PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Straight

Gander
12-31-2006, 09:33 PM
In tomorrow's last race at Aqu.

This is a race where about 7 or 8 of them can win.

San Telmo, Cats Lad and Afleet Force are all going to be underlays.

Lucky Straight, Likely Stateman and Chicago Nate all overlays, all with realistic win chances.

GPK
01-01-2007, 06:09 AM
In tomorrow's last race at Aqu.

This is a race where about 7 or 8 of them can win.

San Telmo, Cats Lad and Afleet Force are all going to be underlays.

Lucky Straight, Likely Stateman and Chicago Nate all overlays, all with realistic win chances.

:D :D :D

still think he does his best running at Belmont...

AeWingnut
01-01-2007, 08:20 AM
you should be able to get a price on Chicago Nate. Nathan Vasher is pretty fast and he plays for the Chicago Bears who have the #1 seed in the NFC playoffs. (what more do you need to pick a winner :rolleyes:) While this is non-winners of 2, he seems to run 2nd more than anything. I would key him 2nd with Sir Speedator 3rd. Sir Speedator checked hard last race against Chicago Nate. If you like Nate don't you have to include Speedator in your exotic?

Since I like to play long shots I would have to take a flyer with Karakorum Thunder It was storming here last night and if he goes of more than 30-1 I would have to put $2 for peace of mind.

seriously San Telmo should get the win

$1 Superfecta

1 w/ 6 w/ 3,4,5,10 = $12

I'm sick today and doubt if I will be able to make it to the OTB to bet it.

Gander
01-01-2007, 08:24 AM
When was the last time San Telmo won a race? Why would he win today?
He burns more money than any horse I can think of in recent history, maybe only Flower Alley burned more in 2006 :D

Sir Speedator is an interesting longshot.

AeWingnut
01-01-2007, 08:52 AM
When was the last time San Telmo won a race? Why would he win today?
He burns more money than any horse I can think of in recent history, maybe only Flower Alley burned more in 2006 :D

Sir Speedator is an interesting longshot.

it's NW2L

True, San Telmo wins about as often as Cat's Lad. 1 for 35
Who do you want to put in his place? Afleet Force?

I guess if they go fast enough eary enough Shamrock Trick will go past all of them. He's in the money more than not.

I hate to say it but I let odds influence me. I will bet a horse at 20-1 more often than I will anything less than 5-1. I prefer maidens over this kinda race.

Gander
01-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Cant blame you but San Telmo wont be anywhere near 20/1. Try about 7/2.
Terrible field, somebody has to win. I suppose he could win. He usually fires and often teases. Cats Lad is an even worse bet in my opinion. If he couldnt win last time, forget it. I would use Lucky Straight or Likely Statesmen.

AeWingnut
01-01-2007, 09:22 AM
My comment about 20-1 meant that I always have a problem betting any favorite - not just San Telmo

I guess that is why I said should

I imagine Telmo should have won all those races where he burned money.
What I like about Shamrock Trick is
he's lightly raced and this is his 2nd after a layoff

your horses will be coming in the stretch. So if hey can close today, I would be on top of 'em myself. I just haven't noticed anyone coming from off of it at Aqueduct. But I've been away all week.

Stick to your guns and don't let me influence your bet.

Right now I am staying home and not betting the races. This cold will have to settle down a lot before I venture out

Gander
01-01-2007, 09:28 AM
A few closed yesterday, the 2 horses I actually liked won closing.
But today is a whole new story. I heard it rained all night in NY so expect a sloppy track. Usually means speed rules, so I cant blame you for leaning towards those with speed. Cats Lad should be on the engine here and San Telmo shouldnt be too far behind. Lousy race, just a little intriguing to me because most of the horses being bet are the ones that just dont know how to win. I think a horse wins this at 10/1 or higher.

Gander
01-01-2007, 10:36 AM
San Telmo and his entrymate are both scratched. Makes this race a lot less desirable to bet. Now the horses I would have gotten 10/1 on will be like 7/1.

AeWingnut
01-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Con a sewer

damn.. like I said. I hate this race

Gander
01-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Con a sewer

damn.. like I said. I hate this race

I hate it too. Funny how Cats Lad just conveniently forgot to bring his speed today. Hmmm? 8/1 on the 2, somebody knew something.

AeWingnut
01-01-2007, 03:32 PM
sure everyone knows when you give them 200+ days rest they are ready to pop :rolleyes:

bad race.

Good luck on the rest of the day
no matter what happens I can't be a loser
I made my bets and left