise in class. I think Javy might gun from the gate and see if she gets braze. I don't expect 8/1 though

Race 7

#5 Rosinka (6/1ML): Motion filly exploded off the boat first in the states. What we don't know is why she took this long of a break. Motion might have been specifically waiting for the Gulf meet, at least that is what I am banking on. She makes the all important first start of her 4 year old campaign with Castro aboard

Race 9

#10 Rogers (12/1ML): Pretty interesting right here as this move doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Cost 220k at the sale and they are willing to lose him for $62.5......Fact is that this horse is bred for the turf and is running 2nd off a layoff. Worked decent last time out and look at Gleaves numbers 2nd off the layoff.

Scav, you sure have a way with picking horses that eventually get scratched. Rosinka and Rogers are scratched. There are two ways of looking at it.

The Bid
01-11-2007, 12:10 PM
I love a horse in the 3rd race. Five Stars to Riley will run a big race today.

Scav
01-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Scav, you sure have a way with picking horses that eventually get scratched. Rosinka and Rogers are scratched. There are two ways of looking at it.

That is alright, just a continuation on a horrible day. First pinnacle, then scratches, might as well take my manhood also

Bigsmc
01-11-2007, 12:55 PM
That is alright, just a continuation on a horrible day. First pinnacle, then scratches, might as well take my manhood also

Sorry Bro, but that was my first LOL of the day.

Thanks

Bogey
01-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Nightcap Guidry did it again with a crafty ride on the front end with Tanyard Hill. I was convinced we would not get the ML odds of 12-1, but 5-1 was acceptable. I singled Jinni and Tanyard Hill and went 6 deep in the 8th without adding the $133 horse. I don't think I can play that horse on the replay. I should've taken a look at Hooves' post because he had the longshot as his top selection in the 8th.