PDA

View Full Version : 1/10: Gulfstream Park

Scav
01-09-2007, 10:29 PM
No time to get real in depth today people but here are some horses I feel might outrun their odds. As I just finished writing this, it looks in-depth :)....Good luck

Race 4:

#8 P. Vidi (8/1 ML) = Horse took a boatload of money in his maiden race. I love playing horses back like this, especially if I can get anything near that 8/1 ML. 3 slow works for a good trainer, and Desormeaux finds his way aboard

Race 7:

#11 Irish Majesty (12/1 ML)= Horse only given one shot on the lawn because Ramsey thought he had a future on the dirt. Breeding says yes for the lawn (throw out that Keeneland race, brought back in 20 days off a rough race in the TB Derby). Exact type of race/horse that Jara wins, and when do you see Jara riding for Ward?

Race 9:

#3 Heavenly Answer (20/1 ML) = Strict a hunch here. Kassen horses have been running well at Gulf so far and Castro/lawn is always a positive. Should take to the turf and has a couple good works since getting down to S.Florida. Will probably be twice his ML at post

Bogey
01-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Scav,

Race 4 - I'm with you on #8 P. Vidi and the 1st time lasix will help as well. Anything over 4-1 will be more than acceptable.

Race 7 - #4 Uffizi - I've been following him for awhile and I expect a huge performance with Johnny V aboard. I will be taking the plunge.

Good Racing Luck

Scav
01-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Race 4:

#8 P. Vidi (8/1 ML) = Horse took a boatload of money in his maiden race. I love playing horses back like this, especially if I can get anything near that 8/1 ML. 3 slow works for a good trainer, and Desormeaux finds his way aboard

Here is a perfect example of a great ride by Kent D. Got the lead and tried to slow it down as BEST as possible. Thought he had a great shot on the turn as P. Vidi's ears were pricked and he looked ready to roll. I couldn't believe when I just logged onto Youbet that this horse wasn't played that strong. Another 2nd place finish for the touts on the Gulfstream Daily but they have all paid well for 2nd so far. P. Vidi ran unbelievable today, especially if you consider this was his first start in 100+ days. A tad green switching leads but that happens in their 2nd start. Won't be a maiden much longer but the bad thing about this run is that the value is sucked out of him now. Look for them to possibly step up to a MSW in their next start. $9.60P, $114EX

Race 7:

#11 Irish Majesty (12/1 ML)= Horse only given one shot on the lawn because Ramsey thought he had a future on the dirt. Breeding says yes for the lawn (throw out that Keeneland race, brought back in 20 days off a rough race in the TB Derby). Exact type of race/horse that Jara wins, and when do you see Jara riding for Ward?

Well, Jara did all he could to try and duck this horse in and not to be 8 wide on the first turn, but that was exactly what he was. He made a nice sustained run and looked comfortable on the turf, which is a great thing for us next time out. He got stopped a little when Jara tried to hit a hole and it didn't materialize. If they leave IM on the turf, he is playable next time with a better post

Race 9:

#3 Heavenly Answer (20/1 ML) = Strict a hunch here. Kassen horses have been running well at Gulf so far and Castro/lawn is always a positive. Should take to the turf and has a couple good works since getting down to S.Florida. Will probably be twice his ML at post

Well, she went off at 69/1 today but that 69/1 was well worth it. She didn't run a lick but what I saw today will pay off soon. This horse has fight in her, EVERY time a horse pulled up to her, she started moving, only to get shut off. Broke a length slow, got checked into the rail by the four horse on the turn, checked a couple more times. She was just green. What will tell the story is next time, if Castro stays, she is a must play. The one thing to look at though is in her next race, Castro will obviously ride for his top trainers, but if they are not in the race, and he rides her back, you will get great value on a horse that learned alot today, could put it together next time, or the time after that, at LONG odds. Even if Castro jumps, she is worth a long look becuase of what we saw today.