PDA

View Full Version : 7th Santa Anita

Rupert Pupkin
12-26-2006, 05:12 PM
I give Zann a decent shot in here at a good price. I don't think he ran his best in either of his last two. They brought him back too quick in the BienBien. As if that wasn't bad enough, then they run back in the Hollywood Derby at 1 1/4 miles. It is extremely rare that you will see a horse stretch out to 1 1/4 miles and win against really good horses. That was simply too much, too soon. I'm hoping he has had time to recover. It's been a month.

SCUDSBROTHER
12-26-2006, 05:17 PM
I went with the 3 inside horses.I was ready to take Get Funky in this race(before he got the awful post.)

Rupert Pupkin
12-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Zann never switched leads and got beat for 2nd by a nose. It's too bad because I bet just as much to place as to win and he was paying over $9.00 to place. He didn't get a very good trip either. He had nowhere to go all the way around the turn. He totally lost his position. If he would have had some room, he would have been within a couple of lengths of the leaders at the 1/4 pole, instead of 7 lengths back. He certainly would have gotten 2nd with a better trip.

Nice call on the winner Scuds. Did you bet anything to win?

SCUDSBROTHER
12-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Zann never switched leads and got beat for 2nd by a nose. It's too bad because I bet just as much to place as to win and he was paying over $9.00 to place. He didn't get a very good trip either. He had nowhere to go all the way around the turn. He totally lost his position. If he would have had some room, he would have been within a couple of lengths of the leaders at the 1/4 pole, instead of 7 lengths back. He certainly would have gotten 2nd with a better trip.

Nice call on the winner Scuds. Did you bet anything to win?

No,I am in recovery mode.Just live to A Squad for the pick 3,and that's it for today(I took my shot with the Zucker,and Sadler had his filly too sharp.)I want some mo energy for myself.I want him training me,too.