PDA

View Full Version : Not Phone, First Samurai, etc

Lbigdog77
05-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Hello to all.

Happy to be an official member of the Derby Trail Forum. Good-bye ESPN!

Very disappointed w/ Not Phone's race Sunday. Didn't particularly care for the ride that Prado gave him (three checks), but I don't think he would have beat the winner that day regardless. Congrats to Bill Mott for having his horse ready to go.

First Samurai resumed training last week after 5+ weeks of stall walking to recoup from broken ribs (two left rear) sustained during the Bluegrass Stakes. Should everything go perfectly, we hope to have him racing at Saratoga. If not, who knows! Day by day!

Considering running That's A Given in the Belmont. Certainly a long-shot, but with a weak field, perhaps worth a shot. Broke his maiden at Belmont 2+ weeks ago by 9+ lengths in a 1 1/8 race. Sire is Point Given, dam (Dame Avie) has produced four stakes winners. He's on the improve and might be worth taking a chance on. We'll determine his status after he works this Friday.

Cheers to all. LR

Scurlogue Champ
05-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Take a shot with That's A Given. It surely can't hurt and you will know what you got afterwards for sure.

SCUDSBROTHER
05-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Hope he is o.k.(n.p.)He looked like something may have gone wrong(physically) in the last 16th.

1st_Saturday_in_May
05-29-2006, 10:31 PM
For what my opinion is worth (nothing at all...haha) I say send Thats a Given to the Belmont. Its setting up to be the type that can be won with a 100 Beyer and your horse is bred for the distance. Hell, look at Nolan's Cat last year grabbing 3rd! Also great to hear that First Sam is getting back and I cannot wait until he proves all the doubters wrong! Best of luck in your endeavors

~ dustin

Lbigdog77
05-29-2006, 10:35 PM
Mood & Scuds - Noticed we're all "Junior Members" ... perhaps we should name a horse "Junior Member"!!

Jockey Club will definitely reject my request for such a name ... lHall Lass was the doom for me re: any potentially controversial names! Let me know if either of want to apply for the name!

NP came out of the race fine (according to Rick). Not sure what to point him to next ... any/all thoughts welcome / respected. LR

SCUDSBROTHER
05-29-2006, 10:37 PM
You need a rabbit like All Hail Stormy.Consider buying that piggy,and running these 2 as a pair.For all we know,he gets a real charge from seeing a horse come back to him,and Stormy will certainly do that.

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-29-2006, 10:56 PM
lbig i think you are right..the checks killed his chances and the lack of position
he seemed to be un comfortable in the 5 path...good luck with him...

Ironhorse
05-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Hello to all.

Happy to be an official member of the Derby Trail Forum. Good-bye ESPN!

Very disappointed w/ Not Phone's race Sunday. Didn't particularly care for the ride that Prado gave him (three checks), but I don't think he would have beat the winner that day regardless. Congrats to Bill Mott for having his horse ready to go.

First Samurai resumed training last week after 5+ weeks of stall walking to recoup from broken ribs (two left rear) sustained during the Bluegrass Stakes. Should everything go perfectly, we hope to have him racing at Saratoga. If not, who knows! Day by day!

Considering running That's A Given in the Belmont. Certainly a long-shot, but with a weak field, perhaps worth a shot. Broke his maiden at Belmont 2+ weeks ago by 9+ lengths in a 1 1/8 race. Sire is Point Given, dam (Dame Avie) has produced four stakes winners. He's on the improve and might be worth taking a chance on. We'll determine his status after he works this Friday.

Cheers to all. LR

Why do you think its such a weak field in the Belmont? You have the second, third and fourth place horse from the Kentucky Derby. The first place horse from the Peter Pan. And several other nice horses. Seems kind of arrogant for a maiden winner, 2 weeks ago, to call this a weak field. Wide open yes, weak no.

Lbigdog77
05-30-2006, 01:12 AM
Ironhorse - Weak as could be, thank you please.

Ky Derby winner - not there. Preakness winner - not there.

4th place finisher in the Ky Derby and entry in the Belmont - a maiden - did you know this or do you have a different angle?

