PDA

View Full Version : Winter Derby Trail Contest - Over My Head

2MinsToPost
01-02-2007, 06:20 PM
I can't follow thru on this contest like I originally thought I would be able to. I am going to relinquish my duties as the Manager of this Contest:( and hope that someone will pick up where I left off. Since I do not surf online at work, and on days I work usually am only online at the most 1 or 2 hours, it is not working for me.

I simply have put this on the backburner week in and week out. Maybe someone will pick it up and run with it? Maybe someone will start a new one?

I apologize, but I am not giving this the attention it deserves.

paisjpq
01-02-2007, 06:22 PM
no need to check the results...I am the clear winna!:D :D

brianwspencer
01-02-2007, 06:52 PM
no need to check the results...I am the clear winna!:D :D

:D that is code speak for 'there is hope for anyone at anything in life!' :D

i dunno wtf i keep ribbing you about in this contest -- i have a grand total of negative-every-dollar-i-wagered too

paisjpq
01-02-2007, 06:57 PM
:D that is code speak for 'there is hope for anyone at anything in life!' :D

i dunno wtf i keep ribbing you about in this contest -- i have a grand total of negative-every-dollar-i-wagered too
that's funny because I put that post out specifically for you:p
I knew you couldn't resist...
I haven't made a pick since I tink the 3rd week....I was the opposite of good in this contest:o

2 Dollar Bill
01-03-2007, 07:37 AM
Well lets see.. I made three picks... and three NON-winners
Three strikes and your out...?...Opps wrong sport... Never Mind !

DerbyCat
01-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Well, since I've already got a spread sheet going, I'll be happy to take over the contest but what do you say we start fresh for the year and only do a "Derby Trail" contest - we can only place bets on three year old races each week at any track... the contest will run weekly and will end with the Kentucky Derby... and as an added bonus, anyone who places bets before the derby on the eventual winner gets those points (or $$$) multiplied by 10 (ie: a $20 win bet on Barbaro in last years Florida Derby paid $5.20 for a $2 bet so your return was $52. With this contest, after he won the KY Derby, you would be credited with an additional $520 -Winning points of $52 x 10 = $520).

What do you think, anyone interested? I'll start another thread once I get a little more input from you all on what the rules should be.

Thanks!

saucon17
01-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Well, since I've already got a spread sheet going, I'll be happy to take over the contest but what do you say we start fresh for the year and only do a "Derby Trail" contest - we can only place bets on three year old races each week at any track... the contest will run weekly and will end with the Kentucky Derby... and as an added bonus, anyone who places bets before the derby on the eventual winner gets those points (or $$$) multiplied by 10 (ie: a $20 win bet on Barbaro in last years Florida Derby paid $5.20 for a $2 bet so your return was $52. With this contest, after he won the KY Derby, you would be credited with an additional $520 -Winning points of $52 x 10 = $520).

What do you think, anyone interested? I'll start another thread once I get a little more input from you all on what the rules should be.

Thanks!

Count me in, If you need any help I will be happy to help you.
What type are 3yo races such as maiden, allowance and stakes only.
Maybe we should limit to only tracks that have major 3 yr old prep races

DerbyCat
01-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Count me in, If you need any help I will be happy to help you.
What type are 3yo races such as maiden, allowance and stakes only.
Maybe we should limit to only tracks that have major 3 yr old prep races

I took a look at past lists of Derby prep races as well as a list from www.horse-races.net and found there are a ton of betting oportunities. I guess maybe we limit this to selected derby prep races each week, here's the list of races for January:

1 Tropical Park Derby @ Calder - 1 1/8 M Turf
1 Dancing Count Stakes @ Laurel -5 1/2 F
6 Count Fleet Stakes @ Aqueduct - 1 M 70 yards
6 Turfway Prevue Stakes @ Turfway - 6 1/2 F
7 Spectacular Bid Stakes @ Gulfstream - 6 F
7 San Miguel Stakes @ Santa Anita - 6 Furlongs
13 Lecomte Stakes @ Fair Grounds - 1 M
13 San Rafael Stakes @ Santa Anita - 1 M
15 Jimmy Winkfield Stakes @ Aqueduct - 6 F
19 Dixieland Stakes @ Oaklawn - 5 1/2 F
20 Gentilly Stakes @ Fair Grounds - 1 1/16 M Turf
21 Rattlesnake Stakes @ Turf Paradise - 1 M
27 Black Gold Handicap @ Fair Grounds - 5 1/2 F Turf
27 Sunshine Millions Dash @ Gulfstream - 6 F
27 Pasco Stakes @ Tampa Bay Downs - 7 F
28 California Derby @ Golden Gate - 1 1/16 M

Each DTer picks a horse and where ever their horse finishes, they get that payout across the board (ie: if their horse wins, they get the win/show/place payouts combined, if their horse places they get place/show, etc.). You have to play all prep races for the week and you'll get the 10X bonus if any horse you picked wins the KY Derby.

Also, all of these races should have free PP's available... how's this sound?

saucon17
01-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I took a look at past lists of Derby prep races as well as a list from www.horse-races.net and found there are a ton of betting oportunities. I guess maybe we limit this to selected derby prep races each week, here's the list of races for January:

1 Tropical Park Derby @ Calder - 1 1/8 M Turf
1 Dancing Count Stakes @ Laurel -5 1/2 F
6 Count Fleet Stakes @ Aqueduct - 1 M 70 yards
6 Turfway Prevue Stakes @ Turfway - 6 1/2 F
7 Spectacular Bid Stakes @ Gulfstream - 6 F
7 San Miguel Stakes @ Santa Anita - 6 Furlongs
13 Lecomte Stakes @ Fair Grounds - 1 M
13 San Rafael Stakes @ Santa Anita - 1 M
15 Jimmy Winkfield Stakes @ Aqueduct - 6 F
19 Dixieland Stakes @ Oaklawn - 5 1/2 F
20 Gentilly Stakes @ Fair Grounds - 1 1/16 M Turf
21 Rattlesnake Stakes @ Turf Paradise - 1 M
27 Black Gold Handicap @ Fair Grounds - 5 1/2 F Turf
27 Sunshine Millions Dash @ Gulfstream - 6 F
27 Pasco Stakes @ Tampa Bay Downs - 7 F
28 California Derby @ Golden Gate - 1 1/16 M

Each DTer picks a horse and where ever their horse finishes, they get that payout across the board (ie: if their horse wins, they get the win/show/place payouts combined, if their horse places they get place/show, etc.). You have to play all prep races for the week and you'll get the 10X bonus if any horse you picked wins the KY Derby.

Also, all of these races should have free PP's available... how's this sound?

Yeah I think it will be best limiting it to stakes races only. It makes it a lot
easier to update the standings and to get free pp's. 2MinsToPost had it right
about having it only WPS it will make it a lot easier. Hopefully all this
will work out right and there is 3yo old stakes each week