PDA

View Full Version : Will Balance be up to it?

rock1968
12-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Okay... Santa Anita race 8
Balance returns to the track for the first time since May...
Is she going to be up to the task?
Early odds have her at 3/1...

She loves this track.. so I feel she is going to be a safe bet.

$20 #2 WP

Gander
12-30-2006, 08:12 AM
I dont see Balance winning this race today. She is going to have to be wound up perfectly to win at this distance. While I see a lot of speed in here, I dont necessarily see all of those who go to the early lead just stopping, you know what I mean?

Win McCool isnt just going to lie down in the stretch, she is obvioulsy well meant and has the tendency to be a fighter. I dont think 7/2 is a great price on her though. Not the kind of race I would want to need somebody to win in.

avance2000
12-30-2006, 08:18 AM
Will Balance be up to it?
No.
I wouldn't bet $20 to win on her if I was you. 7f is not an ideal distance for her and as gander points out she will probably need the pace to fall apart in front of her to win. the problem for her will be that if the pace does fall apart, Squallacious seems more likely to be the one that runs them down.

Gander
12-30-2006, 08:21 AM
I agree Avance. I dont know much about Squallicious but she looks like a better win canindate than Balance if the pace collapses. So too does Foxysox, a horse who ran teriffic last out. Win McCool wont just give this up, I wish she would be a bigger than the expected price, but I doubt she will.

rock1968
12-30-2006, 08:39 AM
K.. well I can lower the bet. I like Espinoza though...If anyone is going to know how to ride her the distance I think he is the man to do it.
Personally I would have thought they would bring her back to a smaller race to see what she is up to. But she has been training well.
Can't count out Foxy Socks either... she is coming off a nice win at Hollywood.. however she lost Espinoza so.. i guess i'm playing the Jockey more than the horse.
Squallacious took a second in the distance at Hollywood.. so I don't think that she will factor into this as much as Foxy will.
May go with a box exacta on Balance/Foxy for a couple bucks as well.

coltsfan
12-30-2006, 10:37 AM
More I look at it on paper, the more I like Foxy. No surprise Expinoza went to Balance. (would've been shocked if he didn't) Anyone see the Bayakoa? My only question about Foxy is that that race may have taken a little something out of her.

Gander
12-30-2006, 11:55 AM
I cant play this race, just too tough and too many ways it can pan out.
I think Squallicious will go postward as the betting favorite. Every wise guy in the world likes this horse. I like to stay away from horses like this.

Sightseek
12-30-2006, 12:13 PM
I don't like Balance and see lots of interesting horses here;
# 10 Downthedustyroad 8-1
# 2 Bettarunfast 15-1
# 5 Les Ry Leigh 12-1

coltsfan
12-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Well, scratch Foxy. Guess I'll see if Baffert can pull an upset.

paisjpq
12-30-2006, 01:31 PM
right now I'm leaning towards 8-6-4-7

SniperSB23
12-30-2006, 02:07 PM
I don't like Balance and see lots of interesting horses here;
# 10 Downthedustyroad 8-1
# 2 Bettarunfast 15-1
# 5 Les Ry Leigh 12-1

I like those three with Squallacious all under Win McCool. Plus a saver win bet on Downthedustryroad.