PDA

View Full Version : 1/7: Gulfstream Park

Scav
01-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Race 4

#8 Top Notch Lady (12/1ML): This is a horse that should get a ton of play. TNL has some BURIED turf races, her MSW and a G3 2nd place finish to Canadian Horse of the Year Arravale. Those were a WHILE ago but this horse hasn't seen the lawn since then, why, I just don't know because she is bred to take to it, and showed she did. Toss that turf race 2 back as first race off the layoff, on a tiring yielding turf course and you have a logical contender at somewhat decent odds.

Race 6

#4 Mind Eraser (7/2 ML): Another angle that I like playing is Payson Park horses that are working well. This angle is alot like playing Saratoga Training track horses because their works are normally SLOW. At Payson Park, a 50 flat 4 furlong work is like a 48 flat work on a normal track. Payson is like Sar Training in that it is deep and slow. Javy jumps aboard for Mott and if Sunday isn't the day, then the next one is. Look for bright thing from this filly in the future, especially in race up to 8.5 furlongs.

blackthroatedwind
01-07-2007, 12:39 AM
I wouldn't want to talk you off a price but doesn't it seem tough to beat both of Charmsil and Shared Dreams in the 4th race? Even La Dolce Vita is OK.

I thought Mind Eraser ran extremely well in her debut and clearly would have won had she not been shut off late. Something must have happened last time. Unfortunately there may be some live firsters in there. I also recommend watching the replay of Leslie K.'s debut. She was bet that day, it was a muddy track, and she got a sort of weak ride while breaking from the rail.

Scav
01-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Thanks Andy. To me, especially with Top Notch Lady, I think Casse is finally understand that her home is on the lawn, and it is kind of a situation where I am going to try and get her now, before she wins impressively on the lawn and I don't have her. The horses I tout on my Gulfstream write ups so far have been more so to find horses that I feel will outrun their odds, not necessarily win, which so far, we have had a little success. I couldn't agree more with Charmsil. She should be real strong in this race, especially 2nd off the layoff. Her odds will reflect that though, should be in the 4/5-7/5 range. That being said, I think a boxing TNL and Charmsil could get you a nice exacta payoff and possibly a great tri payoff.

Scav
01-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Race 4

#8 Top Notch Lady (12/1ML): This is a horse that should get a ton of play. TNL has some BURIED turf races, her MSW and a G3 2nd place finish to Canadian Horse of the Year Arravale. Those were a WHILE ago but this horse hasn't seen the lawn since then, why, I just don't know because she is bred to take to it, and showed she did. Toss that turf race 2 back as first race off the layoff, on a tiring yielding turf course and you have a logical contender at somewhat decent odds.

Well, it just wasn't her day today. Finished last at 15/1 and to me, visually it look more of a fitness issue, then a talent issue. Was well placed and then shuffled back and essentially lost interest. Not sure I could play her back after this performance, but one to watch if shows improvement next out

Race 6

#4 Mind Eraser (7/2 ML): Another angle that I like playing is Payson Park horses that are working well. This angle is alot like playing Saratoga Training track horses because their works are normally SLOW. At Payson Park, a 50 flat 4 furlong work is like a 48 flat work on a normal track. Payson is like Sar Training in that it is deep and slow. Javy jumps aboard for Mott and if Sunday isn't the day, then the next one is. Look for bright thing from this filly in the future, especially in race up to 8.5 furlongs.

This one boggles me a little bit. Perfectly placed for Javy, ME never was able to catch a seam, but I doubt even if she would have, it would have mattered, might be more of a router then a sprinter, like alot of the Unbridled Songs. Another one not sure what to think, their is talent their though, not sure when it will get unleashed.