PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Tue/Pick 4

Bigsmc
12-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Heavy rains here this morning. I have no doubt that they will be off the turf tomorrow. The turf races have been handicapped for dirt.

6th Race- AlwN1X Turf about 1 1/16

7 - Miami Sunrise - Woodard trainee fires a bullet over the Tampa surface after a last out win over the Aqueduct outer. Will take all the money, deservedly so.
4 - Star Commando - If the chalk should falter, this gelding may be the one to step forward. Sports a nice 8f win over the Calder dirt.
10 - Rojo de Amour - The only multiple fast track winner in the field (3wins) including a win at Tampa. Wily Knipe sends out this upset special.

7th Race - Clm 10000N2L 6.0f

2 - Gold Gram - Proctor/Lezcano combo is as deadly as they get in these parts. Look for a big improvement.
6 - Olivermight - If there is a duel up front, this one may pick up the pieces. You can't ignore the work Rafael Ramos has done with his limited starters. Another that should show a big improvement with his new conditioner.
7 - Stormy Answer - Lightly raced filly already has a win over this surface. Has shown she can win off the bench.

8th Race - AlwN1X Turf about 1 1/16

8 - Utmost Respect - Ran a 9 last out which matches his top. Last time he ran his top, he repeated that top the next two he ran. Therefore, in a normal "bounce" spot, we will look for another race similar to his last.
4 - Art of Diplomacy - Gelding will be running late. Lezcano sees fit.
1 - A Storm's A'formin - Camilo/Gonzalez have clicked twice already this meet with double digit winners ($13.80 & 36.80), this one could be a third. Workout shows he likes the track surface.

9th Race - Clm 8000 6.0f

9 - Western Night - Allen & Allen send out the speed of the speed. Wire to wire chance.
4 - Ugofaster - If the speed folds, this Gerald Bennett red will get first run at them.
1 - Glenners - Ignore a Joan Scott entry at your own peril. Late runner has been training steadily for his first out for Ms. Scott (27% 1st with).
10 - Lord Champagne - I kept trying to find a reason to toss this one out, but couldn't. Four for eight lifetime wins and another stalker sitting off the speed, makes this one formidable.

Good luck to all tomorrow.

GPK
12-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Heavy rains here this morning. I have no doubt that they will be off the turf tomorrow. The turf races have been handicapped for dirt.

6th Race- AlwN1X Turf about 1 1/16

7 - Miami Sunrise - Woodard trainee fires a bullet over the Tampa surface after a last out win over the Aqueduct outer. Will take all the money, deservedly so.
4 - Star Commando - If the chalk should falter, this gelding may be the one to step forward. Sports a nice 8f win over the Calder dirt.
10 - Rojo de Amour - The only multiple fast track winner in the field (3wins) including a win at Tampa. Wily Knipe sends out this upset special.

7th Race - Clm 10000N2L 6.0f

2 - Gold Gram - Proctor/Lezcano combo is as deadly as they get in these parts. Look for a big improvement.
6 - Olivermight - If there is a duel up front, this one may pick up the pieces. You can't ignore the work Rafael Ramos has done with his limited starters. Another that should show a big improvement with his new conditioner.
7 - Stormy Answer - Lightly raced filly already has a win over this surface. Has shown she can win off the bench.

8th Race - AlwN1X Turf about 1 1/16

8 - Utmost Respect - Ran a 9 last out which matches his top. Last time he ran his top, he repeated that top the next two he ran. Therefore, in a normal "bounce" spot, we will look for another race similar to his last.
4 - Art of Diplomacy - Gelding will be running late. Lezcano sees fit.
1 - A Storm's A'formin - Camilo/Gonzalez have clicked twice already this meet with double digit winners ($13.80 & 36.80), this one could be a third. Workout shows he likes the track surface.

9th Race - Clm 8000 6.0f

9 - Western Night - Allen & Allen send out the speed of the speed. Wire to wire chance.
4 - Ugofaster - If the speed folds, this Gerald Bennett red will get first run at them.
1 - Glenners - Ignore a Joan Scott entry at your own peril. Late runner has been training steadily for his first out for Ms. Scott (27% 1st with).
10 - Lord Champagne - I kept trying to find a reason to toss this one out, but couldn't. Four for eight lifetime wins and another stalker sitting off the speed, makes this one formidable.

Good luck to all tomorrow.

Thanks again Mike...I may take a look at tomorrows races here in a few..

GPK
12-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Biggie...when they gonna start paying us for 3 of 4?? We got that act down cold.:D

Gander
12-26-2006, 04:45 PM
You seen that guy fall of his horse in the 10th? He had a huge lead in the stretch when he fell. Looked fishy to me.

paisjpq
12-26-2006, 04:56 PM
You seen that guy fall of his horse in the 10th? He had a huge lead in the stretch when he fell. Looked fishy to me.
I haven't seen the race...but as a rider I can say with certainty that NO ONE falls off for fun...there is just too much risk of getting hurt...or if you are in the lead going 35 mph... getting dead when the horses behind you run you over.

Gander
12-26-2006, 05:53 PM
The guy riding the horse who finished 2nd didnt even try with his horse and yet only lost by a little bit. He could have easily went by the winner but for some reason didnt act like he wanted to. No wonder I dont play that track. From what I hear Ferrer has done and those 3 who recently were suspended, its all adding up. Snake oil down there. Come and get it.

Gander
12-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Glad somebody else saw that too. What the F was up with that?
Now I'm real sorry when any horse breaks down or hurts himself, but there was a race left and the horse that ran 2nd was easily by the winner....if the jockey wanted him to be. Hmmm?

Raysva
12-27-2006, 03:57 AM
Must be! horse snapped his leg, did you really watch it,or hear someone say something about it? The latter , with that assnine comment.Bring on your reply, if you dare to have one I am sure ther is as much credabilty to it as your original statement.

Bigsmc
12-27-2006, 06:24 AM

Nothing fishy.

Complete breakdown. Right in front of the grandstand. Horse couldn't even stand. Extremely sad. The horse that won had to hurdle the rider (Huber Villa-Gomez) and appeared to hit him.

Also knew a guy who was claiming the horse. He was relieved to lose the shake, but just as sad as the rest of us watching.

Here's hoping HVG is okay.

Bigsmc
12-27-2006, 06:27 AM
Biggie...when they gonna start paying us for 3 of 4?? We got that act down cold.:D

3 of 4 sucks:( .

Rough day for me yesterday. Crappy decision making. When they bobbed, I weaved and vice versa.

I'll lick my wounds and try again Friday.

GPK
12-27-2006, 09:05 AM
3 of 4 sucks:( .

Rough day for me yesterday. Crappy decision making. When they bobbed, I weave and vice versa.

I'll lick my wounds and try again Friday.

I'll be around tomorrow night...we can knock it out together...