3rd place finisher in the Preakness and entry in the Belmont - a MAIDEN - did you know this or do you have a different angle?

That's A Given won a 1 1/8 race at Belmont under a hand ride in almost the identical time as Sunriver's Peter Pan win (under a strong whipping).

Who are your strong, quality contenders? Please enlighten me. Lansdon

Scurlogue Champ
05-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Lansdon,

I saw that Team Valor colt's last race and he looks like he likes to run a little.

I'm not sure how he will adjust to the surface and/or the pace scenario but he looks to be good. If yours is sitting on one, I would fire that little guy out there and see what happens.

Dunbar
05-30-2006, 04:21 AM
Lbig, I agree it's a relatively weak field. That's why the floodgates are apparently open for entries, and they are streaming in. If they keep streaming, the race may not be so easy.

I would not run a young horse in a 1.5 mile race carrying 126 lbs unless 2 things were true: 1. It was the Belmont Stakes. 2. I thought my horse had a VERY good chance to win.

"A shot" would not be enough for me. A "good chance" would also not be enough.

If your horse goes, I'll be rooting for him. But I personally think it would be better to pick and choose from the summer stakes.

--Dunbar

packerbacker7964
05-30-2006, 04:35 AM
anyone remember Savrava?

oracle80
05-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Why do you think its such a weak field in the Belmont? You have the second, third and fourth place horse from the Kentucky Derby. The first place horse from the Peter Pan. And several other nice horses. Seems kind of arrogant for a maiden winner, 2 weeks ago, to call this a weak field. Wide open yes, weak no.

Ironhorse,
By all means and ratings this is a very weak Belmont. WEAK!!!!!!!!! BC has never won a grade one, neither has Steppenwolfer, nor Jazil.
The basis you used for declaring this race to not be weak was that the "2nd,3rd, and 4th derby finishers" are in there. I respectfully say to you, big deal and who cares? Heck, Jazil and Wlf have NEVER won a stake!!! And BC has yet to win a grade one. No Derby or Preak winner, no exciting new shooters. This field is as wweak or weaker than the Belmont in 2000.

WEAK YES WIDE OPEN YES!!!!!!

zippyneedsawin
05-30-2006, 07:34 AM
LDog!! Good to see you on the DerbyTrail board.. great, ain't it??:)

Glad to hear FS is doing well, all the best on a safe return to the track..
I like the thought of running That's a Given in the Belmont. Why not?.. It IS a weaker than normal triple crown race. He could certainly grab a piece (if not the whole thing!!)
-I didn't see the NP race, I assumed he just didn't fire.. I didn't know he checked several times.. better racing luck next time!!
take care,

dan

zippyneedsawin
05-30-2006, 07:36 AM
I don't think anybody is calling the Belmont "easy," just that the "big guns" are not going.. making it a weaker field than expected. It'll still take a geat effort for any horse to cross the wire first!

Lbig, I agree it's a relatively weak field. That's why the floodgates are apparently open for entries, and they are streaming in. If they keep streaming, the race may not be so easy.

I would not run a young horse in a 1.5 mile race carrying 126 lbs unless 2 things were true: 1. It was the Belmont Stakes. 2. I thought my horse had a VERY good chance to win.

"A shot" would not be enough for me. A "good chance" would also not be enough.

If your horse goes, I'll be rooting for him. But I personally think it would be better to pick and choose from the summer stakes.

--Dunbar

hoovesupsideyourhead
05-30-2006, 08:36 AM
just watched thats a given may 13 race..hell yes id put him in..he wasnt even asked..1.10 .6f..he has every chance to get a placing..if he came out of the race ok ..fire him..

Secretariat
05-30-2006, 08:39 AM
i see a noble causeway colt won the shoemaker mile, any plans on keeping first sam a little shorter than 9f.

Ironhorse
05-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Ironhorse - Weak as could be, thank you please.

Ky Derby winner - not there. Preakness winner - not there.

4th place finisher in the Ky Derby and entry in the Belmont - a maiden - did you know this or do you have a different angle?

