PDA

View Full Version : 1/12007 Santa Anita Late Pk 4

lemoncrush
01-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Wasn't planning on playing today, but the late pick 4 at SA is intruging enough to dip in and take a little shot. I think beating Cambriacorsa and Proud Tower Too will produce a nice payoff.

Race 6: Tons of speed signed up for this, and it's nearly impossible to seperate the speed horses. I'm going to be looking for a price in the 7th and
8th races, so instead of spreading deep in this race, I'll only support the two closers, in KC Nite Majr and the Drysdale gelding Sherwood Park. One of the two should capitalize on all the speed.

Race 7: A hot 5-1/2 furlong sprint at Santa Anita just doesn't seem right without Pval. Harvard Avenue is intriguing, but I just don't see 5-1/2 furlongs being his cup of tea at this point in his career. I'm tossing Proud Tower Too, with the obvious layoff and other speed to deal with. I assume this is a prep for something bigger and better down the road.
I'm including both the O'neil horses Roi Charmant and Areyoutalkintome, as well as Bushwacker, in case he can steal it. I'd feel better if Pval was aboard, but like the work pattern and cutback to
5-1/2. Plus, the price should be nice.

Race 8: Love the downhill turf course at Santa Anita. Need to include the Clement/Gomez connection Society hostess and Selvetica is too hot to toss. I absoutley loved the way Clinet finished in her North American debut on the final day of the Oaktree meet, just missing to Beauty and the Beast. Never got on track taking on the huge field in the G1 at Hollywood, and think this is a much better spot. I'll throw in Honey Rose with Nakatani aboard and reluctantly include Cambriacorsa, as she's lethal on this course.

Race 9: Going deep in the 8th forces me to take the obvious single in the 9th with the Sadler horse Moneyplaysjose. Is the speed of the field and drops back in with Cal Breds. Should be a wire to wire threat at only 5-1/2 furlongs.

The bet: 5,12/1,7,8/6,9,11,13,14/10
$1 pk4: 2x3x5x1 = $30
Happy New year!