PDA

View Full Version : a couple for santa anita 12/28

lg1965
12-28-2006, 01:48 AM
6th royal place is very capable of 1:12 and small change down the hill, and this is his softest spot in a long time, if not ever. the 1nov06 field would dominate this race. becerra/gomez have been a good team.

8th hoot is another sitting in his softest spot yet and he faces a horrible field. if the #1 pops and stops, as he's done everytime in his life, it leaves the race wide open for a horse with any kind of talent. not saying hoot has any talent, but he should have enough for this group. this is a horrid field.

some other interesting horses

2nd round heels showed versatility in last, and should find herself back on the front end in this one while cutting back.

4th becerra has another interesting one here. ballado's gold broke poorly in his first race and rushed up to go 44 and 4 before puking, but in his 2nd race he ran a much less eventful race and finished with promise. the stretch out should sit well with him. who can tell if baffert/espinoza can get a mile off a 6 month rest. he's probably the best horse, but he might be short. that 1:23 and 1 work is smokin' even for baffert. if baffert's other one runs well in this race, which i think he will, he'll be a definite bet next time. this is a good field.

5th all ice lemon and rum needs to do is run this race like he did the first 6 furlongs in his last, and he should outrun this field. as bad as #3 key maker may look, i'll bet he's the engine in this race. he could carry them a long way.

SCUDSBROTHER
12-28-2006, 02:58 AM
Very windy tonight in SOCAL. Some of these horses may not get their proper zzzzzzzzz.In the last race,the 1 horse has been beaten by some animals that would destroy this field (DR.SMARTZ etc.)You'll notice that he has never gone off as the favorite.If he can't get a piece of the lead,he obviously quits.He should be able to put the 2 horse away on the turn(if not before,)and he will be tough for 25k maiden claimers to run down.I do believe Mig's horse(your horse) is the main threat.The 1 horse (S. T. BELIEVER) has a couple negatives(the post and that G awful trainer.) This trainer does win 25k caliming races with horses he claims for 40k.Almost every race he wins is with horses he claimed for higher prices than he wins with them at.DUH.I think the 2 horse will be much more dangerous if they take the blinkers off him.I think that horse will come around.He showed a lot of heart at Fairplex,but needs to relax in order to win on a mile track.I will use him if I can.He was up against a closers bias last time,but it still isn't a good enough excuse(for stopping that much.)Wish we didn't have to trash dig with maiden claimers,but those are what they have a lot of.They are healthier than good horses.Weeds are tougher than flowers.

SCUDSBROTHER
12-28-2006, 02:59 AM
Hope that Carpetmuncher doesn't throw a grenade.

lg1965
12-28-2006, 08:51 AM
i'm more confident that the 1 will backup to some degree than i am that the 10 will fire. the 1 needs to drag it out another 1/2 furlong. any chance he runs that last half furlong in 8 seconds? i'll bet he won't be much faster.
thanks for your input. good stuff.

SCUDSBROTHER
12-28-2006, 12:46 PM
i'm more confident that the 1 will backup to some degree than i am that the 10 will fire. the 1 needs to drag it out another 1/2 furlong. any chance he runs that last half furlong in 8 seconds? i'll bet he won't be much faster.
thanks for your input. good stuff.

I agree that 6 1/2 is much less appealing than 6f(for this horse.)A horse may get him late.We will see.A lot of it depends on the track today.Isn't this horse like the horse Knapp has in the 5th today(DIAMOND MINER.)I thought that one was a play against for m25k claiming,but he never thought about stopping(once he cleared.)

lg1965
12-28-2006, 01:20 PM
diamond miner had been up against better before he got down to the 25k level, had a placing at 62.5, never had cleared before, and was cutting back. our boy here in the 8th has cleared a couple times, at shorter, and been unable to hold on. he looks to be the type where something is going to always catch him before it's over. he looks like he'll win someday, and will probably light the board today, but that last furlong has been big trouble for him.

SCUDSBROTHER
12-28-2006, 06:44 PM
OMG...Tyler and Potts run sub 44 with m25 claimers.Damn,that is incredibly stupid.

lg1965
12-29-2006, 09:13 AM
taking all things into consideration, that horse ran a very promising race.