3rd place finisher in the Preakness and entry in the Belmont - a MAIDEN - did you know this or do you have a different angle?

That's A Given won a 1 1/8 race at Belmont under a hand ride in almost the identical time as Sunriver's Peter Pan win (under a strong whipping).

Who are your strong, quality contenders? Please enlighten me. Lansdon

You are missing my point. Despite the fact that Barbaro and Bernardini are not running there still are some good horses running in here. They also have a good solid foundation for this race. I disagree with you that they are all weak. I do agree that some in here seem to be reaching.

Bluegrass Cat, Deputy Glitters, Jazil, Steppenwolfer, Sunriver and Bob & John seem to be the stronger horses.

I have a hard time using your horses race in comparison to Sunriver for two reasons. Different day and maiden field vs. a stakes field.

oracle80
05-30-2006, 12:43 PM
You are missing my point. Despite the fact that Barbaro and Bernardini are not running there still are some good horses running in here. They also have a good solid foundation for this race. I disagree with you that they are all weak. I do agree that some in here seem to be reaching.

Bluegrass Cat, Deputy Glitters, Jazil, Steppenwolfer, Sunriver and Bob & John seem to be the stronger horses.

I have a hard time using your horses race in comparison to Sunriver for two reasons. Different day and maiden field vs. a stakes field.
Funny thats what they said about sarava and Commendable as well as Noalns Cat last year before he hit the board.
Its a mile and a half race and at this time of year what some would call foundation, others would call over the top. The horses you just named have all been going at it very hard since last fall/winter. I've seen many melt down in the belmont who fit their profile. No doubt if he runs he will be a big price, thats justified. But Belmont Park is a particularly quirky surface, note Silver Trains dominance on it while being just average everyplace else. If you have a horse who handles big Sandy, you are always more inclined to take a shot. I also know that if Thats A Given had to ship for this race that he would not be considered. But when they are running a race atyour home track and you dont have teh taxation of shipping, its reasonable to tak a shot where you might not. One other thing, the detention barn has been an issue with amny horses who come to NY to race. It affected the BC last fall as a few horses flipped out in it. Obviously, Thats A given has handled it and it only meansa short walk from his stall.
The non winners of one condition will be written once a week at a track he can run at for the rest of this summer. hes already tri crwon nominated so its not like they are gambling a late fee, or shipping expenses. just taking a colt who appears to be getting sharper and taking a shot on his home track which he loves, in a race that his sire won by a city block. I guess its a good thing Lukas and Mcpeek didn't listen to people when Commendable and Sarava ran and won as "hopelessly overmatched horses" in 2000 and 2002.

Cajungator26
05-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Funny thats what they said about sarava and Commendable as well as Noalns Cat last year before he hit the board.
Its a mile and a half race and at this time of year what some would call foundation, others would call over the top. The horses you just named have all been going at it very hard since last fall/winter. I've seen many melt down in the belmont who fit their profile. No doubt if he runs he will be a big price, thats justified. But Belmont Park is a particularly quirky surface, note Silver Trains dominance on it while being just average everyplace else. If you have a horse who handles big Sandy, you are always more inclined to take a shot. I also know that if Thats A Given had to ship for this race that he would not be considered. But when they are running a race atyour home track and you dont have teh taxation of shipping, its reasonable to tak a shot where you might not. One other thing, the detention barn has been an issue with amny horses who come to NY to race. It affected the BC last fall as a few horses flipped out in it. Obviously, Thats A given has handled it and it only meansa short walk from his stall.
The non winners of one condition will be written once a week at a track he can run at for the rest of this summer. hes already tri crwon nominated so its not like they are gambling a late fee, or shipping expenses. just taking a colt who appears to be getting sharper and taking a shot on his home track which he loves, in a race that his sire won by a city block. I guess its a good thing Lukas and Mcpeek didn't listen to people when Commendable and Sarava ran and won as "hopelessly overmatched horses" in 2000 and 2002.

