PDA

View Full Version : 12.24 Calder X-Mas Eve Day

SentToStud
12-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Merry XMas wishes and much to be thankful for including today's Calder card.

Figuring Fast/Good and turf rail should be set at 10 feet as scheduled yesterday.

Race 1 CLM 20k 6.5F 2 YO Fillies
3 Shanhai Sweetie
4 Halos Cat

3, Shanhai to win at 6-1+. The locals haven't run a winning-type race at this level and this is a decent spot for this shipper from NJ who ran well with what I think are slightly better creatures.

Race 2 MSW Turf 8F 2 yos
4 Shake it Off
3 Metzger
9 Fifty Five
13 Bernouli (if in)

Really tough 2 yo MSW turf race at a mile. I'll try 4, Shake it Off at 12-1 or higher to win. I'm a big D. Fawkes fan and Shake it Off goes second out and comes out of a quickly run sprint that's brought back 2 next out winners. Two works since debut race.

Race 3 CLM 12.5k 5.5F 3+
6 Wise Todd
3 Brother Scott

Race 4 MSW 9F Turf 3-4 YOs
Very tough race and I have no clue.

Race 5 CLM 16k 8.5F 3 yo+
6 Tequila Party
4 Koenigstrasse

Also 6, Tequila PArty to win at 4-1+. Another playable shipper which has run well vs open 10k types at Hawthorne and those are probably as good or better than this limited winner local group. 5x winner has run well at several tracks and should be close up with Jermaine seemingly hopping off the likely chalk Koenigstrasse.

Race 6 OPT 16k/n1x 5.0F Turf
10 Dances
2 Mines Bid
3 Lord Abounding (D. Scocca sighting!!!)
9 Mach Three

Race 7 MSW 1M 70yards 2 YO
1 Smooth Brew
3 Buddys Gap
2 Mind Eraser

Also, #1, Smooth Brew to win at 6-1+. Decent turf run, passing a few and should be close enough here. Has the best 2-turn race I've seen of these, imo.

Race 8 CLM 10k 5.5F F/M
7 Daylight Time
6 Karonova
8 Running With Honors

Race 9 MCL 12K 7F 3-4 YO Fillies
5 Elenas Princcess
1 Alma Irene

Also 5, Elena's PRincess to win at 12-1+. Horrid looking crew and she's the least disgraced of the bunch. Showed good speed in turf debut and stretches off the recent slopfest. Playable shot.

Race 10 OPT $40k/n1x 6F Fillies 2 YO
3 Synergy
7 Xupal
2 Another Month

Race 11 OPT $25k/n2x 5.5F F/M
1 Tchula Miss
5 Send Me an Angel

Send Me An Angel looks 4/5 but I like Tchula Miss to win at 5-1+. Former solid stakes mare is in cheap for Steve Dwoskin today.

Race 12 MCL 25k 7 F 2 YOs
2 Song of Myself
1 Fortunately Bold
6 Final Trump

Also, 2 Song of Myself to win at 4-1+. 3rd out, drop and cutback for R Garcia colt and it looks to me he's the lone speed here. I like this guy a lot today and I'm hoping for twice the 4-1 price I'll play him at.

good luck and Happy Holidays!!!!

SentToStud
12-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Changes/Scratches up.

Off the Turf.

Bah, humbug!

http://www.calderracecourse.com/racing_information/todays_race_card/program_changes.html

Scav
12-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Race 2: #5 Quarto Amigo - Horse was purchased for 75k off a 5k stallion so someone obviously liked him. Took a tiny bit of action in his first race and has some turf breeding. Big fan of Cornhelio. 10-1 ML

Race 4: #2 The Legend Grows - Wolfson doesn't use Castro here, which when he does, is an auto play, but Castro has to ride for Mott when asked because of the stock that Mott has. Think Wolfson sneaks this filly in whose has some good green bloodlines, including having a broodmare sire of Affirmed.

Race 7: #3 Biddy's Gap - This is another type of horse that I love to play. Problem is that there isn't a nut horse(percieved to the public) where I can get decent odds on her. 2nd start, and in the first start she took a little action (3rd fav). You can see that their really wasn't any reason (as far as works) to play her in her first start (four traceable works before that posted race). And her last work was her best so far. Locked and loaded.

SentToStud
12-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Race 2: #5 Quarto Amigo - Horse was purchased for 75k off a 5k stallion so someone obviously liked him. Took a tiny bit of action in his first race and has some turf breeding. Big fan of Cornhelio. 10-1 ML

Race 4: #2 The Legend Grows - Wolfson doesn't use Castro here, which when he does, is an auto play, but Castro has to ride for Mott when asked because of the stock that Mott has. Think Wolfson sneaks this filly in whose has some good green bloodlines, including having a broodmare sire of Affirmed.

Race 7: #3 Biddy's Gap - This is another type of horse that I love to play. Problem is that there isn't a nut horse(percieved to the public) where I can get decent odds on her. 2nd start, and in the first start she took a little action (3rd fav). You can see that their really wasn't any reason (as far as works) to play her in her first start (four traceable works before that posted race). And her last work was her best so far. Locked and loaded.

No turf today.

Quatro still in.

Legend ... still in and Castro will ride as Mott's scratched.

Scav
12-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I had Miners Bid in there, I liked him alot today but the scratch made me delete it. My touts still hold

Scav
12-24-2006, 02:05 PM

Two easy winners but got screwed because of the scratchs and stupid herpes. Better then tearing up tickets I guess

hoovesupsideyourhead
12-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Two easy winners but got screwed because of the scratchs and stupid herpes. Better then tearing up tickets I guess i played the 4 here race 9..