PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood 7th

GPK
11-15-2006, 05:30 PM
does the Ghost need this one??? Been training well.

GPK
11-15-2006, 05:36 PM
does the Ghost need this one??? Been training well.

Figured as much...glad I didn't bet. Had to be looking just to get a race back in him.

SCUDSBROTHER
11-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Figured as much...glad I didn't bet. Had to be looking just to get a race back in him.

Jock tried for the lead 4 wide out of the gate.Game over,Kev.You take a horse out of his game that badly,and you deserve an a$$ whippin'.

GPK
11-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Jock tried for the lead 4 wide out of the gate.Game over,Kev.You take a horse out of his game that badly,and you deserve an a$$ whippin'.

True Scuds...very true...but he surely looked like he needed the race as well. He eligible for the Strub Series at SA starting next month?

SCUDSBROTHER
11-15-2006, 05:48 PM
True Scuds...very true...but he surely looked like he needed the race as well. He eligible for the Strub Series at SA starting next month?

Wasn't this horse coming off a layoff when he gave Imperialism a good fight at Del Mar?

GPK
11-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Wasn't this horse coming off a layoff when he gave Imperialism a good fight at Del Mar?

In all honesty....I have not looked at the PP's. Have had Ghost on my drf list for a while and knew he had not had a race in a while. Would have to go back and look....but you are right...4 wide on the front end is not where he needed to be. Has done his best running from just off the pace, if memory serves me correctly.

SCUDSBROTHER
11-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Didn't help that this slob(used to be fat slob..who knows now? loose skin slob for sure) trainer didn't give him a work at HWD.

SCUDSBROTHER
11-15-2006, 05:55 PM
In all honesty....I have not looked at the PP's. Have had Ghost on my drf list for a while and knew he had not had a race in a while. Would have to go back and look....but you are right...4 wide on the front end is not where he needed to be. Has done his best running from just off the pace, if memory serves me correctly.

Yes,actually he has fallen so far behind from the lead that the announcer ignores him until he rallies late in races.Even if he was fresh,he has to hold that horse(not burn early with the others like that.)

GPK
11-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Yeah...the dirt at SA seems to be a bit different than the stuff they are racing on at Holly.

SCUDSBROTHER
11-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah...the dirt at SA seems to be a bit different than the stuff they are racing on at Holly.

Yeah,Riley's Life finally found a track he liked.It's a pretty specific surface.That gray goat can't win for 5k,but won pretty easily in a tougher spot on this stuff.

2Hot4TV
11-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Strub is for 4 yo only. Ghost is a 5 yo and he's been training at Santa Anita. The horses coming over from Santa Anita have not been doing very well against the stock training at Hollywood. The horse I expect to run better next out in that race is Truly a Judge. He will be a bet for me if we see him work in the next 10 days and race in 4 or 5 weeks.

SCUDSBROTHER
11-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Strub is for 4 yo only. Ghost is a 5 yo and he's been training at Santa Anita. The horses coming over from Santa Anita have not been doing very well against the stock training at Hollywood. The horse I expect to run better next out in that race is Truly a Judge. He will be a bet for me if we see him work in the next 10 days and race in 4 or 5 weeks.

This is the biggest complaint I have with Stein(the Track.)I don't understand why that swine didn't get this horse atleast 1 damn work over the track.