I agree. I had Nolan's Cat last year in my tri (didn't have Andromeda's Hero though DUH), and I was glad that I didn't listen to everyone else who said he had no shot of hitting the board. I would give "That's a Given" a chance in the Belmont based upon his pedigree alone. This field is a weak field (compared to those in the past) and I think that the colt deserves a chance.

Lbigdog77
05-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Ironhorse - You confuse me. Why is Jazil listed as one of your top Belmont selections? He's a maiden ... never won a race, but now he's a top pick for a grade I win?

I would never post here saying I'm confident That's A Given will win the Belmont (we may not even enter him). But could he run well and finish in the money (and possibly, long shot as it may be, win)? Absolutely.

You have no right to call me "arrogant". "Hopeful", yes. "Optimistic", yes.

If you meet me in person, then you have every right to call me whatever you want. Until that day, please refrain from the negative labeling. We can get plenty of that on the ESPN board.

Lansdon

randallscott35
05-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Jazil is not a maiden. He won a Mdsp at AQ in December.

zippyneedsawin
05-30-2006, 10:17 PM
I think Sacred Light is the maiden Ldog is thinking of.

Ironhorse - You confuse me. Why is Jazil listed as one of your top Belmont selections? He's a maiden ... never won a race, but now he's a top pick for a grade I win?

I would never post here saying I'm confident That's A Given will win the Belmont (we may not even enter him). But could he run well and finish in the money (and possibly, long shot as it may be, win)? Absolutely.

If you meet me in person, then you have every right to call me whatever you want. Until that day, please refrain from the negative labeling. We can get plenty of that on the ESPN board.

Lansdon

Ironhorse
05-30-2006, 10:44 PM

Lansdon

My intention was not to offend you if I did I apologize. I agree about the ESPN site as well. The personal attacks and trashing of horses is uncalled for. Maybe arrogant was too strong a word but I really question running a maiden winner in the Belmont. It just seems that because Barbaro and Bernardini are not running people are dismissing the other runners as weak. I believe there are still some quality seasoned horses in the race and asking a recent maiden to beat them is a tall order. I think your horse looks like a good one I would get him a couple more wins than step up for the fall. I realize that is just my opinion and you could careless its just to explain to you where I am coming from.

randallscott35
05-31-2006, 07:58 AM
If Commendable can win the Belmont, pretty much any horse can. Worst winner of a Triple Crown race in history.

Buffymommy
05-31-2006, 08:39 AM
OK, I said I wasn't going to post here, but I came over and saw LLbigdog over here and I wanted to say thank you for sharing your experiences with everyone. Sorry about the buttheads over at the ESPN board. Some just don't know how to play well with others. Unhappy people who get jealous when others are happy and doing well.

I am happy to hear about FS. I can't wait to see him run again!

Also, run your horse in the Belmont. If he is fit enough and your trainer thinks he can handle it and is ready, why not take a chance? Love me some Point Given babies. Would love to see one in the Belmont. Personally the only horses to worry about would be BobandJohn (just cause I don't think he ran his race in the Derby), Sunriver and Deputy Glitters. But honestly, go for it! :o

Skip away
05-31-2006, 08:42 AM
Worst winner of any triple crown race was Giacomo. That was the biggest fluke in horse racing since Arcangues won the BC Classic at more than 100/1.
Giacomo makes Commendable look good. :D

oracle80
05-31-2006, 08:44 AM
OK, I said I wasn't going to post here, but I came over and saw LLbigdog over here and I wanted to say thank you for sharing your experiences with everyone. Sorry about the buttheads over at the ESPN board. Some just don't know how to play well with others. Unhappy people who get jealous when others are happy and doing well.

I am happy to hear about FS. I can't wait to see him run again!

Also, run your horse in the Belmont. If he is fit enough and your trainer thinks he can handle it and is ready, why not take a chance? Love me some Point Given babies. Would love to see one in the Belmont. Personally the only horses to worry about would be BobandJohn (just cause I don't think he ran his race in the Derby), Sunriver and Deputy Glitters. But honestly, go for it! :o

Buffy why did you not want to post here?
Its the same core good group from ESPN plus some great new faces and people. The difference is that the trolls cant infect the place.
The set up is even better. That just about cinches the deal doesn't it?

randallscott35
05-31-2006, 08:44 AM
Worst winner of any triple crown race was Giacomo. That was the biggest fluke in horse racing since Arcangues won the BC Classic at more than 100/1.
Giacomo makes Commendable look good. :D

Lil E Tee is right there as well.

slotdirt
05-31-2006, 08:53 AM
Sacred Light's not a maiden either, eh, though I don't think his own nose has crossed the line first in a race...YET. Think he definitely has potential though.

