PDA

View Full Version : Claim of the day??

Gerson Racing
12-27-2006, 11:49 PM
American Allstar in the 6th at Santa Anita Thursday looks like a good claim..Solid fit for this level. Anybody in CA have any knocks on this horse?
I dont think he is worth more than $50K, but if you hold him out of jail and run him back for $50k you could pick up $20K for your troubles....What do you think??

lg1965
12-28-2006, 12:17 AM
are you sure he's even worth $50k? his 5th and 6th career wins were bottom level allowance wins, so that means he's been a life long claimer, and he doesn't show a win any higher than at $40k, except the northern cal stake, which might have had 2 horses in it that can compete in this race. no doubt he's sharp, and if you're going to do it, now's the time. jail still 30 days? if so, that's not putting him aside too long.

i don't think he wins tomorrow, and i wouldn't bet him back at $50k.

Scav
12-28-2006, 08:33 AM
This is an interesting topic. Maybe we should start some sort of a fantasy contest where we get 40k to claim horses across the country and see how we do, that would be awesome....I am going to think about it the rest of the day, and with the fact that the new year is starting, we could do this for a full year

blackthroatedwind
12-28-2006, 08:37 AM
I thought it was pretty interesting that Assmussen claimed the second winner at Aqueduct Wednesday.

The horse was 20-1!

Gander
12-28-2006, 08:52 AM
I noticed the same thing about the 20/1 shot that was claimed. He won rather easily. Bet you a certain trainer had some win money on him ;)

I also thought Coa's ride in the 9th was a little interesting. He wasnt beat all that much by Log Jam and about 20-30 yards from the line looked to the inside of him when he should have been trying to win the race.

Gander
12-28-2006, 09:07 AM
I dont like American All Star today at SA. These horses are turn takers and he had his last time. A horse I have been chasing to no avail is Witness This. He comes off a dirt race and gets back to his more favored surface. He runs well here and at this distance. Would not be surprise if he gets his turn today and at around 6/1 or 7/1, I think hes the best play in here.

philcski
12-28-2006, 09:20 AM
I thought it was pretty interesting that Assmussen claimed the second winner at Aqueduct Wednesday.

The horse was 20-1!

He actually claimed Cute But Tough, who finished 5th @ 6-1, which is just as surprising because this one showed absolutely nothing (last by 28) against a statebred MSW. The fact that he went off at 6-1 shows how horrible this field was...

Gander
12-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Somebody is wrong then. After the race, it was reported that the winner Restless Mind was claimed. Not exactly sure by who but I definetely remember seeing that this horse had been claimed.

Says on equibase that the horse that was claimed was Cute but Tough.

lg1965
12-28-2006, 10:57 AM

The horse was 20-1!

i wonder if Steve A. went on an internet board and asked for opinions.
goes something like this............

i like this horse in the 2nd today at the big a. i think i can improve him 25-30 points in one race. what do you all think?

and a response like this..............

i think you're being conservative. you'll probably see a 35-40 point improvement next out. best of luck, S. Lake

blackthroatedwind
12-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Believe it or not I look at another board where somebody gave out that winner like three day ago.

Helluva pick.

Gerson Racing
12-29-2006, 10:03 PM
I claim a lot of horses in CA and would find it interesting to see what people think would be a good claim..The horses in CA have been picked over so much that it is difficult to see what is happening since I am so close to it..

Gerson Racing
12-29-2006, 10:04 PM
I didnt take him, but he ran pretty well...He might show up for $32k