PDA

View Full Version : oaklawn trip

Stuball
01-06-2007, 11:04 AM
anyone attending Oaklawn on the weekends??

packerbacker7964
01-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah me and my wife will be there either the weekend of March 17th or the Racing festival of the South week. Post when and where on here and we'll try and get something put together. My friend the Breadman delivers to the track kitchen so I'll have so good tips I hope.

Stuball
01-13-2007, 02:46 PM
I haven't missed a racing festival in the last 20 years. I'll be in touch!

Danzig
01-14-2007, 11:28 AM
i'll be there march 24...tix in hand for me and my better half--we'll be in the carousel. can't wait!

packerbacker7964
01-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Alrighty the 24th seems to be the weekend most will be there so far. I going to be staying a few night s at the Baymont Inn out on Hwy 7 towards Arkadelphia. We will there sometime around late afternoon coming in from Michigan and will there around the 4th or 5th race. I will back up on Sunday for the races and stay up until the 24th. We could come a week early but we're bringing the wifey a poodle home and don't have any where to leave it for the day. So we'll be there the last week of March. Hope to see everyone there that makes it. My other Real Estate friend might have a condo on the Lake for us to rent/stay. Would anyone be interested in having a night out for everyone there at it? Grill it down and have a few drinks maybe let me know.

Danzig
01-15-2007, 11:29 PM
we're staying at the lodge at lake degray. one of my favorite spots in this state. not too long of a drive into hot springs. it's worth it!

get up sunday and go see some bald eagles and then head home....

or maybe i'll play hookie from work, never seem to use those personal days.

packerbacker7964
02-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Just put in for the week of March the 17th thru the 24th. We will be at the races Friday the 16th in the afternoon and back up on Sat for the Rebel Stakes. Got a room at the Baymont for Tuesday & Wed. night. Whirlpool is going to feel good. Make sure it's warm when we come because last year we froze our asses off and it rained everyday.

Stuball
02-19-2007, 04:17 AM
you're from michigan and froze in arkansas??

Stuball
02-19-2007, 05:20 AM
Packer, you should stay at the Arlington, get a massage and a thermal bath. That it'll warm you up.

packerbacker7964
02-19-2007, 04:09 PM
We're from Arkansas (Nashville) so we know the lay of the land. We got married in 1997 and moved to Michigan in 1999. Started going to Oaklawn when I was 16 to bet Belmont in the early days of Simulacasting. Remember when Ex. would always pay over $100? Boy those were the days. Anyway we try and get back at least once every year for Oaklawn Live Meet. I've made alot of memeories there over the years. The wifey likes the Pony's too so that helps alot. My biggest win was there in the opening weekend of 1998. Raging Sequale he paid $92 to win, exacta and Tri. I made almost 7 grand that day. My best man in my wedding and me read the form and come up with all on our own. He died in a boating accident back in the Summer of 1998 and my life has been empty without him ever since. We would always be together at the track on the weekends or after work listening to the radio replays of the races. Anyway you from the Natural State too?

Stuball
02-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Born in El Dorado. Been going to Oaklawn since 82. Made a small fortune on Sunnys halo there and in the Ken. Derby. Took forever to cash all those single tickets. Haven't missed a racing festival in 22 years.

packerbacker7964
03-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Here we go. Leaving out on March the 15th at 3 pm. We'll arrive in Arkansas in the night and stay in Memphis. Drive on into Hot Springs during the mourning and go to the track on Friday for the late Double and a form for Sat's Rebel Stakes. List who and where for everyone to meet if your going. Looking forward to meeting some of my fellow Arkansas Trailer Trash friends at the track. (just kidding on the trailer part) Have a great weekend and save some cash for me.

Danzig
03-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Born in El Dorado. Been going to Oaklawn since 82. Made a small fortune on Sunnys halo there and in the Ken. Derby. Took forever to cash all those single tickets. Haven't missed a racing festival in 22 years.

holy crap, my hubby is from there. he graduated in 83. name zeigler ring a bell?

Danzig
03-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Here we go. Leaving out on March the 15th at 3 pm. We'll arrive in Arkansas in the night and stay in Memphis. Drive on into Hot Springs during the mourning and go to the track on Friday for the late Double and a form for Sat's Rebel Stakes. List who and where for everyone to meet if your going. Looking forward to meeting some of my fellow Arkansas Trailer Trash friends at the track. (just kidding on the trailer part) Have a great weekend and save some cash for me.

have a great time, i'm sure you will. we're going there the wknd of the 24th.