Buffymommy
05-31-2006, 09:08 AM
Buffy why did you not want to post here?
Its the same core good group from ESPN plus some great new faces and people. The difference is that the trolls cant infect the place.
The set up is even better. That just about cinches the deal doesn't it?

Don't want to offend those with my stupidity. Just wanted to say thanks to bigdog. It really is nice of him to share his experiences. I enjoyed hearing about what it is like to own a racehorse. Don't know if I will ever own one, but I like hearing about it so I can dream about it.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Don't want to offend those with my stupidity. Just wanted to say thanks to bigdog. It really is nice of him to share his experiences. I enjoyed hearing about what it is like to own a racehorse. Don't know if I will ever own one, but I like hearing about it so I can dream about it.
Stupidity? YOu lost me there.

zippyneedsawin
05-31-2006, 10:02 AM
You're right, Sacred Light does have one win, via DQ... he has NEVER crossed the wire first though!

Sacred Light's not a maiden either, eh, though I don't think his own nose has crossed the line first in a race...YET. Think he definitely has potential though.

kentuckyrosesinmay
05-31-2006, 10:20 AM
Glad to have you back Lansdon. I really enjoy your posts. You seem to manage your horses really well, and put them in good spots where you think they have a chance. If you think That's A Given stands a chance, I would say go for it. I would personally love to see him run, and I love rooting for your horses. The Belmont is shaping up to be a great race because it is so wide open. I hope First Samuri makes it back soon.

jpops757
05-31-2006, 12:54 PM
My intention was not to offend you if I did I apologize. I agree about the ESPN site as well. The personal attacks and trashing of horses is uncalled for. Maybe arrogant was too strong a word but I really question running a maiden winner in the Belmont. It just seems that because Barbaro and Bernardini are not running people are dismissing the other runners as weak. I believe there are still some quality seasoned horses in the race and asking a recent maiden to beat them is a tall order. I think your horse looks like a good one I would get him a couple more wins than step up for the fall. I realize that is just my opinion and you could careless its just to explain to you where I am coming from.
What is the reason for racing. The bottom line is money. I thing lbig is a great example of of horse ownership and looks out for his horses well being But cashing checks helps him stay in the business. Imaintain an enty in the belmount will produce a better return for him with the big purse in the Belmont. Even with a 5th he will get a better check than a N/W of 1 race. Who are we only fans and gamblers questioning a owner of his status. I have opinions of what to do but I dont think im qualified to tell him how to run his stable.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 12:56 PM
What is the reason for racing. The bottom line is money. I thing lbig is a great example of of horse ownership and looks out for his horses well being But cashing checks helps him stay in the business. Imaintain an enty in the belmount will produce a better return for him with the big purse in the Belmont. Even with a 5th he will get a better check than a N/W of 1 race. Who are we only fans and gamblers questioning a owner of his status. I have opinions of what to do but I dont think im qualified to tell him how to run his stable.
Its not like he doesn't get some good input from trusted sources as well.

Ironhorse
05-31-2006, 01:17 PM

I expressed an opinion. I explained what my opinion was based on. There are many ways to look look at a race. I was not trying to tell him what to do only what I would do. Everyday people post here about their opinions. Some are the same and some are very different. I guess thats why we run the races.
Why do you assume that everyone that posts here is just a fan or gambler?

jpops757
05-31-2006, 02:06 PM
I expressed an opinion. I explained what my opinion was based on. There are many ways to look look at a race. I was not trying to tell him what to do only what I would do. Everyday people post here about their opinions. Some are the same and some are very different. I guess thats why we run the races.
Why do you assume that everyone that posts here is just a fan or gambler?
My mistake on infering that you were only a fan or a gambler. I do feel that lbig is who he says he is. Therefore I respect his position. He has earned it with the stabeor stables he is connected to. Ihave no idea what your relationship to racing is. Maybe not even a fan. My appology for if I offended you by calling you a fan or a gambler. I assumed most in here wouldnt be offended by this name calling.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Most of his horses are VERY conservartively placed, and he himself is not prone to "taking a shot very often".
One time I talked into letting Message Red take a shot in a NY bred stakes race after she had just won a non 1 other than.
I assured him we would hit the board. I was in the paddock and he called me not all that pleased and said "Michael, this horse is 27 to ****ing 1!!!! I said yeah I know, make sure you play the exacta with her beneath Carson Hollow.
Carson Hollow ranbled home by 5 at like 1-5 but Message Red came storming down the center of the track to easliy take 2nd and become stakes placed.

Painting Lansdon with the crazy brush is about as far off as you can get. He's quite aware of what price the horse will be, he bets and follows races from all over the country daily.

jpops757
05-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Most of his horses are VERY conservartively placed, and he himself is not prone to "taking a shot very often".
One time I talked into letting Message Red take a shot in a NY bred stakes race after she had just won a non 1 other than.
I assured him we would hit the board. I was in the paddock and he called me not all that pleased and said "Michael, this horse is 27 to ****ing 1!!!! I said yeah I know, make sure you play the exacta with her beneath Carson Hollow.
Carson Hollow ranbled home by 5 at like 1-5 but Message Red came storming down the center of the track to easliy take 2nd and become stakes placed.

Painting Lansdon with the crazy brush is about as far off as you can get. He's quite aware of what price the horse will be, he bets and follows races from all over the country daily.
Maybe Im guliable but I take these examples you cite relating to Lbig and enhance my respect for him as an owner.

Ironhorse
05-31-2006, 02:54 PM
My mistake on infering that you were only a fan or a gambler. I do feel that lbig is who he says he is. Therefore I respect his position. He has earned it with the stabeor stables he is connected to. Ihave no idea what your relationship to racing is. Maybe not even a fan. My appology for if I offended you by calling you a fan or a gambler. I assumed most in here wouldnt be offended by this name calling.

You did not offend me. It just sounded like you were saying I should not express my opinion because I was not qualified to offer one. I am a big fan, a small gambler, that reads the sheets and we run a few.

deltaforce97
05-31-2006, 02:56 PM
Oracle, your story about Message Red has me wondering where Ice Cool Kitty is going next.......any idea?? ............LDog? I thought her last two races were solid.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Oracle, your story about Message Red has me wondering where Ice Cool Kitty is going next.......any idea?? ............LDog? I thought her last two races were solid.

No idea, the New York Oaks at the Finger Lakes would probably be the greatest spot this labor day.
Shes got a non winners of 2 condition left to use at some point.

deltaforce97
05-31-2006, 03:12 PM
That would be cool. We don't get many chances to see decent horses at the Finger.

oracle80
05-31-2006, 03:15 PM
That would be cool. We don't get many chances to see decent horses at the Finger.
I LOVE the Finger Lakes. Good value to bet on. Stopped there on the way home from Kentucky the day after the Derby. Was astounded at mow much nicer it is now that VLT's are in. Hadnt been in a while. Went upstairs to where I always go when I go there to where those carrels with the tv's are. Watched the last 4-5 from Belmont. How old is Ross Morton now? 80?

Skip away
05-31-2006, 03:19 PM
"And the last horse is moving into the gate...and they'rrre offff."

Winloc this, winloc that. The cheapest food & drinks you will ever find at any public racetrack. What a eerily depressing little place that is. :eek:

oracle80
05-31-2006, 03:21 PM
"And the last horse is moving into the gate...and they'rrre offff."

Winloc this, winloc that. The cheapest food & drinks you will ever find at any public racetrack. What a eerily depressing little place that is. :eek:

Its not THAT bad. Its kind of cheerily depressing.

deltaforce97
05-31-2006, 03:28 PM
It's funny you mentioned those carrels, when I go to FL, I always use them. I was worried about Mr. Morton last year when he missed a few weeks. I almost never bet the FL horses. Too many 4K claimers, they all seem to take turns winning. I only do well at FL by betting connections (trainer/jock).

Skip away
05-31-2006, 03:35 PM
I like Mr Morton as a person and think hes a decent announcer, but theres just something gloomy about that voice and that track. Even the horses just dont look all that healthy. I helped him with some financial stuff last year, hes a nice man. Does alright for himself there too ;)

Lbigdog77
06-01-2006, 05:53 PM
To all -

Will make a decision on That's A Given tomorrow (he's working in company at Belmont). 50/50 right now. If he doesn't work well, no way we will enter.

Regarding Ice Cool Kitty, not sure yet what's next for her. I think (and Rick Dutrow thinks) she will be able to stretch out, so we won't have to worry about Oprah Winney going forward (more than likely).

Visited First Sam today. He looks good ... still has a ways to go to get back in shape! LR

chromer
06-03-2006, 07:50 PM
"Will make a decision on That's A Given tomorrow (he's working in company at Belmont). 50/50 right now. If he doesn't work well, no way we will enter."

How'd the work go?

oracle80
06-03-2006, 08:00 PM
"Will make a decision on That's A Given tomorrow (he's working in company at Belmont). 50/50 right now. If he doesn't work well, no way we will enter."

How'd the work go?

hasnt worked yet due to awful track conditions.

Lbigdog77
06-03-2006, 09:49 PM
TAG working Sunday morning. We have until June 7 to decide, but will prob decide tomorrow (assuming the doggone rain stops and he gets to work!!!!).

Ice Cool Kitty is entered in an Allowance race at Belmont (race 8) on Weds. Gomez up. He's been riding great the last few days!

Cheers to all! Lansdon

Scav
06-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Mike, did you eat your DRF when Lansdon told you Gomez was up?

oracle80
06-04-2006, 06:57 AM
Mike, did you eat your DRF when Lansdon told you Gomez was up?

Scav,
It was me who kept him on Western. The bipolar guy who did time in jail for being a junkie(Gomez) has been riding much better the past few days and using him is smart, until he crashes down the slope again.

GPK
06-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Hey Lans....what has happened to Liquerox?? I recieved a work notice for him not too long ago..

GPK
06-04-2006, 09:54 AM
heres the notice I got for TAG this morning

Horse name That's a Given
Notes Point Given baby/Lansdon owned
Activity type Workout
Activity date 06-04-2006
Track Belmont Park
Surface Dirt training
Distance 7 Furlongs
Workout type Breezing
Workout time 1:28.09
Track condition Good

deltaforce97
06-04-2006, 10:46 AM
TAG working Sunday morning. We have until June 7 to decide, but will prob decide tomorrow (assuming the doggone rain stops and he gets to work!!!!).

Ice Cool Kitty is entered in an Allowance race at Belmont (race 8) on Weds. Gomez up. He's been riding great the last few days!

Cheers to all! Lansdon

Thanks for the update!!! Can't wait to see the Cool Kitty run on Wednesday. Good luck with where ever TAG ends up!

goingtothewhip
01-25-2008, 01:38 AM
Scav,
It was me who kept him on Western. The bipolar guy who did time in jail for being a junkie(Gomez) has been riding much better the past few days and using him is smart, until he crashes down the slope again.

Lol.

You can't teach that type of crazy.... its something you're born with. He is missed.

AeWingnut
01-25-2008, 10:56 PM
too...never figured out what got him banned (but i got my own problems;) ) i tried to warn him...oh well... i only bumped it up causa llq and llbigdogcoolj...q scratched today and i wanna know why (straight from the horse's mouth, if at all possible)

I remembered Not Phone and wondered what was up with this post.
now I know
but I don't

AeWingnut
01-25-2008, 11:06 PM
as i call mr. lansdon robbins III...has a horsie i like in the derby hunt...i have already said more than enuf about him

ok, lansdon was nice on the ESPN board way back when